Show Us Your Stash - Volume 5

Jfletchgu

The bunker keeps expanding.  Has something to do with the expansion of the universe.  I'm just trying to keep up.

Cabinet

image.thumb.png.76a71f13f1e253079cad80206914ad26.png

Back Cabinet

image.thumb.png.9c93a4315e56f89f549df9047cccc4f1.png

Under Bar

image.thumb.png.dff445dd4075928cfb139840112fed76.png

Hidden Stash

image.thumb.png.ca8b4779f3c1be9a39c7820aeff47909.png

Edited by CardsandBourbon
  • I like it 4

Is EHT BP easy for you to find or something? I’ve never come across even one....

I’ve been lucky and have gotten 2 at retail. Used one in a trade and slowly drinking the other.
Delicious.

On 12/10/2018 at 8:23 AM, JSpartan said:

Is EHT BP easy for you to find or something? I’ve never come across even one....

On 12/10/2018 at 9:03 AM, Clueby said:

Exactly!  If it wasn't for SB I wouldn't believe they exist.  I have never, EVER seen one bottle.

I’ve only seen one in the wild.  You best believe I swiped it up in a hurry & felt like I hit the lottery that day.  Especially because I paid $65 for it. :D

6 hours ago, cfochs said:

I know it doesn't compare to some of the other collections, but it is decent for what is available in my area 

IMG_20181211_192546.jpg

A lot of good bourbon there. Have you tried rye? Grab a bottle of Rittenhouse BiB or WT Rye 101 if it’s available around you. Occasionally a rye is all I want. 

35 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

A lot of good bourbon there. Have you tried rye? Grab a bottle of Rittenhouse BiB or WT Rye 101 if it’s available around you. Occasionally a rye is all I want. 

I've got Rittenhouse and Old Overholt (not shown in pic) that I usually use in my old fashioneds.

• 1 month later...

I’ve posted many times about my drinking shelf, but don’t think I’ve ever shown an actual photo. Top left are open bottles with my “4R experience” shelf below. Top right are various BA cocktails. The Fonseca box is full of sample bottles I pour off to help make room and get through bottles faster without having to drink em all. Rest is storage. There is one more shelf above that I have not expanded to yet. But otherwise am pretty close to capacity. 

And I confess to having a few boxes stored offsite in a basement. That consists mostly of my stash of EC12 bottles, a few OldFitz BiB handles, and some older label W107 and WSR which I think will make really cool gifts down the road4398393F-D884-4E6F-BD78-A2F5BC26E777.thumb.jpeg.dfe7baf6fdb612bd9c593684030219f8.jpeg

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

I’ve posted many times about my drinking shelf, but don’t think I’ve ever shown an actual photo. Top left are open bottles with my “4R experience” shelf below. Top right are various BA cocktails. The Fonseca box is full of sample bottles I pour off to help make room and get through bottles faster without having to drink em all. Rest is storage. There is one more shelf above that I have not expanded to yet. But otherwise am pretty close to capacity. 

And I confess to having a few boxes stored offsite in a basement. That consists mostly of my stash of EC12 bottles, a few OldFitz BiB handles, and some older label W107 and WSR which I think will make really cool gifts down the road. 

Really nice set up Bob.

Biba! Joe

@Bob_Loblaw what a shelf. How did you get all those boxes, any chances the contents are the same as the what the boxes show?

It doesn't really hold a candle to a lot of what I see here, but a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Or pour. Or something. Carry on. 
[emoji14]
20181204_185632.thumb.jpg.fe4001512a252754bfa0e35507590e9a.jpg

I think that McKena BIB deserves to go up a few shelves. Maybe swap it for the Crown.
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, jodytek said:

I think that McKena BIB deserves to go up a few shelves. Maybe swap it for the Crown.

No real rhyme or reason as to why these are "organized" this way, but I totally get your point. And wholeheartedly agree!

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, Galvin0791 said:

No real rhyme or reason as to why these are "organized" this way, but I totally get your point. And wholeheartedly agree!

You're too easy Mike. ^_^

Biba! Uncle Doucé

No way I'd ever post a pic of my bunker.   I keep telling GBS guys I only have Jim Beam White,  Bartons, Ten High  and Early Times  stored up.

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, jodytek said:

Amazes me that I don’t see more Belle Meade’s in these posts.

It's not widely distributed.

• I like it 1

18 minutes ago, troyce said:

No way I'd ever post a pic of my bunker.   I keep telling GBS guys I only have Jim Beam White,  Bartons, Ten High  and Early Times  stored up.

And we believe you, because that’s all you bring to share, ya cheap bastid...

• I like it 1

I once again took some time today to rearrange and take an inventory of my stash. In the past two weeks, I've emptied a few bottles with my spur of the moment Old Bottle Weller Blend, and making more of my 2018 Weller Blend. I also had a bottle swap with a co-worker. On my advice, he bought a bottle of EC. I told him that I'd take it off his hands if he didn't like it. Well, he didn't like it. I took it off his hands, and gave him most of a 750 of Larceny, and a 375 ml of KC. After that, here's my stash. I feel that I have a pretty decent stash, but it's probably not as much as what a lot of you think I have. ^_^

Total bottles-96 

Open bottles- 19         12 from BT and 7 "others"

Bunkered bottles-77    55 from BT and 22 "others"

I also have 1 BHC 50 ml set, and 2 Old Forester Prohibition sets

The pics below are from a couple of weeks ago. They are of all my BT stuff except a bottle EHT Warehouse C Tornado Surviving Bourbon that I forgot to grab.

Biba! Joe

x1.jpeg

trace2.jpeg

• I like it 8

On 1/20/2019 at 11:11 AM, HoustonNit said:

@Bob_Loblaw what a shelf. How did you get all those boxes, any chances the contents are the same as the what the boxes show?

Thank you!  I am lucky to have a great LS who is understanding of my little obsession. It took quite a long time to assemble and I was more than a little disappointed to find out all of the Van Winkle Boxes are the same generic box unlike the BTAC

Nerd that I am, I call it the Iceberg because you can only see what has been pushed above the surface.  However, there is always a chance . . . :)  I will say that I never took a box of something that I did not also get the corresponding bottle.    But I also ain't getting full cases of any of those so much of the space is filled with other bottles.

• I like it 1

Hey, we all gotta start somewhere. Yeah, my bunker might be pretty cool now, but in the beginning.......  Yes, three bottles. :o

Biba! Joe

b1.jpeg

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, pyro273 said:

Just starting out....

shelf2.jpg

shelf1.jpg

That is very impressive for just starting out! Like Joe said, we all start out somewhere and you appear to be doing just fine on the acquiring front.

On 1/21/2019 at 7:31 PM, pyro273 said:

Just starting out....

shelf2.jpg

shelf1.jpg

That cabinet is beautiful, what an awesome display!