What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2018)?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

18 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Starting of the evening with the last pour from a PS ER

Biba! Joe

Since there wasn't much ER left, my second pour was EW BIB. I have to post a couple of pics here. Quite a number of years ago, I bought a 1.75 of Jack Daniels with a cradle. The bottle/cradle has been languishing on my shelf for some time now just taking up room. This past weekend when I cleaned things up and did an inventory, I tried something. The remainder of the handle of JD is now relegated to the bottom shelf of my cabinet, and my 1.75 of EW BIB is now ensconced in the JD cradle. Ahh, it's the little victories that make me smile. :D 

Biba! Joe

cradle1.jpeg

cradle2.jpeg

• I like it 1

As I’ve stated in another thread...  Best wheater under $40 out there IMO. 

336F6D8B-4AFD-446B-9233-7EBB290AD8BC.jpeg

• I like it 3

Since there wasn't much ER left, my second pour was EW BIB. I have to post a couple of pics here. Quite a number of years ago, I bought a 1.75 of Jack Daniels with a cradle. The bottle/cradle has been languishing on my shelf for some time now just taking up room. This past weekend when I cleaned things up and did an inventory, I tried something. The remainder of the handle of JD is now relegated to the bottom shelf of my cabinet, and my 1.75 of EW BIB is now ensconced in the JD cradle. Ahh, it's the little victories that make me smile. [emoji3] 

Biba! Joe

cradle1.jpeg.4fc5ef765ef798dc8b38076c67c8c6b7.jpeg

cradle2.jpeg.9fc033c694db467aa206ecbbf9d10cab.jpeg

Ha this is awesome, love it. My 4 year old watches a show called Paw Patrol, if you don’t know what it is consider yourself lucky. There are various puppies one is a police dog, a fireman dog, construction dog etc. Theres a environmentally friendly, mechanical dog who drives a garbage truck looking vehicle. His catchphrase is, “don’t lose it, reuse it”. This catchphrase came to mind as soon as I saw your post.

Good Thursday......I'm hanging out with the birds. (ER and WT 101)

Meanwhile, my 2 daughters home on break are attempting to perfect their skills making Sidecar's, Julep's and Gold Rushes from a bottle 1792 that I did not love.

46 minutes ago, callingtom said:

Good Thursday......I'm hanging out with the birds. (ER and WT 101)

Meanwhile, my 2 daughters home on break are attempting to perfect their skills making Sidecar's, Julep's and Gold Rushes from a bottle 1792 that I did not love.

Thinking about working from home tomorrow.  Just had a Rock Hill Farms and now busting into a KC Store pick....14 YO  

• I like it 1

Lol! I think I’m on to something.. I posted last night my crazy concoction of a 50/50 blend of WT101, and Evan Black I was trying to finish off.. Enjoying again tonight! I’m REALLY digging it! I still can’t put a finger on it yet of why such the giddiness, but again pleasantly surprised with something that started as simply just messing around really.. The EWB has added a perfect sweetness to it.. A little pour watching one of my dad’s favs when he was alive while pouring here outside.. :) Nice night! Cheers everyone. ;) 

85FC1D49-4686-4B7B-BD2E-248AFF8567FF.jpeg

• I like it 1

Enjoying a very good pour of ER 10y to finish the night. I have to say that the off the shelf ER 10y lately have been very good. For the past several years BT was better, but ER has made a comeback.  

34 minutes ago, callingtom said:

Thinking about working from home tomorrow.  Just had a Rock Hill Farms and now busting into a KC Store pick....14 YO  

Now busting open a EC BP B518.  "Its good to be the King"

• I like it 1

Yea!...I get to start off where I finished last night!  Rolling into a W12 that I picked up this afternoon.

138.8! Yeah! That’s right up my alley.. Nice.. Never had this ECBP.. Color is wonderful, of course looks very bold.. 

• I like it 1

OMG!! Talking about a DUSTY! I literally just found this boxed up when looking for some vintage JD decanters I have.. I have no idea how it got in there! I’ll blame it on my ex-wife.. ;) The cork is in extremely good shape..  soooo... I’m wondering what kind of shape the liquour is in??? Should I or shouldn’t I???

D728F9B0-542D-497E-884D-1B25439DA4B1.jpeg

• I like it 3

OMG!! Talking about a DUSTY! I literally just found this boxed up when looking for some vintage JD decanters I have.. I have no idea how it got in there! I’ll blame it on my ex-wife.. [emoji6] The cork is in extremely good shape..  soooo... I’m wondering what kind of shape the liquour is in??? Should I or shouldn’t I???

D728F9B0-542D-497E-884D-1B25439DA4B1.thumb.jpeg.6d1707909e897bc022d3ec1404aa1f2b.jpeg

I’d totally go for it. It would be nice to compare to a current bottling though. Not to many people kept almost 20 year old Blanton’s. If you where in my neck of the woods I’d love to share some more recent Blanton’s for comparison.

Idk! Lol, at this very moment I’m debating.. Maybe if I just poured juuust a little and “nosed” it a bit first??

I totally think I’m good with this! Lol, I guess we’ll know in the AM.. I poured a very small amount in a glass swirling a bit and let set.. Legs were in check.. Idk, the initial nose seemed of fruit, but appeared to give way to some brown sugar and just a hint of licorice.. Finish had what I’d call a bit of green or shucked corn in it also... I’m with you! A side by side comparison of some more modern Blanton’s would be intriguing.. (note: This bottle has been “hid” now for like the last 15 years?)

I had another lovely evening consisting of:

Evan Williams 12yr 101 proof

A very old Woodford Reserve (Still Chris Morris but early days)

...and my new blend which I've field tested several times this last week: roughly 50% Wild Turkey 8yr 101 Austin Nichols with 50% Jim Beam Signature Craft 12yr. These two seem to give each other the balance that they just barely lack on their own, and sum into something really delicious.

• I like it 3

So yesterday evening i've had some 2018 GTS, had to open it right away. My god, this release is pretty amazing, the low proof makes it easy to sip. The nose was instantly packing all the good stagg flavors. On the palate, it's maybe not complex as the old ones, less depth too, but i don't mind, i had a lot of pleasure enjoying the first pour right of the bottle. A smooth, well balanced GTS, an A in my book. Now, i need to find a back up, this one is not gonna last for sure. 

Cheers!! 

Will.

• I like it 3

11 hours ago, JMFH said:

47389875081_c6df1017e9_c.jpg

^^^^This is one lovely pic, JMFH!  I can almost taste the richness in that glencairn.  :P

Airplane pours of WR on Delta. I haven’t had any WR in years and it was quite enjoyable from my middle seat in coach, back on the ground it won’t result in a purchase but I enjoyed it for what it is.

1 minute ago, kcgumbohead said:

Airplane pours of WR on Delta. I haven’t had any WR in years and it was quite enjoyable from my middle seat in coach, back on the ground it won’t result in a purchase but I enjoyed it for what it is.

Best $7 you ever spent, right? ;)

Not a fan of Irish whiskey and the lower EC products traditionally, but I am a fan of this! I’ve enjoyed over the past 2 nights.. Thought I’d get a jump on St. Patrick’s Day here at the house.. Happy St. Patty’s to all! ?

F6420A62-F905-48B7-901E-80FEDE37469E.jpeg

• I like it 1

First pour in the new house. Might as well make it a great bang-for-my-buck bottle. 

20190316_193646.jpg

• I like it 3

10 hours ago, DCFan said:

Best $7 you ever spent, right? ;)

International flight so 0.00, even better!!

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.