Christie's Auction: Pre-Prohibition and Prohibition Era Whiskies

Conquistador
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet. I did a quick query on the SB.com search function, and didn't see any posts about this. Check out the photo at the top of the linked page, showing the Hancock Park family residence hidden whiskey cellar. Now that's what I call a bunker! Apparently, this was hidden away in a secret room behind a bookcase.

https://www.christies.com/features/Rare-and-pre-Prohibition-Bourbon-A-collecting-guide-8526-1.aspx#

Too bad Christie's got it wrong by stating that this was all Pre-Prohibition liquor, but some of the items are medicinal/prescription liquor, bottled during Prohibition (making it Prohibition Era spirits). Still, a lot of interesting items here, with a bunch of unfamiliar (to me) brands, besides the Beam, Old Taylor, Old Crow, etc. Just passing this information along, for anyone curious to see some old labels/bottles, or for those with deep enough pockets to partake in the auction. It looks like the auction kicks off on December 7, 2018.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.