Show Us Your Stash - Volume 5

Jfletchgu

33 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

@Marekv8 we all envy and don’t envy you at this particular time. Wow good luck.

Thanks-- the sheer weight of the bottles is going to be the problem. Going to be quite a few back-and-forth trips.

28 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Thanks-- the sheer weight of the bottles is going to be the problem. Going to be quite a few back-and-forth trips.

Ok.  You win.  There’s no point in this thread anymore.

seriously.  Best collection I’ve ever seen.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Dave, I don’t envy you having to move all of that, but Wow...what an incredible collection!

Yeah, wait 'til I show these pics to SWMBO - "see honey, my mess in the Man Cave ain't that bad, no?"  

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Packing this crap up for the dreaded move starts tomorrow, so I figured I'd document the current set-up for posterity. The goal is to get everything in one secure room, including the bar (not pictured)-- and in one piece.

My hero...

11 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

As a former truck driver, I can confirm.  You might want to look into renting a box truck or cargo type van, but I can't imagine you'd get more than one or two levels of height across the floor before it gets pretty heavy.

If you ever look inside the distributor trucks on delivery day, you'll notice they aren't hauling all that much in qty.

Reminds me of a funny story about how in order to save money at my wedding, I bought all the booze myself and hauled it to the venue.  Filled up the whole trunk of my small sedan and the rear suspension was sitting pretty low.  It was also pretty squirrely to drive on the highway.

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, 0895 said:

As a former truck driver, I can confirm.  You might want to look into renting a box truck or cargo type van, but I can't imagine you'd get more than one or two levels of height across the floor before it gets pretty heavy.

If you ever look inside the distributor trucks on delivery day, you'll notice they aren't hauling all that much in qty.

Reminds me of a funny story about how in order to save money at my wedding, I bought all the booze myself and hauled it to the venue.  Filled up the whole trunk of my small sedan and the rear suspension was sitting pretty low.  It was also pretty squirrely to drive on the highway.

I've got the transportation already set-- it's a 1971 Kombi with commercial grade suspension and Konis-- although my plans are to roll with only one layer of cases at a time, mainly for bottle safety.

DSC05271.JPG.2c379adc492e9d9ba88ed2f3a95a50c5.JPG

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

I've got the transportation already set-- it's a 1971 Kombi with commercial grade suspension and Konis-- although my plans are to roll with only one layer of cases at a time, mainly for bottle safety.

DSC05271.JPG.2c379adc492e9d9ba88ed2f3a95a50c5.JPG

need help?

Once the bottles are done, we’ll need to move the cars!

?

Best of luck on the move Dave.

Show us some pictures of the new set up when you're done. ?

A lot of that stuff, I don't even know what it is.  I have some questions, but don't want to bother, since I know you'll be so busy.

8 hours ago, PaulO said:

Best of luck on the move Dave.

Show us some pictures of the new set up when you're done. ?

A lot of that stuff, I don't even know what it is.  I have some questions, but don't want to bother, since I know you'll be so busy.

Thank you— it’s slated to be a two month process, so feel free to ask away.

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

Whew!   Glad to hear this isn't gonna be accomplished in a hasty way.   

Best Luck in the entire process, my friend.   Agree with PaulO; post pics once the dust has settled... and mainly once you're settled!

On 10/12/2019 at 7:43 AM, Marekv8 said:

I can always make the sacrifice and come over and help you reduce the number of bottles that need to be moved. Heck, I can probably bring a few volunteers from Georgia who would also be willing to make this sacrifice...

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

I can always make the sacrifice and come over and help you reduce the number of bottles that need to be moved. Heck, I can probably bring a few volunteers from Georgia who would also be willing to make this sacrifice...

Rumor has it Troyce is already on his way and that he didn't even ask smokinjoe to join him. I was afraid his steady diet of JBW was going to cause him to do drastic things

• I like it 1

Well Marekv8 is a tough act to follow, but I finally got most of my collection displayed, so I thought I would post it. This is my bourbon and American rye, except for a few mixers I have open in our bar and bourbons bought by the case (ER 10, McKenna 10, Virgin 7, VOB BiB, BT, WT101):

image.thumb.jpeg.2ce99390288f4eabcc9b67de79b4f231.jpeg

• I like it 18

10 hours ago, Jazz June said:

Well Marekv8 is a tough act to follow, but I finally got most of my collection displayed, so I thought I would post it. This is my bourbon and American rye, except for a few mixers I have open in our bar and bourbons bought by the case (ER 10, McKenna 10, Virgin 7, VOB BiB, BT, WT101?

Some solid pours on them-there shelves, JJ!   Good on ya'!!!

• I like it 2

• 3 weeks later...

Had to pull everything out to figure out what size real furniture I need to store it all...with a little room for expansion. Looking like I'll need since for about 200 bottles right now.

Hopefully soon I can upgrade from liquor store card board boxes on the floor in my closet. IMG_20191030_090330828.jpgIMG_20191030_090343470.jpgIMG_20191030_090420338.jpg

• I like it 1

Had to pull everything out to figure out what size real furniture I need to store it all...with a little room for expansion. Looking like I'll need since for about 200 bottles right now.

