Whiskey Sales Figures from the VA ABC

DCFan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

What that tells me is that there are a bunch of people in Virginia who have suspect tastes in liquor.  Fireball?  You've got to be kidding.

It reiterates for me that the vast majority of the general public drinks for the effect (and cheaply at that) rather than the taste.

• I like it 6

1 hour ago, CardsandBourbon said:

What that tells me is that there are a bunch of people in Virginia who have suspect tastes in liquor.  Fireball?  You've got to be kidding.

It's not just Virginny, it's ranks up there nationally as well.

10 minutes ago, DCFan said:

It's not just Virginny, it's ranks up there nationally as well.

Yep.  Fireball is a massively successful brand from what I’ve heard.  I forget how much is sold, but I think it’s close to 5 million per year.  

I had no idea Fireball has had such a meteoric rise.   Per its wikipedia page:

"In 2011, Fireball accounted for a mere $1.9 million in sales...In 2016, Bloomberg reported that with estimated sales of at least $150 million in 2015..."

2 hours ago, dcbt said:

It reiterates for me that the vast majority of the general public drinks for the effect (and cheaply at that) rather than the taste.

Considering the amount of Fast Food, processed food and Corn Syrup based beverages consumed in the US I would say that Fireball is right in line with most Americans tastes. 

25 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Yep.  Fireball is a massively successful brand from what I’ve heard.  I forget how much is sold, but I think it’s close to 5 million per year.  

Those BT warehouses don’t build themselves. Fireball is a cash cow for them. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/422940/us-sales-of-the-leading-whiskey-brands/

Sorry, that one has a pay wall.  

I believe it was;

1. JD

2. Crown Royal

3. Fireball

4. JB

5. Jameson

https://vinepair.com/articles/20-most-popular-whiskey-brands-america-2018/

Edited by DCFan
Pay wall

4 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Aren’t BTAC allocations based on fireball sales because it moves at volumes bourbon doesn’t?

Among other things (Saz Vodkas) this very much seems to often be the case.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.