Show Us Your Stash - Volume 5

Jfletchgu

Other un-opened offsite. 

Edited by Saul_cooperstein
Double / misspell

What does it take to get one of those virgin bourbons? I've always wanted a bottle. Love your solid collection of good drinkers.

You can find them in Mississippi now too.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a few that I pulled out of the bunker...the Barrell batch 10 and Sazerac are already gone...0331181755_HDR-1.thumb.jpg.96d1b356e203675430d5b573ea261646.jpg

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, Supercharger said:

EB812DBD-F2AA-445D-AF2E-C6C12B5393D7.jpeg

That shelf is gorgeous.  Very rustic.

• I like it 1

23 hours ago, Bret Bret said:

A fantastic cocktail requires fantastic mixers...

0331181246_HDR-1.jpg

What do you make with the Chartreuse?

7 hours ago, flahute said:

What do you make with the Chartreuse?

A splash goes a long way in a classic Manhattan or Old Fashion.  I think it also matches well with anything that you put fresh lemon juice, honey or ginger liqueur in. It adds a taste you won't find in other liqueurs. 

32 minutes ago, Bret Bret said:

It adds a taste you won't find in other liqueurs. 

Nice to see someone else enjoying green liqueurs... such an interesting range

8213A1D8-CDE8-4FFE-8412-E411421DCDDB.thumb.jpeg.2ce795e73ebaa2ffe2c2e888dfd39419.jpeg

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Nice to see someone else enjoying green liqueurs... such an interesting range

8213A1D8-CDE8-4FFE-8412-E411421DCDDB.thumb.jpeg.2ce795e73ebaa2ffe2c2e888dfd39419.jpeg

Malort!! Ha.  I don't see any Aperol. Something about that stuff that I really love in a bourbon-based cocktail.

Everyone has seen pictures of my stash, but . . . our son recently bought a house and moved enough furniture that we had been saving for him that it freed up space for me to add a bit more to the bar area.  I actually have some bar stools now.

BAR.thumb.jpeg.b496c8c34268092cb31e3706293c8896.jpeg

It's really coming together now.  The 3 pictures on the wall are from our trip to Castle & Key a couple of years ago.

• I like it 7

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what 2 years of collecting looks like. Looking for recommendations to round out my collection. Since this photo I picked up WT Revival, Willett Rye 4yr, Legent and Barrel Dovetail. Cheers!IMG_20190417_204831554_BURST001.jpeg

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, newmennium said:

Here's what 2 years of collecting looks like. Looking for recommendations to round out my collection. Since this photo I picked up WT Revival, Willett Rye 4yr, Legent and Barrel Dovetail. Cheers!IMG_20190417_204831554_BURST001.jpeg

If u can find redemption 10 year rye, i highly recommend it

• I like it 2

Here's what 2 years of collecting looks like. Looking for recommendations to round out my collection. Since this photo I picked up WT Revival, Willett Rye 4yr, Legent and Barrel Dovetail. Cheers!IMG_20190417_204831554_BURST001.thumb.jpeg.545f8d868ab5f9aa7ee2eaa4def0d5c7.jpeg

Some Beam products? Bakers would be my recommendation.

Thanks for the recommendation. Does it have a strong dill note?

Some Beam products? Bakers would be my recommendation.
I do have Booker's and Legent now. Was thinking about a 14.5 year Knob Creek pick next.
  • I like it 1

5 hours ago, newmennium said:

OGD BIB, WT101, Bowman Brothers and some bottom shelf stuff for mixers like JB and VOB BIB

• I like it 1

OGD BIB, WT101, Bowman Brothers and some bottom shelf stuff for mixers like JB and VOB BIB
I've got 101 hiding behind the Rare Breeds, though I do need backups ;)
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, newmennium said:
5 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Thanks for the recommendation. Does it have a strong dill note?

I didnt detect any dill. Just awesomeness

• I like it 1

Little over 70 opens (need to wean that down) plus some bunkered below (though no where near as impressive as those here) 

76360263-8440-4CB4-B042-D0B270AEDBA8.jpeg

• I like it 2

• 3 weeks later...

My wife decided that she wanted to move some furniture around and so I got to use the bookcases in my set up.  Here's what it looks like now.

STASH 2.jpeg

• I like it 6

I don't have a lot of space in my house, but we're doing some rearranging in the kitchen to accommodate a proper cabinet. Until then, borrowing some space in our "play" room / office / game room.

I've started a "bunker" on some shelves in my closet next to my safe, so I have more squirrelled away elsewhere...IMG_20190512_154208102.jpg

• I like it 2

Main “opens” shelf as of today. 

Its like a bad Tetris game. 

Finish a bottle, then try to pick a new one that fits in the opening.   Today I had to shoehorn the RHF in place.

And lesson learned, don’t drop a Blanton’s horse on your foot...

315BA26B-9681-41C8-85B9-2D409EF61CBC.jpeg

• I like it 5

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:46 AM, Bob_Loblaw said:

I’ve posted many times about my drinking shelf, but don’t think I’ve ever shown an actual photo. Top left are open bottles with my “4R experience” shelf below. Top right are various BA cocktails. The Fonseca box is full of sample bottles I pour off to help make room and get through bottles faster without having to drink em all. Rest is storage. There is one more shelf above that I have not expanded to yet. But otherwise am pretty close to capacity. 

And I confess to having a few boxes stored offsite in a basement. That consists mostly of my stash of EC12 bottles, a few OldFitz BiB handles, and some older label W107 and WSR which I think will make really cool gifts down the road4398393F-D884-4E6F-BD78-A2F5BC26E777.thumb.jpeg.dfe7baf6fdb612bd9c593684030219f8.jpeg

That's a beautiful stash.  I'll be happy to help you drink some of that any time.

• I like it 2