What beer are you drinking? (Fall/Winter 2018)

scratchline
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

28 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Damn you Joe. I know where you live and if you don't stop showing that PHC set in the background of your pictures, I'm coming down and stealing them. (I'm tired of drooling over that Old Charter)

Heehee!  Slope shoulder I some of my all- time faves!  These pics are in my office and come at the end do the day.  Unfortunately, there is no other open spot for pics.  If you saw my office and all the papers, files, and other stuff everywhere, you'd understand!  :D   

That’s right.  The Champagne of Beers after work.  No additional drinking vessel required...  :D

EDCBB31C-A7A6-48A9-A4B4-92E61C656E54.jpeg

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

That’s right.  The Champagne of Beers after work.  No additional drinking vessel required...  :D

You're busting my balls Joe. I'm going to see that background for the rest of my life, aren't I :P :D

I'm sippin' Wizard Burial Ground from Brewery Vivant tonight.  It's a bourbon barrel aged quad and it is drinking beautifully tonight.  They also canned a rum barrel variant of their quad.  It is remarkably similar to the bourbon barrel.  They are not all mine.  I mauled for friends.

1205182112.jpg

Had a Hardywood Caliente GBS tonight.  It was ok, but any time I have a stout that has peppers in it I find myself comparing it back to Xocoveza.  So far Xocoveza is still the tops there.

Had a Hardywood Christmas Pancakes last night.  It definitely smelled like waffles.  Too sweet for my tastes.

4 hours ago, Golferpimp1 said:

Speaking of too sweet ...... IMG_2809.jpg

Didn't particularly care for that one either

Had a 2017 Prairie Artisan Ales Christmas Bomb last night. Awesome stuff...need to try the 2018 release. 

Had a 2017 Prairie Artisan Ales Christmas Bomb last night. Awesome stuff...need to try the 2018 release. 

Was at the brewery in Tulsa two days ago and the 18 Xmas is great. Also enjoyed a paradise and a standard prairie bomb.

Standard at Roswell for a burger before barricading myself in the house for the remainder of the Holiday.  Washing it down with a Creature Comforts Tropicalia.  This beer was meant for a ginormous burger.

D38C63E7-3EC8-4B8A-B0CE-ECB7EA3AB423.jpeg

• I like it 2

IMG_2823.jpg
Last of a Ballast Point Victory at Sea aged in High West barrels. One of my favorite barrel aged beers.

• I like it 1

House is abustle this Christmas Eve day.  Watching the show with a SweetWater Festive Ale.  

F854C82E-B9AB-4D88-BE43-7532C015E212.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 1

Why all the hate for the DKML, I actually thought this was one of the best barrel aged beers I’ve had in a while. Thanks to a generous SBer who doesn’t agree with me, I’m enjoying one of these.

Nothing like malt liquor while waiting on the grill to smoke some ribs.

IMG_5971.thumb.JPG.cea572e342232af5110a4c195dd947b6.JPG

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Belgian Gueuze lambic might be my new favorite kind of beer these are really good.

IMG_6003.JPG

Heh, a friend gave the exact same bottle and a couple others to me last week after he bought them thinking he's getting a Gose and then hated the taste. My first Oude Geuze, a very enjoyable discovery.

• I like it 1

Heh, a friend gave the exact same bottle and a couple others to me last week after he bought them thinking he's getting a Gose and then hated the taste. My first Oude Geuze, a very enjoyable discovery.

Ha that’s awesome, I actually hate Gose. Curious what else did you get, if there’s anything good please share here. Also if they have Gueuze Tilquin where you live I highly recommend that. It’s one of my favorite beers of all time.

12 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Ha that’s awesome, I actually hate Gose. Curious what else did you get, if there’s anything good please share here. Also if they have Gueuze Tilquin where you live I highly recommend that. It’s one of my favorite beers of all time.

Even Lindemans Cuvee Rene Gueuze is nice, 3 Fonteinen and Cantillon both make fantastic beers but I don't find them to be worth the effort of seeking them out compared to Tilquin. 

Even Lindemans Cuvee Rene Gueuze is nice, 3 Fonteinen and Cantillon both make fantastic beers but I don't find them to be worth the effort of seeking them out compared to Tilquin. 

Thanks for this I’ll keep an eye out for these as I don’t think we have Tilquin in Houston.

13 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Thanks for this I’ll keep an eye out for these as I don’t think we have Tilquin in Houston.

I was a fairly avid Beer Drinker for the last 18 years but have very much slowed down over the last three, when I was hunting such things beermenus.com was my friend. 

• I like it 1

The other two were Cantillon and Hanssens. They are already gone and I had a good time, but I don't think I was able to appreciate all the little nuances to compare them. Looks like Tilquin is also obtainable here. I'll experiment with these a bit more.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.