Show Us Your Stash - Volume 5

Jfletchgu

My stash is quite modest comparatively to some of the stashes you all have. 

Stash Circa May 2019.JPG

• I like it 7

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t have many people over. The fact I have 70+ bottle made me rethink buying more. I decided against deciding against. 

B5263E11-5E95-489B-ACFC-1B57C2C917EF.jpeg

• I like it 15

11 hours ago, Supercharger said:

I don’t have many people over. 

if you’re looking for friends...

?

• I like it 2

On 4/21/2019 at 3:22 PM, newmennium said:

Here's what 2 years of collecting looks like. Looking for recommendations to round out my collection. Since this photo I picked up WT Revival, Willett Rye 4yr, Legent and Barrel Dovetail. Cheers!

Pikesville Rye and Russell's Reserve 10yr small batch.

• I like it 2

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:00 PM, Supercharger said:

I don’t have many people over. The fact I have 70+ bottle made me rethink buying more. I decided against deciding against. 

That's a really nice barback.  I like the set up....and its contents. :)

• I like it 1

• 5 weeks later...

Cable guy is coming tomorrow and wife was cleaning out our downstairs closet, down to only 10 W12 in this bunker.
IMG_6917.jpg
IMG_6918.jpg
IMG_6919.jpg
IMG_6920.jpg

• I like it 1

34 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Cable guy is coming tomorrow and wife was cleaning out our downstairs closet, down to only 10 W12 in this bunker.

Oh,  c'mon man.  At least put the like bottles together.  You're killing my OCD.  :P

those SAOS boxes are the second best!

only an EH Taylor box will hold the tallest of bottles though.

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 4

Oh,  c'mon man.  At least put the like bottles together.  You're killing my OCD.  [emoji14]

those SAOS boxes are the second best!
only an EH Taylor box will hold the tallest of bottles though.

Ha it’s a one bottle at a time process and it just happens. That being said now that there all out I might organize.

22 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

IMG_6917.jpg
IMG_6918.jpg
IMG_6919.jpg
IMG_6920.jpg

WOW!   Yer haulin' out some pretty fine juice to serve to a 'cable guy'.    Whenever my cable guy comes out, he get's a short pour of whatever I have by my easy chair... take it or leave it.   ...And, no seconds!

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

WOW!   Yer haulin' out some pretty fine juice to serve to a 'cable guy'.    Whenever my cable guy comes out, he get's a short pour of whatever I have by my easy chair... take it or leave it.   ...And, no seconds!

I bet HoustonNit gets free HBO.

• I like it 5

Ha yeah, that being said the last time I had a cable guy over they did eat most these nice brownies my neighbor made.
  • I like it 1

Taken for a local FB group

#closetdrinkerIMG_20190628_153054289.thumb.jpg.f5bab9e9c61483d0698e92c792023c10.jpg

I would turn those Knobb Creek bottles upright rather laying down .

You don’t want to get bad cork opening.
  • I like it 1

On 6/28/2019 at 9:21 PM, jwperry said:

Taken for a local FB group

#closetdrinkerIMG_20190628_153054289.jpg

I've read people say the screw top Weller can leak, just a heads up. 

@BigPapa @JCwhammie

The KC fell over when moving it for the pic. They're all upright in the box and that one actually went to my "bar" to be opened. 

I check all the screw tops on the regular, I don't want my closet smelling like booze. I've had un-opened screw tops leak when I've left them in the car, subjected to high temps, but not when in my temperature controlled house. The Weller was added just before the picture, it was picked up last Friday. (never actually seen it on a shelf, in a store in FL!)

Thanks for the advice, it does bear repeating for folks who don't know. 

• I like it 2

The Double-A stash.  
image.thumb.jpeg.e26b44aafe62698233e99b5a6e926220.jpeg

Wow very nice. I’m guessing those W12 and a lot of the others are ones you picked up in your Houston days.
  • I like it 1

• 3 weeks later...

Moved into the new house 6 months ago.   Finally got the whiskey out of storage 

The open bar bottles

20190722_190000.jpg

The stored bottles

20190722_191419.jpg

Edited by skidfive
  • I like it 8

That's a nice collection.  You have some dusties and some more modern hard to find items.

I finally have the cabinets completed in the “man-cave.” The bottom shelves are full too, but I didn’t open them for the picture. I still have my downstairs bar, the bathroom cabinet and the bedroom closet bunkers. The downstairs bar and man-cave cabinets don’t have the same bottles. The man-cave generally has more of the older, premium and LE stuff, but I still have some of the most expensive stuff in the closet bunker along with backup bottles and stuff that I still don’t have room for elsewhere.

IMG_6345.jpg

• I like it 18

3 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

IMG_6345.jpg

Looks amazing, not to mention ridiculously impressive! Very kool set up!

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

I finally have the cabinets completed in the “man-cave.” The bottom shelves are full too, but I didn’t open them for the picture. I still have my downstairs bar, the bathroom cabinet and the bedroom closet bunkers. The downstairs bar and man-cave cabinets don’t have the same bottles. The man-cave generally has more of the older, premium and LE stuff, but I still have some of the most expensive stuff in the closet bunker along with backup bottles and stuff that I still don’t have room for elsewhere.

IMG_6345.jpg

Way to raise the bar. I bet you cant wait to get home every night. Wow!

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

IMG_6345.jpg

The decanters up top look very nice. 

Impressive display. 

Nice work. 

• I like it 2

Looks amazing, not to mention ridiculously impressive! Very kool set up!

Way to raise the bar. I bet you cant wait to get home every night. Wow!

The decanters up top look very nice. 
Impressive display. 
Nice work. 

Thanks for the comments guys! This has been a project that has kept me busy off and on for quite some time, but I am pretty happy with the final results.
  • I like it 1