Show Us Your Stash - Volume 5

Jfletchgu

23 minutes ago, WhiskeyProposition said:

lol....man there's no hiding it, might as well present it. 

I have yet to get into it. I hear it's not bad for the price. 

It’s pretty good at any price imho. Also difficult to find in these parts. I’m actually on my way to pick up one for $16 :) …among other things. Pics tonight. 

19 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

I thought we agreed on this.  we are curating to our particular taste profiles, not collecting. :)

6 of one,

half dozen the other.

🙃

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven’t unpacked from moving back home, the wife made me consolidate my whiskey boxes and their contents. I took the opportunity to give all the bottles a wipe down, inventory, and pose for some belated family Christmas pictures. I only have the two because you know how it is with big group family pictures….. like trying to herd cats 😆 

most of my oddball open bottles and smaller brand collections (mainly willet) didn’t make it as well.  Everything got repacked, neater and more organized than I had originally.  We’re planning on remodeling and buying some sort of lockable liquor/display cabinet (teenagers/thirsty wife 😐)

945BCDBC-80C4-4357-B75C-C1181788020D.jpeg

7EF1EFF8-E428-4C04-82B4-2B56B0395CB2.jpeg

Edited by TehRegion219
  • I like it 12

One time someone here posted a photo of a lockable bar with a lot of storage space, made by the Lazy Boy furniture company.

Myself, I resorted to changing the door knob on one of the closets with an exterior entry type knob.  Only I have a key.

• I like it 2

49 minutes ago, PaulO said:

One time someone here posted a photo of a lockable bar with a lot of storage space, made by the Lazy Boy furniture company.

Myself, I resorted to changing the door knob on one of the closets with an exterior entry type knob.  Only I have a key.

We want pics!

• I like it 1

On 1/14/2022 at 9:39 PM, TehRegion219 said:

Still haven’t unpacked from moving back home, the wife made me consolidate my whiskey boxes and their contents. I took the opportunity to give all the bottles a wipe down, inventory, and pose for some belated family Christmas pictures. I only have the two because you know how it is with big group family pictures….. like trying to herd cats 😆 

most of my oddball open bottles and smaller brand collections (mainly willet) didn’t make it as well.  Everything got repacked, neater and more organized than I had originally.  We’re planning on remodeling and buying some sort of lockable liquor/display cabinet (teenagers/thirsty wife 😐)

945BCDBC-80C4-4357-B75C-C1181788020D.jpeg

We have another Weller Whore in our midst! :ph34r:

• I like it 9

15 hours ago, Kepler said:

5 hours ago, LCWoody said:

When I saw the 1st pic I thought it was Joe....

“Thank you sir. May I have another?” 😋

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

On 1/16/2022 at 1:28 AM, Kepler said:

Yeah but Joe was a Weller whore before being a Weller whore was cool.

• I like it 6

10 hours ago, Quiganomics said:

Some of the stash....

20220114_133229.jpg

I love those shelves (bourbon ain't bad either).  Did you make them yourself?

4 hours ago, BigRich said:

I love those shelves (bourbon ain't bad either).  Did you make them yourself?

I did. Just took a weed burner and charred some 2x6 pine boards. Between the wood and black pipe, I think I have less that $50 and an hour of time into them.

19 hours ago, Quiganomics said:

Some of the stash....

20220114_133229.jpg

Very nice,  good to see the progress made on so many of those open bottles.

Welcome to the board!

Edited by Jazzhead

15 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

Very nice,  good to see the progress made on so many of those open bottles.

Welcome to the board!

Yeah, all but three (ECBP C921, Garrison Brothers SiB, and Larceny BP) are opened. I buy them to drink not to look at. 😉

• I like it 7

On 1/14/2022 at 9:39 PM, TehRegion219 said:

Still haven’t unpacked from moving back home,

Not sure, but I seem to remember you were away from home for work. Is that correct?  I’m getting old and have CRS disease. 🙄

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got around to taking pictures for this thread after a little prodding in another thread.  Here’s the various liquors I have scattered at our house accumulated over the last 10 years or so.  Most things are primarily held in the whisk(e)y bookshelves, but also some scattered on a buffet and liquor globe in our dining room.  I enjoy all whiskies so it’s a mix of Scotch, Irish, Japanese, and American whiskies. I seem to go through phases depending on mood but enjoy comparing and contrasting. Also, any of the bottles is fair game when company is over though sucks the last two years we didn't have as many large gatherings (as well as reduction in work dinners).  A newborn didn't help matters either. 

According to the app I use to track my liquor and wine, 73 of the bottles are currently open but hopefully more bottle kills in the near future!

IMG_2377.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

• I like it 17

2 hours ago, apt43bear said:

I finally got around to taking pictures for this thread after a little prodding in another thread.  Here’s the various liquors I have scattered at our house accumulated over the last 10 years or so.  Most things are primarily held in the whisk(e)y bookshelves, but also some scattered on a buffet and liquor globe in our dining room.  I enjoy all whiskies so it’s a mix of Scotch, Irish, Japanese, and American whiskies. I seem to go through phases depending on mood but enjoy comparing and contrasting. Also, any of the bottles is fair game when company is over though sucks the last two years we didn't have as many large gatherings (as well as reduction in work dinners).  A newborn didn't help matters either. 

According to the app I use to track my liquor and wine, 73 of the bottles are currently open but hopefully more bottle kills in the near future!

IMG_2377.jpg

That looks amazing

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, apt43bear said:

IMG_2377.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

Soooo whisky tasting at apt43bear's house this weekend? Everyone is invited. 😋

• I like it 2

On 2/7/2022 at 8:59 PM, apt43bear said:

IMG_2377.jpg

Beautiful shelf of Redbreast. 

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, mal00768 said:

Soooo whisky tasting at apt43bear's house this weekend? Everyone is invited. 😋

Hahaha. If around Southern California area, I’m always down to meet up for some whiskey shares! Well, let me rephrase that “prior to the newborn, I was always down.” Haha but now, I’m still down but contingent on how the little one’s week was and my wife’s level of tiredness haha. 

2 hours ago, dad-proof said:

Beautiful shelf of Redbreast. 

I love Redbreast, especially the 12 yr and 12 yr cask stregth (crossing my fingers it never goes away but with their new non aged stated cask strength, I’m scared ). Might be my answer these days whenever I get the “what’s your go to whiskey?” question.  

• I like it 1

On 1/21/2022 at 11:26 AM, fishnbowljoe said:

Not sure, but I seem to remember you were away from home for work. Is that correct?  I’m getting old and have CRS disease. 🙄

Biba! Joe

you are corrrect sir. I'm now working in Hoffman Estates/ near mid evil times

• I like it 1