Show Us Your Stash - Volume 5

Jfletchgu

2 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Looks great. Love the brick. What are the bottles in between the Peg Leg and the Willet?

Peg Leg 8’s

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, BigRich said:

That’s a lonely bottle of wine.

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Ha was thinking the exact same thing.

Yeah, not much of a wine drinker lol. 

I’m not gonna lie...  I’m single, so the wine is for the ladies who don’t want bourbon.  Need to restock the supply, obviously. :D

• I like it 2

2 minutes ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

I’m not gonna lie...  I’m single, so the wine is for the ladies who don’t want bourbon.

I wouldn't be spending any time with ladies that don't want bourbon.

:)

• I like it 3

12 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Great life advice here ;)

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, 0895 said:

On the flip side, if the lady loves bourbon,  how will he ever know if she's not just using him for his whiskey?  :P

Edited by Vosgar
  • I like it 5

1 hour ago, Vosgar said:

On the flip side, if the lady loves bourbon,  how will he ever know if she's not just using him for his whiskey?  :P

Does it matter?

:P

• I like it 5

4 hours ago, 0895 said:

Does it matter?

Surely doesn’t to me :D

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, 0895 said:

Does it matter?

You're absolutely right! What was I thinking? 

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, PaulO said:

Harry, what about the basement and car trunk?

Sshhhhh.  Basement is where the "wine" boxes are - safely "aging".  Car trunk?  Dang,  I forgot about it.  Better check it as I think I have a store pick MM BP from November 2018 in there.

2 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Sshhhhh.  Basement is where the "wine" boxes are - safely "aging".  Car trunk?  Dang,  I forgot about it.  Better check it as I think I have a store pick MM BP from November 2018 in there.

What about the trash can beside the recliner? ;)

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

22 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

What about the trash can beside the recliner? ;)

Biba! Joe

That's where the OGDBIB and Beam Bonded reside.

• I like it 1

Here is the current status of my stash. Apologies for the weird lighting, I accidentally left my camera on "food mode". I have a shelf dedicated to BT, and also realized I could easily dedicate a shelf to HH as well (which as you can see I almost am). I need to restock the WT101!

Updated Collection 3.13.19.jpg

• I like it 1

My stash is in parts.  Pictured are: opens in dining room behind a chair leg and under a butler's table holding liqueurs and open gin, etc., basement/furnace room bunker near slot machine (which, incidentally, I registered with the FBI and the DOJ per Federal law when I bought it in the 1970s), and utility/laundry room (with shelves 20 inches deep so there's bottles behind the bottles).  NOT pictured: "wine" boxes to the right of the Smirnoff box under a workbench, a wooden wine box to the left of the WT MK (partially visible with OF, Tom's Foolery, some Booker's, etc., standing upright and which has KCs to ITS left), a shelf above the slot machine, stuff behind the Tito's box which contains no Tito's, a few scattered bottles on upper shelves in the utility room above the light bar, and a cabinet holding liqueurs and nonwhiskeys (like rum, gin, etc.) in the living room.  The trash can near the LaZBoy recently got replaced with a small bookshelf, the bottom shelf of which holds my OGD BIB and one or two other things (currently Alberta Rye Dark Batch which I'm trying to use up and a VOB 100 proof w/o BIB on it that I'm testing for potability).

IMG_0474.thumb.JPG.b0394970742c950bf83c2297d713d275.JPGIMG_0476.thumb.JPG.3b26d5256a0a332f15791bcda4b2aba3.JPGIMG_0484.thumb.JPG.a6a5a69e379e8171155f7fa87bcc461d.JPG

Edited by Harry in WashDC
Had a bunch of ((( and ))) that meant nothing.
  • I like it 4

2 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

My stash is in parts.  Pictured are: opens in dining room 

Harry, love the wallpaper. You live in a museum? ;)

• I like it 2

Hmm. My stash seems to have grown while I wasn’t looking. In order:

1 - mostly opens on the shelf in the dining room bar and where I grab my drinks.  

