Sign in to follow this  
kevinbrink

Looks like Red Spot is on it's way

beasled

Interesting. I've read about Red Spot but never seen a bottle. Still need to try Yellow. Going on the shopping list..

• I like it 1

tanstaafl2

Will be curious to hear what the cost will be. With Yellow Spot running at about $100 and this one 3 years older it ain’t gonna be cheap!

kevinbrink

Probably more in line with the Middleton releases pricewise I would imagine.

tanstaafl2

The “spots” seem to be a bit more for the same age statement around here than Redbreast or Powers which are two other similar Middleton brands.We shall see!

Of course who knows when or if it makes it to Atlanta.

GaryT

We saw a bottle of Red Spot while in Belfast (the "original" Red Spot though, and not for sale).  Glad they're bringing it back!

IMG_4525.thumb.JPG.4197dbb40c276401d0b3b497a2df46a2.JPG

• I like it 1

tanstaafl2
On 10/24/2018 at 12:49 PM, GaryT said:

We saw a bottle of Red Spot while in Belfast (the "original" Red Spot though, and not for sale).  Glad they're bringing it back!

IMG_4525.thumb.JPG.4197dbb40c276401d0b3b497a2df46a2.JPG

Love that old label and it appears to be screw cap to boot! Did it say what year it was from?

Harry in WashDC
On 10/23/2018 at 2:42 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

The “spots” seem to be a bit more for the same age statement around here than Redbreast or Powers which are two other similar Middleton brands.We shall see!

Of course who knows when or if it makes it to Atlanta.

Funny you should mention this (or, more precisely, I'm pleased you articulated what I sort of had in the back of my head).  For whatever reason, I like the "differences" between the Redbreast offerings more than I like the "differences" between the Spots.  In other words, the Spots are OK, but he Redbreasts offerings, to me, are a lot of fun to taste.

GaryT
17 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Love that old label and it appears to be screw cap to boot! Did it say what year it was from?

It didn't, although they guy in the shop probably knows (he was walking us through the "spot" history, and the different folks that his boss had worked with over the last 50 years or so).  I'd ask, but not sure I'll ever get to Belfast again!