What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2018)?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

26 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

That store pick shop looks familiar...Ocean Springs?

Yesssir :)

Yesssir [emoji4]

That’s a nice shop. I stopped by about a year ago to check it out. I lived in Ocean Springs when I was in elementary and middle school, but we moved to Stone County in 1973. My parents and sisters still live in the area so I occasionally check out liquor stores when I’m visiting family and friends.
  • I like it 1

22 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

That’s a nice shop. I stopped by about a year ago to check it out. I lived in Ocean Springs when I was in elementary and middle school, but we moved to Stone County in 1973. My parents and sisters still live in the area so I occasionally check out liquor stores when I’m visiting family and friends.

Yeah it’s a nice place.  He’s pretty good with his store picks.  I’m down there for business almost once a month so I stop in while I’m down there.  Cool town. 

• I like it 1

Starting the night with one of my all time favorite 86p bourbons. Next to EWSB (2003 and earlier) this was one of my favorite low proof bourbons, 12y Johnny Drum. Lots of flavor. 

C466EFD6-9598-4FD0-A865-355F8F4D6BB4.thumb.jpeg.e75aca3b2c2913a7a18ee71c7189b687.jpeg

• I like it 1

Weller Wednesday. Lots of times this comes of bland but sometimes it’s just vanilla, chocolatey goodness.

IMG_5876.JPG

Starting the night with one of my all time favorite 86p bourbons. Next to EWSB (2003 and earlier) this was one of my favorite low proof bourbons, 12y Johnny Drum. Lots of flavor. 
C466EFD6-9598-4FD0-A865-355F8F4D6BB4.thumb.jpeg.e75aca3b2c2913a7a18ee71c7189b687.jpeg

How long has it been since these 12years disappeared.

1 minute ago, HoustonNit said:

I think the last bottles I bought where in 2011, sitting on the shelf, but I'm sure it was earlier then that. I would say around 2007 maybe earlier. 

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

How long until everything is NAS?

• I like it 1

I got together with 3 buddies for bourbon and cigars. It was my first run in with RHF, and I gotta say I'm a fan. I took the 4R SiB, which is always great with a stogie. 

20181219_164805.jpg

• I like it 1

Got Dominican Christmas candy canes in the mail today. Figured I’d light one up and bring out some spicy bourbon to compliment it.

Some 4R OESK PS and some Thursday Turkey.

IMG_5879.JPG

See you folks in the, “So, Whatcha Smokin?”, thread.

• I like it 1

The last work day before the Christmas break, particularly when that day is a Friday, is always an early starting day.  Been Buffalo Trace for the entirety.

• I like it 1

1792 kinda night. Started with some BIB store picks. Wasn’t sure what to think. Then move onto the 1792 high rye now that hit the spot. One of my all time favorite ryes. I’m thinking Angels envy rye next which is like drinking a delicious rum.

Had some coworkers/buddies over for some bourbon tonight. The OWA pick, the ETL, and the ECBP seemed to be the favorites. Personally, I enjoy all 6 of the selections.

IMG_0394.jpg

To welcome in winter officially here in NH with a wonderful rainy, 63 degree day. I started with some old EC12 Single Barrel that is almost empty. From there, I moved onto a nice pour of a new bottling of Knob Creek Single Barrel from the Loch & K(e)y Society. This is a fantastic 14yr 4mth selection that has a very long finish. After the kids were down for bed, the night cap was another LK selection, this time from Wild Turkey and RRSB. I finished off another bottle of this barrel pick a few months ago and it tasted different than I remember it. Hoping it will open up more with some air. Either way, looking forward to the extra long weekend with multiple pours each day. Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Ok I guess it's officially winter now so we can put the Fall thread to bed.

1792 FP PS is a decent place to start the weekend.

On 12/19/2018 at 5:53 PM, HoustonNit said:

Maybe more like a Wild Wednesday.

IMG_5877.JPG

Might try this one if it's around. How is it? Anything similar to it?

It’s really good, great example of that classic WT profile. Definitely has grown on me since opening.

After a week of not being able to have a pour, I settled in with a couple of nice pours after getting home late last night.   Don’ t everyone faint. It wasn’t a Weller. :o I had a bottle of BT open that only had a couple of pours left in it, so that's what I decided to pour. It tasted absolutely wonderful. And yes, that bottle is now empty. :P

Biba! Joe

Some Old Charter from a plastic cup, at the craps table last night in Louisiana. The sting of the bourbon took off the sting from all the seven outs.

Remus Repeal Reserve, Batch 2 at 100 proof. I haven't had batch 1, but this batch 2 is pretty nice. I am a sucker for some good MGP.

What did you guys call it Wild Weller? It’s pretty good. Using to make a batch of bourbon balls, first time hope they come out right.

IMG_5887.JPG

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.