lcpfratn

Game of Thrones Single Malt Collection

lcpfratn

I wasn’t seeking these, but stumbled upon four of the eight at a price below regular retail prices, so I took the plunge. I’ve found one of the remaining four and have a line on two more, but the Clynelish seems to be evading me. Does anyone have access to that one (actually two bottles)? PM me if you do.

Is anyone else planning on picking up any of these? I know it’s all just a marketing ploy by Diageo, but the prices are reasonable, and most of the whisky will probably be pretty good anyway...and I have to admit that they do come in very cool containers.

IMG_0031.jpg

kevinbrink

I don't watch the show but based on specs/price I'm hoping to grab the Lagavulin, Talisker and Clynelish. 

lcpfratn
I don't watch the show but based on specs/price I'm hoping to grab the Lagavulin, Talisker and Clynelish. 

Yeah, I actually bought two each of the Lagavulin and Talisker. For some reason, the Clynelish is a tougher find in my area.

kevinbrink
Just now, lcpfratn said:

Yeah, I actually bought two each of the Lagavulin and Talisker. For some reason, the Clynelish is a tougher find in my area.

I've yet to see them here but we are usually late to most parties in NJ. 

• I like it 1

jvd99

Love the show.  Not interested in the collection, but looks like a fun chase - good luck - I’ll keep my eyes peeled

• I like it 1

jvd99

The Clynelish is available at multiple Binny's locations around Chicago

lcpfratn
The Clynelish is available at multiple Binny's locations around Chicago

A little too far away from me.

smokinjoe
On 11/16/2018 at 3:42 PM, lcpfratn said:

A little too far away from me.

Slacker.  :D

• I like it 1

lcpfratn
Slacker.  

Yeah, yeah! I keep hoping I’ll find one or more closer to me...they’ve just been released, so maybe I’ll find one yet.

kevinbrink

Whelp I did in fact pick up these three, also grabbed the Singleton and Cardhu for a friend so looking to see how the Talisker and Lagavulin stack up to their closest kin, Talisker Storm and Lag 8. 

y4mgb3Jbm4GFReytO_5rsSN77iQWWy3TQ7MWeqnh

• I like it 2

GaryT

My wife and I love the show, but wasn't planning on picking them up.  I mean - I figured one show-themed whiskey was plenty (although doubtless every other option will be more rewarding to drink!) :lol:  But this apparently does tricks when you put it in the freezer!  Can't wait to see if my frozen pizza shows white-walker teeth marks by morning ;) 

IMG_20181201_075439.thumb.jpg.31c15904ecf30c363ba66acf2972709c.jpg

• I like it 1

tanstaafl2
20 hours ago, GaryT said:

My wife and I love the show, but wasn't planning on picking them up.  I mean - I figured one show-themed whiskey was plenty (although doubtless every other option will be more rewarding to drink!) :lol:  But this apparently does tricks when you put it in the freezer!  Can't wait to see if my frozen pizza shows white-walker teeth marks by morning ;) 

IMG_20181201_075439.thumb.jpg.31c15904ecf30c363ba66acf2972709c.jpg

I suppose it is no more (or less) tacky than the Walking Dead themed wine where if you used an app on your phone and pointed it at the bottle the label "came to life" so to speak and the zombies started attacking.

Which begs the question whether zombies can in fact come to life...

• I like it 1

Surtur

I’m a huge Lagavulin fan and GoT fan so I went ahead and bought a few of those, plus the Dalwhinnie because it was $35. I had a friend buy me the Cardhu, Singleton, Clynelish, and Royal Lochnagar for Christmas, so now I guess I might as well find the Oban and Talisker. So far the 4 I’ve tried have all been very good, with the Lagavulin and Clynelish being great. The bottles will also be cool decoration for a while too

Edited by Surtur
  • I like it 1

lcpfratn

Thanks to FasterHorses for finding the Clynelish that I was missing to complete the GoT set! I’ve got to start trying some of them soon.

portwood
On 12/1/2018 at 5:34 PM, kevinbrink said:

Whelp I did in fact pick up these three, also grabbed the Singleton and Cardhu for a friend so looking to see how the Talisker and Lagavulin stack up to their closest kin, Talisker Storm and Lag 8. 

y4mgb3Jbm4GFReytO_5rsSN77iQWWy3TQ7MWeqnh

I've never watched GoT, so I couldn't care less about the branding angle. On a quality basis, these three may be the only ones of interest to the typical whisky nerd. For me, the only two worth paying the branding premium are the Lagavulin and Clynelish - too many NAS options available from Talisker to bother with the GofT version...

lcpfratn
I've never watched GoT, so I couldn't care less about the branding angle. On a quality basis, these three may be the only ones of interest to the typical whisky nerd. For me, the only two worth paying the branding premium are the Lagavulin and Clynelish - too many NAS options available from Talisker to bother with the GofT version...

Actually, there isn’t really much of a branding premium that I can see. I was actually really surprised how well priced this series is, and that was what got me interested in them since I’ve never watched GoT either.

berto

Wasn't planning on buying any but bought the Talisker and the Dalwhinnie because Costco had them for prices that compelled me to take a chance.