2 - basement stash part 1

3 - basement stash part 2

4 - stashed in the cabinet under the open dining room shelves.

C5811D4F-D3F5-4F73-B722-615FCF50EA13.jpeg

7DAF15FB-72DF-4536-8D3A-DB623F8319FC.jpeg

8CEA6842-49F1-42D6-9DD6-16309261A8CF.jpeg

2D05C109-B4BC-4536-99A6-773289110A01.jpeg

• I like it 10

11 minutes ago, Charlutz said:

1 - mostly opens on the shelf in the dining room bar and where I grab my drinks.  

8CEA6842-49F1-42D6-9DD6-16309261A8CF.jpeg

That is what you call a well stocked bomb shelter. When the poop hits the fan it’s good to see you prepared. ;)

• I like it 2

12 minutes ago, Charlutz said:

C5811D4F-D3F5-4F73-B722-615FCF50EA13.jpeg

Your Clay Risen book (next to the basic BT) looks as beat up as mine does.  Circa 2017, I asked him (via email) if he was going to digitize it, and he said he was thinking about a revised edition.  I noticed that his "Single Malt: a Guide . . ." came out in October 2018 but so far no new bourbon book.

I don't keep a written inventory of what I have and where it is anymore; I love the thrill of discovery when I open a box or look under a low shelf.

• I like it 2

Without a rarefied place for display, and with youngin's in the house most of my stash is out of sight as well.  Stacks of boxes and a trunk for the open ones. 

Looking at buying a nice antique wood cabinet to change all that, though. 

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, Guss West said:

Without a rarefied place for display, and with youngin's in the house most of my stash is out of sight as well.  Stacks of boxes and a trunk for the open ones. 

Looking at buying a nice antique wood cabinet to change all that, though. 

My first liquor cabinet was a Philco console radio shell.  I cut the speaker slats out and screwed them to the cross pieces just above and below them so the pieces could be lifter out as a unit, put a plywood back on it, and installed movable shelves.  It looked sort of like this --

image.thumb.png.3cdaf5ad4761af0cf207924c3ef12941.pngimage.thumb.png.3cdaf5ad4761af0cf207924c3ef12941.png

On March 15, 2019 at 1:35 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

My stash is in parts.  Pictured are: opens in dining room behind a chair leg and under a butler's table holding liqueurs and open gin, etc., basement/furnace room bunker near slot machine (which, incidentally, I registered with the FBI and the DOJ per Federal law when I bought it in the 1970s), and utility/laundry room (with shelves 20 inches deep so there's bottles behind the bottles).  NOT pictured: "wine" boxes to the right of the Smirnoff box under a workbench, a wooden wine box to the left of the WT MK (partially visible with OF, Tom's Foolery, some Booker's, etc., standing upright and which has KCs to ITS left), a shelf above the slot machine, stuff behind the Tito's box which contains no Tito's, a few scattered bottles on upper shelves in the utility room above the light bar, and a cabinet holding liqueurs and nonwhiskeys (like rum, gin, etc.) in the living room.  The trash can near the LaZBoy recently got replaced with a small bookshelf, the bottom shelf of which holds my OGD BIB and one or two other things (currently Alberta Rye Dark Batch which I'm trying to use up and a VOB 100 proof w/o BIB on it that I'm testing for potability).

IMG_0474.thumb.JPG.b0394970742c950bf83c2297d713d275.JPGIMG_0476.thumb.JPG.3b26d5256a0a332f15791bcda4b2aba3.JPGIMG_0484.thumb.JPG.a6a5a69e379e8171155f7fa87bcc461d.JPG

What does it take to get one of those virgin bourbons? I've always wanted a bottle. Love your solid collection of good drinkers.

5 hours ago, Bbstout said:

What does it take to get one of those virgin bourbons? I've always wanted a bottle. Love your solid collection of good drinkers.

$15.99 at the Va ABC so come on down! :) 

13 hours ago, Bbstout said:

DCFan is correct.  I bought mine in VA near Fredericksburg.

16 hours ago, Bbstout said:

Alabama has em too (in case you have friends or family there).