Looks like Red Spot is on it's way

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Interesting. I've read about Red Spot but never seen a bottle. Still need to try Yellow. Going on the shopping list..

• I like it 1

Will be curious to hear what the cost will be. With Yellow Spot running at about $100 and this one 3 years older it ain’t gonna be cheap!

The “spots” seem to be a bit more for the same age statement around here than Redbreast or Powers which are two other similar Middleton brands.We shall see!

Of course who knows when or if it makes it to Atlanta.

We saw a bottle of Red Spot while in Belfast (the "original" Red Spot though, and not for sale).  Glad they're bringing it back!

IMG_4525.thumb.JPG.4197dbb40c276401d0b3b497a2df46a2.JPG

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2018 at 12:49 PM, GaryT said:

We saw a bottle of Red Spot while in Belfast (the "original" Red Spot though, and not for sale).  Glad they're bringing it back!

IMG_4525.thumb.JPG.4197dbb40c276401d0b3b497a2df46a2.JPG

Love that old label and it appears to be screw cap to boot! Did it say what year it was from?

On 10/23/2018 at 2:42 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

The “spots” seem to be a bit more for the same age statement around here than Redbreast or Powers which are two other similar Middleton brands.We shall see!

Of course who knows when or if it makes it to Atlanta.

Funny you should mention this (or, more precisely, I'm pleased you articulated what I sort of had in the back of my head).  For whatever reason, I like the "differences" between the Redbreast offerings more than I like the "differences" between the Spots.  In other words, the Spots are OK, but he Redbreasts offerings, to me, are a lot of fun to taste.

17 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Love that old label and it appears to be screw cap to boot! Did it say what year it was from?

It didn't, although they guy in the shop probably knows (he was walking us through the "spot" history, and the different folks that his boss had worked with over the last 50 years or so).  I'd ask, but not sure I'll ever get to Belfast again!  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.