Hopefully soon I can upgrade from liquor store card board boxes on the floor in my closet. IMG_20191030_090330828.thumb.jpg.b857fda440f945d10b65f00d564f1e36.jpgIMG_20191030_090343470.thumb.jpg.0dd9815ba1806692bd195626b6fad9ea.jpgIMG_20191030_090420338.thumb.jpg.13372c8cb001686e9c436d3d490dc7a7.jpg

Wow site is back!

Was going to say based off first picture you obviously don’t have kids or live in an Earthquake prone locale.

Some good stuff here.

Wow site is back!

Was going to say based off first picture you obviously don’t have kids or live in an Earthquake prone locale.

Some good stuff here.
Oh, definitely have little kids. I just had them out to count them and visualize an approximate volume I need to store. This pic is how they're normally stored.

*Here I thought it was just me having issues logging in. Was worried I got banned for some reason [emoji23]IMG_20191030_100942_01.jpg

The ONLY stash I need:

Blanton's Stash.jpg

Dining room stash of Blanton's on top of a Blanton's barrelhead with all eight (8) Blanton's Gold tops over the Riedel Veritas, Baccarat, and Christmas Tree Shops wine/champagne glasses.  L&K pick regular, UK export Gold, and 122.6pf SFTB.  Going down waaay too fast.    ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 7

On 10/14/2019 at 9:18 PM, Jazz June said:

Well Marekv8 is a tough act to follow, but I finally got most of my collection displayed, so I thought I would post it. This is my bourbon and American rye, except for a few mixers I have open in our bar and bourbons bought by the case (ER 10, McKenna 10, Virgin 7, VOB BiB, BT, WT101?

Now there's a couple bottom shelves I could happily drink from !

• I like it 3

11 hours ago, GeeTen said:

The ONLY stash I need:

Dining room stash of Blanton's on top of a Blanton's barrelhead with all eight (8) Blanton's Gold tops over the Riedel Veritas, Baccarat, and Christmas Tree Shops wine/champagne glasses.  L&K pick regular, UK export Gold, and 122.6pf SFTB.  Going down waaay too fast.    ?

Hah, funny you post that; just today I finally added this to my home office.  (We all have a little tater in us!)

IMG_20191103_1606292.thumb.jpg.1619731c790632c1d89674ee84549dee.jpgIMG_20191103_1746302.thumb.jpg.e9ac9395aa88d6509a09ef164a0c6026.jpg

Edited by dcbt
  • I like it 5

Way kewl - but I'd need a ladder to reach that puppy.  Guess I'd do more work then, eh?  Nice job.   ?

Admin's if this thread is inappropriate it, please feel free to delete it.  I have no affiliation with World Market but I'm always looking for whiskey storage solutions so I thought I'd pass this along to others who may be in the same boat as me....

For anyone in the market for some shelving units, Worldmaket.com has a 40% off furniture sale going on right now.  I own a couple of their Emerson shelving units which can hold about 180-200 bottles (if crammed in) and I just ordered their "Barn Door" book case for additional whiskey storage.  I have no idea how much I can fit on the barn door unit or how sturdy its going to be but I'm in need of more storage and I've seen other people use it for whiskey storage.

Link to the Emerson: https://www.worldmarket.com/product/emerson-bookshelf-with-step.do?_br_psugg_q=emerson+shelving

Link to the Barn Door: https://www.worldmarket.com/product/emerson-bookshelf-with-step.do?_br_psugg_q=emerson+shelving

I know this isn't a "show us your stash" post really, but I thought people may find it useful.  I posted a picture of one of my Emerson shelves in use in this thread back on July 26th and here are a couple of photos of the Barn Door unit

This is not my stash....just showing how others have used it

barndoor2.thumb.jpg.d9615ff9cbfb5efde818c0d0849d023c.jpgbarndoor1.thumb.jpg.5b022946b2610ea41070737d8b1d40a4.jpg

Edited by ThirstyinOhio
  • I like it 7

3 hours ago, ThirstyinOhio said:

Admin's if this thread is inappropriate it, please feel free to delete it.  I have no affiliation with World Market but I'm always looking for whiskey storage solutions so I thought I'd pass this along to others who may be in the same boat as me....

For anyone in the market for some shelving units, Worldmaket.com has a 40% off furniture sale going on right now.  I own a couple of their Emerson shelving units which can hold about 180-200 bottles (if crammed in) and I just ordered their "Barn Door" book case for additional whiskey storage.  I have no idea how much I can fit on the barn door unit or how sturdy its going to be but I'm in need of more storage and I've seen other people use it for whiskey storage.

Link to the Emerson: https://www.worldmarket.com/product/emerson-bookshelf-with-step.do?_br_psugg_q=emerson+shelving

Link to the Barn Door: https://www.worldmarket.com/product/emerson-bookshelf-with-step.do?_br_psugg_q=emerson+shelving

I know this isn't a "show us your stash" post really, but I thought people may find it useful.  I posted a picture of one of my Emerson shelves in use in this thread back on July 26th and here are a couple of photos of the Barn Door unit

This is not my stash....just showing how others have used it

barndoor2.thumb.jpg.d9615ff9cbfb5efde818c0d0849d023c.jpgbarndoor1.thumb.jpg.5b022946b2610ea41070737d8b1d40a4.jpg

That is beautiful.  Love the barn-style doors.

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2019 at 10:18 PM, Jazz June said:

Just got around to seeing this.  Nice set up.  Is the OESF the last one you're looking for>

• I like it 1