What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2018)?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last pour from the last of their seasonally allocated bottles... unfortunately not a very memorable dram. 

CD7A9902-487A-4D41-9D53-EDC5513F4DB5.thumb.jpeg.0fa2fe5b0738123cf8a2953a658329b3.jpeg

• I like it 1

Last night while catching up on last weeks first episode of Moonshiners: Whiskey Business.

IMG_2510.thumb.jpg.5d35a8758ea555316a6894d6fbd2747d.jpg

Last weekend I finished off a Barrel Bourbon batch 13. Eh. It was ok. I really enjoyed batch 9 but 13 left something to be desired. 

039E8979-EBB3-4F8A-B702-B5C1AE7851DE.thumb.jpeg.b0c81e2e8d6942bbbf092e6faa554884.jpeg

This stuff is just insanely good. Seriously, just found my bourbon of the year for 2018, time to hunt another down. Cheers!

Will.

• I like it 3

2 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

039E8979-EBB3-4F8A-B702-B5C1AE7851DE.thumb.jpeg.b0c81e2e8d6942bbbf092e6faa554884.jpeg

This stuff is just insanely good. Seriously, just found my bourbon of the year for 2018, time to hunt another down. Cheers!

Will.

What a fantastic example in all facets... arguably unprecedented in color IMO as well. Nice...

• I like it 2

15 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Will.

I liked it but I just found the 2018 very un-Stagg-like. It was good bourbon but lacked that burnt brown sugar and molasses and a punch of flavor of other Staggs.  I thought it was more subtle and fruity leaning more towards the Eagle Rare cherries end of the spectrum. Another SB'r said it was basically ERBP.

• I like it 2

Just a small pour tonight of EC small batch.. neat. appreciating it a little more with each partaking.. ;) 

A wee dram of “Bakers with a B” following a brutal day of ill-fated meetings...

7216F5B0-8BEB-43F3-978E-E72EFF2FE670.thumb.jpeg.a39f455f41b2399407936a505be3e917.jpeg

Tonight I had some 9yr Old Fitz BIB with dinner. That was followed up with a small pour of Makers Mark PS Loch & K(e)y selection for a night cap and basketball watching.

• I like it 1

Last night it was 1792 FP. I’m really loving this stuff. Especially the Binny’s pick version.

On 3/19/2019 at 8:54 PM, Clueby said:

I liked it but I just found the 2018 very un-Stagg-like. It was good bourbon but lacked that burnt brown sugar and molasses and a punch of flavor of other Staggs.  I thought it was more subtle and fruity leaning more towards the Eagle Rare cherries end of the spectrum. Another SB'r said it was basically ERBP.

I would agree, it’s not as rich or complex as the old ones, but its still delicious. ER barrel proof I can see why and there is nothing wrong with that, i love ER, specially the store pick from The Whisky Exchange that I have. 

Cheers!

Will.

• I like it 1

On 3/19/2019 at 8:38 PM, hollywood said:

What a fantastic example in all facets... arguably unprecedented in color IMO as well. Nice...

Thx. 

Will.

Well, I can see what the fuss is about with the Henry McKenna BiB/10. This is a damn fine pour, almost hard to believe it's the same mashbill as the EW etc. (and I have been regularly buying and enjoying EWB and EWSB as the bang-for-the-buck is there in abundance with those...liked the EW BiB too.) Thicker mouthfeel and richer caramel notes, and the occasional slight grassy/dill note I sense in some EWSB I've had is totally absent. Sipped a bit of this while enjoying the latest NPR Tiny Desk concert with Julliard School organ chair Paul Jacobs performing a little tribute to J.S. Bach on his birthday...time to set up the coffeemaker to automagically concoct my mandatory wake-up juice and drag my butt up to bed...but first, the rest of this pour... ?

TP

• I like it 1

Pouring some OESK from a favorite barrel for a vacation dram while watching the sunset.  I usually bring some nice bourbon while traveling, since I never can find anything special while I'm traveling.  Anyone else bring bourbon on vacation?

IMG_0889.jpg

• I like it 3

52 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

Pouring some OESK from a favorite barrel for a vacation dram while watching the sunset.  I usually bring some nice bourbon while traveling, since I never can find anything special while I'm traveling.  Anyone else bring bourbon on vacation?

IMG_0889.jpg

Ummm... YEAH! Is this a trick question? ;) Doesn’t everyone? I see the stogie there as well.. I might forget my swimming trunks or one of my favorite shirts, but never my bourbon or several of my fav cigars.. (Another one of my expensive vices) Enjoy the vacay!

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Bourbon makes everything better

IMG_0894.JPG

Wow!   Lovely sunset pic. :)  ...Or is this a really early start to a days drinking?  :lol:

• I like it 3

Started the evening with some ‘18 Stagg, moved on to The Ambassador 12yr, great evening so far. Cheers! 

Will

Edited by Masset1982
Not English first language ha ha
  • I like it 1

On 3/17/2019 at 9:32 PM, HoustonNit said:

Well I’m sure you had some great pours from these.

Do you or does anyone else recall who distilled these bottles. The WLW 19yr from 02 must be SW. Wonder if 05 GTS was ND?

The Weller 19 is widely assumed to be SW. The 2005 GTS was distilled by BT, or at least they said on the info letter when they released it that they were the distiller

5B8EB41F-86F0-44FF-B338-A4A5E4089ADD.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.