Bourbon "stuff"

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

There was a thread similar to this a number of years ago. Instead of resurrecting it, I thought I'd start a new one. :)

Long story short, while out and about today, Mrs. Joe and I stopped at an estate sale. For the audacious sum of $1.50, I was able to pick up a vintage liquor travel case. :o As near as I can figure out, its roughly 40 years old. Similar ones I found doing a google search dated back to 1978. It fits the needs of this Weller whore quite nicely. ^_^

Biba! Joe

p1.jpeg

p2.jpeg

p3.jpeg

• I like it 1

WOW!!!    Nice scoop, Joe! :)

I might have tried to bargain 'em down a little (if you knew me a little longer, or better, you may ...or may not ...believe that....); but, I concede you did OK at a buck and a half.  :o HA!  :lol:

It was originally $3.00. Today was the last day of the sale, so everything was half off.  :P

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2018 at 5:59 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

There was a thread similar to this a number of years ago. Instead of resurrecting it, I thought I'd start a new one. :)

Long story short, while out and about today, Mrs. Joe and I stopped at an estate sale. For the audacious sum of $1.50, I was able to pick up a vintage liquor travel case. :o As near as I can figure out, its roughly 40 years old. Similar ones I found doing a google search dated back to 1978. It fits the needs of this Weller whore quite nicely. ^_^

Biba! Joe

p1.jpeg

p2.jpeg

p3.jpeg

My Uncle had one similar to this... I remember him bringing it to family Christmas and Thanksgiving and mixing Manhattans out of it! Even as a young lad I thought it was the coolest thing!

Enjoy!

• I like it 1

• 9 months later...

My wife and I went “antiquing”. Basically me following her around while she looks for Hummel figurines and Breyer horses.

Did pick up these three decanters though. Not really a decanter collector, but living in Springfield, IL I thought the Old State Capital one was neat. The Illini football is from Stitzel Weller and fits in with the tons of other Illini memorabilia in my man cave. The Eagle is Jim Beam and I do like Eagles and buy various Eagle Knick knacks as I am an Eagle Scout. They all cleaned up pretty nice and the most I paid first for any was the Eagle at $14 so didn’t feel like I got taken on impulse buys too badly. IMG_5005.jpgIMG_5006.jpgIMG_5009.jpg

• I like it 3

• 1 month later...

A couple months ago, we moved my father-in-law to an assisted living facility. When we moved his stuff out of his home, I inherited a few cool things. And by his account, they were used quite frequently. I'm sure the binocular flask would not make it through security at sporting events in today's world, but they sure are cool.

20190920_125502.jpg

20190920_125753.jpg

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Phil T said:

A couple months ago, we moved my father-in-law to an assisted living facility. When we moved his stuff out of his home, I inherited a few cool things. And by his account, they were used quite frequently. I'm sure the binocular flask would not make it through security at sporting events in today's world, but they sure are cool.

20190920_125753.jpg

I dunno... ya' might sneak that flask in, if ya' had it slung over yer neck, and held onto 'em tight when asked about whatever else you might have with ya'.     In any event; Very Cool stuff, my friend.

Edited by Richnimrod
typo...oooooooops!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.