Looking for store picks in TX.

smthgfshy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'll be visiting San Antonio TX and San Diego CA for a few days around Thanksgiving.  I'm looking for recommendations of bottle shops in/around those two cities for store picks and unique bottles.  No, I'm not after your pappy or btac, or even that elmer or blantons you've been waiting for.  I'm looking for recommendations of stores that often have store picks, or stores that you are proud of, respect, that treat their customers right by pricing at/near retail, call you back, hold bottles for you, or have knowledgeable staff, and a uniquely cultivated selection.  For example: if you're in Anchorage, AK, stop by LaBodega for all of the above except store picks.  Brown Jug has occasional store picks. Avoid Gold Rush as they prioritize secondary pricing, don't call you back, and don't make most allocated bottles available to the public.  (Yes, I believe it's important to call out dishonest retailers)  In addition to store pics I'm looking for weller 12/107, barrell, or old scout single barrels, ehtbp, and any other unique whiskeys you'd want a friend to know about.  Moderators: Maybe the premise of this post could help out fellow travelers find interesting bourbon that isn't distributed in their market? 

TABC has an app that will pull up all licensed liquor stores near you while in Texas.

In San Antonio try Alamo City Liquor. They usually have multiple store picks. I think right now they have Russell reserve, barrel bourbon (fantastic pic), Widow Jane, Garrison Brothers, had a Blantons but may be out. Also have some magnus. It’s worth the trip. Go to the location off Thousand Oaks. That’s my local store and great people.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.