Fun with TTB COLA's Online

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

These jags should rename their operation, “Douchecanoe”.   

Here’s their “Philosophy”:

PHILOSOPHY

The space we inhabit is being created every day. There is a vision for the line of that garment, the angle of that light. There is an evolution of each moment where the opportunity for ‘better’ exists. You understand what distinguishes the crafted. You appreciate the difference. And so do we. 

The Modern Townsman is Bob McLean designing a rear to front chassis for the foundation of the Corvette. He is Joseph Strauss, leaving a company that rejected his designs, forming a new operation, and revolutionizing the construction of the bascule bridge. He is every one of you that endeavor to reinvent the experience of your city or town and unrelentingly pursue the inimitable. 

OPPIDAN. FOR THE MODERN TOWNSMAN.

This is perhaps your best work yet.

Sorry fellas, that shite comes directly from those pinheads Website...  :D

• I like it 1

That is interesting. I think the rye source almost has to be JD, but if it is, that may be a first in recent times that anything has been sourced from them as far as I know...which isn’t much. The bourbon, however, is likely sourced from Dickel.

2 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

That is interesting. I think the rye source almost has to be JD, but if it is, that may be a first in recent times that anything has been sourced from them as far as I know...which isn’t much. The bourbon, however, is likely sourced from Dickel.

From all I have read/heard JD doesn't offer up barrels, I would guess it is Dickel however the third option would be Prichard.  We have hit a point where the "Craft" outfits are starting to source out inventory, Wyoming seems to be selling a good amount of stock to Breaker Bourbon, at this point who really knows.

From all I have read/heard JD doesn't offer up barrels, I would guess it is Dickel however the third option would be Prichard.  We have hit a point where the "Craft" outfits are starting to source out inventory, Wyoming seems to be selling a good amount of stock to Breaker Bourbon, at this point who really knows.

I guess Prichard’s is a possibility for the rye, but I haven’t seen any of their rye around for awhile so I wasn’t sure that they had any older rye stocks. I don’t think it’s Dickel either since the Dickel branded rye distillate is actually sourced from MGP then run through their Lincoln County Process.

20 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

I guess Prichard’s is a possibility for the rye, but I haven’t seen any of their rye around for awhile so I wasn’t sure that they had any older rye stocks. I don’t think it’s Dickel either since the Dickel branded rye distillate is actually sourced from MGP then run through their Lincoln County Process.

I believe Barrell has used TN rye as well, one explanation would be that Dickel has been distilling Rye with the intention of replacing or blending into the MGP stocks and hasn't hit their intended flavor profile yet.  I also don't think JD has been distilling Rye for 12 years they didn't have a straight Rye until the Single Barrel came out in 2017

• I like it 1

I have been offered a 9yr PS Barrell bourbon sourced from JD *gasp*. Respectable source, Gordon's. So you never know.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=19008001000418

WT going a different direct with this year's MK with a rye. I wonder if Bruce had a heavy influence on this decision. 

I'm definitely interested in this one. I'm a big fan of their rye, especially the RRSB. Kind of curious if this one will hang around on the shelves as long as the previous releases.

17 hours ago, Spade said:

I'm definitely interested in this one. I'm a big fan of their rye, especially the RRSB. Kind of curious if this one will hang around on the shelves as long as the previous releases.

Yep same. RRSB Rye is one of the best ryes on the market, and yet people rarely talk about it. Oh well, makes it easier for me to find. So count me as very interested in this one too.

8 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

A blended single barrel "Stright" bourbon?

In truth if you blend two straight whiskey's from the same state you still have a straight whiskey, any batched bourbon is by definition blended it's just not in the category of "Blended Whiskey"

Tough to blend a single barrel though.

Edited by kevinbrink

On 2/16/2019 at 11:04 PM, kevinbrink said:

Looks like MM is trying to explain 46's link to the Private Select bottles more closely

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=18306001000439

Interesting.  Not sure it's really necessary or that it will make much of a difference to 95% of the the market.  Curious as to why they feel the need to update the label and why they think this may be beneficial.

2 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Not exactly a blank spot, it a new label, the blank area is where Basil's rodeo buckled belt goes.  Instead of between PRESIDENT and Today it will be above WHEN

Mr. Hayden is getting old, and as such, he has taken to hiking his trousers higher.

Edited by Don Birnam

20 hours ago, Don Birnam said:

Not exactly a blank spot, it a new label, the blank area is where Basil's rodeo buckled belt goes.  Instead of between PRESIDENT and Today it will be above WHEN

Mr. Hayden is getting old, and as such, he has taken to hiking his trousers higher.

Ahh good point!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.