What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2018)?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked these 2 up this evening.. RR10 was discounted a whole $5.. Still $34.99 here. The WT line to me is arguably unparalleled in flavor.. That said, I simply love the color and hue particularly of Rare Breed and RR 10.. The 101 and I are going at it now! :) Cheers!

D4739412-FEE2-4D52-9720-929233CC7387.jpeg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, afmadd said:

Is the 2019 out yet or is this 2018?

Based on the distillation date I believe that's a 2016. 

I find this particularly bold and well balanced… from initial delivery through the finish.

IMG_0595.thumb.jpg.95ddedfd89053f768a855c3887a96cff.jpg

• I like it 4

Keeping with the B-F theme-- a nice nightcap 50/50 combo of the WR Double Oaked and Rye… excellent.

IMG_0597.thumb.jpg.9de8e18551a70ab1e82fe8d7e5cdd020.jpg

12 hours ago, jodytek said:

PVW10, KCDBR

IMG_4212.jpg

The W12 and ETL are not unreasonable but everything else seems overpriced to me. 

• I like it 3

Rainy afternoon cancelled our vacation plans to take the kids horseback riding and fishing, so it’s a cabin day playing board games and relaxing.

IMG_0909.jpg

• I like it 2

17 hours ago, jodytek said:

PVW10, KCDBR

IMG_4212.jpg

Those are cheap prices compared to our local whiskey gouger..... I mean restaurant. They offer a PVW Flight for $250 which is only a 1/2oz pour each of 12yr, 20yr, and 23yr.  If you just want a 1.5oz pour of 23yr it's also $250.  

20 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Based on the distillation date I believe that's a 2016. 

Of course, thanks for pointing that out.

4 hours ago, NDN98 said:

Rainy afternoon cancelled our vacation plans to take the kids horseback riding and fishing, so it’s a cabin day playing board games and relaxing.

IMG_0909.jpg

So, how'd the kids like the 1910?

• I like it 3

4 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

So, how'd the kids like the 1910?

LOL.  They didn't get to partake in the 1910, but they made the best of it playing board games with us and reading.  I even got a nap, which was a plus.

11 minutes ago, NDN98 said:

LOL.  They didn't get to partake in the 1910, but they made the best of it playing board games with us and reading.  I even got a nap, which was a plus.

It's great to be able to spend quality time with your kids, enjoy them while you can. My wife and I will have our grandkids all of next week and I can't wait!

Back on topic, some BT from last years Friends of the Trace bottling.

• I like it 1

Back on topic, some BT from last years Friends of the Trace bottling.

Was that one worth our little road trip to pick it up?

1 minute ago, lcpfratn said:

Was that one worth our little road trip to pick it up?

I'd like to say it was very much worth it, but in all honesty, it's a nice but nothing special bottle

• I like it 1

On 3/9/2019 at 7:08 AM, GeeTen said:

Huh, what a great idea.  One of my favorites!   ☺️

ECBPs.jpg

Old pic, need to update . . . . . . . . 

You want the one you gave me back?  Not a chance, Bud.:D

• I like it 1

I put my Mad Scientist hat on tonight and experimented with a concoction of an almost empty bottle mixed with WT 101. I had the remnants of Evan Black that I normally use for mixing cocktails, but do enjoy neat and/or rocks on occasion.. Mixed approx 50/50 neat and was pleasantly surprised! Although I enjoy the heat of the WT101, the EWB cut down the heat of course and added an undescribable “sweetness” to it as well.. Not sure it’s something I’ll make a habit of, but was kind of fun dabbling with.. 

• I like it 4

Spent the last two days sipping hot toddys every few hours made with Ancient Age 10 star with some theraflu mix thrown in trying to ease whatever virus I got thats giving me this vicious sore throat. Sorry for the buzz kill. On a positive note my wife is sick as well (that's not the positive part), and I finally got her to drink bourbon (that's the positive part) via her own hot toddy.

20190314_172145.jpg

Edited by Jfletchgu

^ I keep a bottle of bourbon on hand that I steep with some cinnamon sticks, cloves, and allspice for a couple weeks before straining. It’s horrible on its own but makes a great addition to Theraflu or apple cider.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:14 AM, Marekv8 said:

I find this particularly bold and well balanced… from initial delivery through the finish.

IMG_0595.thumb.jpg.95ddedfd89053f768a855c3887a96cff.jpg

Passing through BR tomorrow. Anything I need to look for at Calandro's or elsewhere???

Edited by bayouredd

After some crazy weather around here today and passing up the local CYPB lottery madness.

46466573725_eda8a8dd27_c.jpg

1920... I'm not sure if this is an enjoyment as much as a necessity. Tonight I'm getting chocolate bubblegum. Nice!!!

Starting of the evening with the last pour from a PS ER

Biba! Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.