What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2018)?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

5 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Well kinda Nancy. :unsure: I just made more of my 2018 Blend. 

Biba! Joe

Well, even so, as you now know from experience, the extra months to "mellow out" are of great benefit to the final blend! ? 

As many others on here. Continuing to work towards a smaller bunker. 

Store pick JDSiBBP over a large cube to start. This bottle not nearly as good as the last one that came with crazy amounts of brown sugar. 

Now onto some WT101. Good stuff

19 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Well kinda Nancy. :unsure: I just made more of my 2018 Blend. 

12 minutes ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

Well, even so, as you now know from experience, the extra months to "mellow out" are of great benefit to the final blend! ? 

The only problem Nancy, is that if Joe doesn't give the bottle to his lovely wife so she can hide it from him, there might not be anything left to make the trip to Bardstown in April. :D

• I like it 3

The only problem Nancy, is that if Joe doesn't give the bottle to his lovely wife so she can hide it from him, there might not be anything left to make the trip to Bardstown in April. [emoji3]

LOL! [emoji23]

39 minutes ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

22 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

The only problem Nancy, is that if Joe doesn't give the bottle to his lovely wife so she can hide it from him, there might not be anything left to make the trip to Bardstown in April. :D

18 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

LOL! emoji23.png

Nah na na na nah!  :P

b2.jpeg

• I like it 2

43 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

He he he......I love it! 

Watching some Predators hockey so I went with a Nashville distillery...it seemed fitting.

20190117_204104.jpg

Edited by Jfletchgu
  • I like it 2

22 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

I like your highball looking glass. Also is that a scratched out TABC sticker on your BT bottle?

Yes, its a bottle I use to mix 

Nah na na na nah!  [emoji14]
b2.jpeg.1f47ae8ec133d2116e00f288bb9d2788.jpeg

Joe you may be the self proclaimed Weller whore but you also just seem to be a huge fan of all BT products. I spy a sample of SFTB the right of your squat bottle of ORVW.

I’d live to hear your thoughts on that one.
  • I like it 1

In my never ending quest to stay healthy I decided to have my wheat(ies) last night.  Started with a healthy pour of Larceny and followed that with a WFE Cask Strength wheated bourbon.

12 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

Watching some Predators hockey so I went with a Nashville distillery...it seemed fitting.

How is that batch 13?  I'm loving batch 6 and my LS recently got in some batch 13 so I'm tempted...

6 hours ago, fosmith said:

How is that batch 13?  I'm loving batch 6 and my LS recently got in some batch 13 so I'm tempted...

First pour I had in a glencairn I thought crap this bottle sucks, but my most recent pour in a rocks style glass really seemed to smooth out the edges, and open the flavors up a lot and I enjoyed it. Very similar to how Stagg Jr seems to get better as I make my way through the bottle. Weird how that works.

FR PS OBSF 10Y 6M.  Chasing RR 10 YO Rye.   Bring on the weather, I’m ready...

The cult has me.  Cover your heart Indy!!!   Too late!  OBSF is quickly rising to challenge OBSK and OBSQ as my most frequent pour.  

Finished off a bottle of 4R’s tonight (one of my favorites, and not just because I helped pick it) and cooking some supper on the pit. Not a bad afternoon.....

068277F2-B1AE-4E43-BAFC-6C1463AE90C6.thumb.jpeg.4c958312facaebb37bc3514217a714df.jpeg16DF25E5-2177-4257-B0EC-EB220813902A.thumb.jpeg.d30e256939aba6d956d1b6f8596b0f4a.jpeg

• I like it 5

Been a long week. Wanted something  easy so I went with a Basil Hayden. Went well with a piece of the PVW Bourbon Candy that my wife gave me for Christmas. 

I’m working through some samples GaryT was nice enough to share. First up is Bookers 30th. I’m not that it is worth the coin but it’s damn nice.

Opened a HHBIB 6yr and enjoying out front with another Gurkha.  This is my usual “fridge bourbon”, but the cool night air is naturally fridging...  :D

C667AAD0-D68C-4605-B0BF-C8F4E56FE943.jpeg

Inspired by the blending thread, I took a PS Eagle Rare that was all cinnamon and wood tannin, and blended in roughly equal parts PS Bufallo Trace and Stagg Jr. Batch 9. Let is sit in the glass about 30 minutes covered with a coaster before tasting. I'm happy.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.