What Water of Life Did You Purchase - Fall/Winter 2018

BigRich
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yikes! $50 for Lag 16? I'm with Rich, buy a case!

Edited by Vosgar
  • I like it 1

10 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Yikes! $50 for Lag 16? I'm with Rich, buy a case!

14 hours ago, BigRich said:

Wow! I would’ve bought a case at that price.

I would have, but I only really get through one a year so no particular need to stock up. It's normally £45-£50 here. 

Well buy 3 cases and send them to Rich, Gary, and me!   ?.   

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Well buy 3 cases and send them to Rich, Gary, and me!   ?.   

Ok, ok, jeez...

4 hours ago, beasled said:

Ok, ok, jeez...

:D:D:D:D   We enjoy telling others how to spend their hard earned money!

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some indy Bunnahabhain. 26 year old for under £170, not bad! No details on type of cask though. 

image.thumb.png.84a6859cf19fd371659bc174dfdbf218.png

• I like it 2

Picked up a Crown Royal Noble Collection 13 year old Blenders’ Mash.  Crown was maybe the first whiskey I loved (ironically, can't stand the cloyingly sweet stuff anymore), and haven't read anything that left me to expect I wouldn't like it.  Now just have to wait for this @#$% head cold to clear up enough to enjoy it!

• I like it 2

Early Christmas present to myself...it was a good year.

IMG_2454.thumb.JPG.79eda7bc168efd3a8e3867357b74e012.JPG

I’m sensing that you are a sherry cask type of guy.

38 minutes ago, BigRich said:

I’m sensing that you are a sherry cask type of guy.

With a splash of Peat from Highland Park...yes I am.

Purchased through an FB group, the Springbank is a fresh port cask and the Hazelburn is a refill sherry cask. 

Screenshot_20181210-155907_Photos.jpg

• I like it 8

On 12/15/2018 at 8:54 AM, beasled said:

Another Hazelburn... Cognac butt.

Screenshot_20181215-135215_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20181215-135229_Photos.jpg

Hope they prove to be excellent. I do enjoy the various Sprinkbank special cask bottlings but have had some near misses with some of the single barrels which can be a bit painful considering they tend to be a bit spendy. Their success with small batch bottlings like the excellent  cask strength 17yo Sherry Wood from a few years ago or even the 12yo Burgundy has me leaning towards those over the single barrels these days (unless I get the chance to try one first of course!).

Took a flyer on a Boutiquey Whisky Co. 35 year old blend - limited to something like 200 bottles. There was no info on the label so i'm wondering if they barrelled and aged the blend and it was a single barrel purchase by Binny's.   I intended to just pick up a couple of cigars, but the bottle caught my eye. 

Slowed way down on purchasing of all spirits & concentrating on thinning out the bunker

Douglas Laing Rock Oyster 18.  The NAS bottle a friend pured for me was tasty and since K&L is clearing out the last of the 18yr I figured I should get one.  

Also awaiting delivery of Kilkerran 12.

There's a 22yr Bowmore that's calling to me but I must shop for others before I get myself a treat...

Edited by berto

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, beasled said:

Decent price on this. 

Screenshot_20181229-131308_Photos.jpg

Looks very sexy, that re-launch 10yr! I still gotta try this, anybody compared this to the NAS and older releases?

1 hour ago, Kane said:

Looks very sexy, that re-launch 10yr! I still gotta try this, anybody compared this to the NAS and older releases?

Yes-- doing it now. The NAS really can't compete with the other two in this line-up-- the drop-off is surprisingly dramatic.

The 2011/2018 6yo has a crisp, zesty lead-off and while a wee bit more rounded and subtle, the 10yo has one hell of a finish.

IMG_1429.thumb.jpg.30fcce0c8d2c153412cb6d8ac3d3bb19.jpg

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.