Fun with TTB COLA's Online

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

This excites me. I love the warehouse variance when it comes to RR SiB and WTKS. Im not sure if that's where OF got its inspiration for this idea, but I look forward to these. 

https://ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=21099001000614

This would excite me as well, but its new distillery only unobtanium.   Low fill "high angel share" barrels blended (I think by Jackie) and released in small batches at the distillery in Louisville for $50/375ml.  I alerted my cousin who was to be there right around the first release and he sent me a photo of a flyer at the distillery that basically said they distributed 100 tickets to buy at 9am on release date.  My cousin said it lasted all of 30 seconds.  

With the work from home aspect of the pandemic and I believe new looser regulations on Distillery's selling directly to the public it seems like pre opening lines are happening more and more.  Same cousin finished his tour at HH and was told all LE bottles put out that day were sold out.  Next day they arrived at 8:30 to get in line and missed the cut.  The third day they went back at 7:30ish and he was able to buy a EC18. OF16Bib and PHC Orange.  I was impressed with his perseverance, but  annoyed that distillery lines is becoming a trend that I think will continue to gain momentum.  

1 hour ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

This would excite me as well, but its new distillery only unobtanium.   Low fill "high angel share" barrels blended (I think by Jackie) and released in small batches at the distillery in Louisville for $50/375ml.  I alerted my cousin who was to be there right around the first release and he sent me a photo of a flyer at the distillery that basically said they distributed 100 tickets to buy at 9am on release date.  My cousin said it lasted all of 30 seconds.  

With the work from home aspect of the pandemic and I believe new looser regulations on Distillery's selling directly to the public it seems like pre opening lines are happening more and more.  Same cousin finished his tour at HH and was told all LE bottles put out that day were sold out.  Next day they arrived at 8:30 to get in line and missed the cut.  The third day they went back at 7:30ish and he was able to buy a EC18. OF16Bib and PHC Orange.  I was impressed with his perseverance, but  annoyed that distillery lines is becoming a trend that I think will continue to gain momentum.  

The sad thing about folks buying LE’s from the distillery is that many of the bottles purchased probably aren’t for consumption. 😡”Know what I mean Vern?” 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

It reminds me of concert tickets.  Someone that knows nothing about a band sees a long line, then can't resist. 🍠 F.O.M.O.

• I like it 1

20 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

The sad thing about folks buying LE’s from the distillery is that many of the bottles purchased probably aren’t for consumption. 😡”Know what I mean Vern?” 

Biba! Joe

I do Luther, but that’s also probably the case for a decent % of bottles purchased anywhere nowadays. 

• 7 months later...

@kevinbrink I miss you.  Yes, I know we do not know each other, but I pay attention when you post.  Specifically here.  I know it is a thankless task.  I'm willing to learn the secrets and post in your stead if you give me a quick rundown process.  :)

3 hours ago, Shizzy said:

@kevinbrink I miss you.  Yes, I know we do not know each other, but I pay attention when you post.  Specifically here.  I know it is a thankless task.  I'm willing to learn the secrets and post in your stead if you give me a quick rundown process.  :)

I miss @kevinbrink and his updates in this thread as well. If you want to work on this: https://www.ttb.gov/labeling/colas

It looks like you need an account, which you didn't in the past when I messed around on there.

8 hours ago, Shizzy said:

5 hours ago, Jazz June said:

I miss @kevinbrink and his updates in this thread as well. If you want to work on this: https://www.ttb.gov/labeling/colas

It looks like you need an account, which you didn't in the past when I messed around on there.

If you are on Instagram there's an account called comingwhiskey which posts this kind of info as well.

• I like it 2

• 6 months later...

Been awhile since I logged in as I hardly consume these days maybe a glass every couple weeks tops. Nice to see the kind words from folks, it was fun posting the updates. Hope everyone on here is well!

• I like it 7

41 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Been awhile since I logged in as I hardly consume these days maybe a glass every couple weeks tops. Nice to see the kind words from folks, it was fun posting the updates. Hope everyone on here is well!

We miss you!

• I like it 4

30 minutes ago, flahute said:

We miss you!

12 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

image.gif.3862d116b5933082e4f927c5f3f72147.gif

I'll try to pop in when I have my bi-weekly pour ;)

• I like it 6

1 minute ago, kevinbrink said:

Please do sir. Like @flahute posted, we miss you. 😊

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Please do sir. Like @flahute posted, we miss you. 😊

Biba! Joe

Appreciated same to you guys, mostly just trying to stop my self from compulsively buying shiny things I see and won't be able to consume in my lifetime, already have a bunker full of bottles that are going to outlast me at this point at the rate I can consume. The taster isn't what it used to be when it was well practiced but the plus side of that is the lower proof stuff tastes better than it ever did!

Edited by kevinbrink
  • I like it 3

8 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Please do— so nice to hear from you. Hope all is well. 

Dave

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Please do— so nice to hear from you. Hope all is well. 

Dave

Thanks same to you Dave!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.