2018 Angel's Envy Cask Strength

GeeTen
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Anybody tried this stuff yet?  It just showed up on our local shelves.  ☺️

Not in Atlanta yet to my knowledge. Has been tough to get lately, not to mention spendy!

Grabbed a botte in Louisville two weeks ago. Have not tapped it yet. Maybe tomorrow after work. Just got Weller 12, had to open that!

6 hours ago, Kane said:

The price tag, if I may ask?

$229.99 IIRC - as @tanstaafl2  said, "spendy".  ?

Edited by GeeTen

"All Clear" has been issued!  Our whole allotment of four (4) bottles sold over the weekend - crisis averted, thank you very much.  Is this the first stage of achieving Bourbon Zen???????   ☺️

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

"All Clear" has been issued!  Our whole allotment of four (4) bottles sold over the weekend - crisis averted, thank you very much.  Is this the first stage of achieving Bourbon Zen???????   ☺️

Might be......

To be honest I've never been a fan of Angels Envy, which makes it a lot easier to pass on, especially at that price.

• I like it 1

A local chain had last years on sale discounted to $175 and I still couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger despite the fact that I have had a pour at a bar and enjoyed it.

Funny. A few years ago this was an easy pass because there was no way I was willing to pay that much for a bottle of bourbon. Today it’s an easy pass because I need to save the funds for all the other $100 plus bottles I want to chase/buy. 

It showed up all over here for around $170-$175, but being that I wasn't a big fan last year I didn't jump in this year.

Still waiting to find out what the consensus is once everyone starts tasting it. 

I picked up 2017 CS but at 200$ + I decided its time to set some limits..  Total Wine had 2018 CS, 10 on shelf at 179$ and KWS had 2 left for 199$.  I think Im done with bottles pushing 200$.... Passed on Old Charter also at retail because 180$ can get me plenty of good drinkers... 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.