What Water of Life Did You Purchase - Fall/Winter 2018

BigRich
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was looking around and the last of these threads was for spring. I’m being proactive and just calling it for Fall and Winter at this point.

My Compass Box quest ended today at lunch. I went in the store that I knew had what I was looking for while I near our operations office today. A Spaniard and two single marrying casks came home with me. One Artist’s Blend and one Glasgow Blend.

• I like it 4

Did you get the last Spaniard? ?
That's my neighborhood store and I was just there. Looked for the Spaniard and didn't see it.

Picked up 4 today....Deanston 12, Tomatin Cu' Bocan, Glen Grant 15 and Glenmorangie Astar.

Did you get the last Spaniard? ?
That's my neighborhood store and I was just there. Looked for the Spaniard and didn't see it.

I did get the Spaniard. There was only one other when I got mine.
  • I like it 1

20 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Wow awesome, does it list the component whiskeys?

No, disappointingly. The normal stuff has "whiskies from every distillery on Islay (including Port Ellen)" though this doesn't say that, but I would assume in this instance that it probably doesn't include Port Ellen for the price. Still, should be good. 

• I like it 1

11 minutes ago, beasled said:

No, disappointingly. The normal stuff has "whiskies from every distillery on Islay (including Port Ellen)" though this doesn't say that, but I would assume in this instance that it probably doesn't include Port Ellen for the price. Still, should be good. 

I'm a big fan of the Christmas Edition that I have, which I think is 2015, hard to imagine that not being really enjoyable.

6 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I'm a big fan of the Christmas Edition that I have, which I think is 2015, hard to imagine that not being really enjoyable.

I will report back of course!

• I like it 1

I found a Glenmorangie 3 pack (The Original, Lasanta and Quinta Ruban) for $100 at Costco.  All .750 size.  For that price I had to give it a shot.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, beasled said:

Not had much Glen Grant but this was a pretty decent price for the age and strength. 

20181108_185448.jpg

If you dig it, next time your in the states I'll have to get you a pour of the Batch Strength Bourbon Cask 15 year old pretty sure it was US only, I like it quite a bit. 

19 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

If you dig it, next time your in the states I'll have to get you a pour of the Batch Strength Bourbon Cask 15 year old pretty sure it was US only, I like it quite a bit. 

Sounds great, thanks dude!

• I like it 1

Being the huge fan of Redbreast 15 that I am, picked up another one when I saw it for $69. Hasn't been that cheap around here in years.

• I like it 2

Being the huge fan of Redbreast 15 that I am, picked up another one when I saw it for $69. Hasn't been that cheap around here in years.

I would’ve bought a couple. The price on RBs had crept up so much in that I keep a bottle of the 12CS but can’t let go of the coin for any of the others. Even the pricing on the CS gives me heart palpitations.

Irish Whiskey prices are getting almost as stupid as Japanese around here only difference is the availability of true bottom shelf bottles of Irish Whiskey. 

3 more Benromach 10's in today.  What can I say?  I really like this one a  LOT.

I’ve passed on this many times because most of the reviews that I’ve seen give it just an average rating. Your enthusiasm for it has me reconsidering, so maybe I’ll pick one up.
  • I like it 1

I’ve been passing on the two by Compass Box for quite awhile at a store that I shop at on occasion, but the low prices finally made me take the plunge. The Glendronach was one I hadn’t seen before, and I’m used to the more common sherry bomb...it was well priced so I thought I’d give it a try.
IMG_5097.jpg

• I like it 2

On 11/14/2018 at 12:54 AM, lcpfratn said:

I’ve passed on this many times because most of the reviews that I’ve seen give it just an average rating. Your enthusiasm for it has me reconsidering, so maybe I’ll pick one up.

well, my taste buds, and one of the most respected Scotch reviewers around think the Benromach 10 is a lot better than average.

http://www.whiskyfun.com/archiveapril17-2-Benromach-Bowmore-Glenmorangie-Laphroaig.html#250417

• I like it 2

A few recent purchases, a new Total Wine Blended Malt 8 year Islay that at 46% was interesting enough to convince me to give it  try despite the crappy metal screw top. The other two seemed like they sat on the shelf for long enough to find a home with me. 

y4maYzJYQ6r85EpdnUJaJHcI1yb6b2PaiqZMyzH0

I know it won't be great but I pickled up a GOT Talisker Select Reserve.  I'm expecting it to be similar to the Storm expression which I enjoy.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.