What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2018)?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Repeal day seemed fitting to start a winter thread. So what are y’all sipping to keep the chill away?

Barrel proof Wild Turkey? 

Barrel proof Wild Turkey. 

12176035-A519-47E4-8851-0308CBD09E7D.jpeg

• I like it 2

Nope.

Just 110pf wild turkey.  Rarebreed 101 pick.  It's delish and the bottle is not long for this world.  Although I did squirrel away a few sample bottles for the future.  

4 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Nope.

Just 110pf wild turkey.  Rarebreed 101 pick.  It's delish and the bottle is not long for this world.  Although I did squirrel away a few sample bottles for the future.  

That one was dumped at 111.4! Almost. 

I'm enjoying regular WT 101, and marveling how tasty recent batches have been.  It sure is hard to beat.  Should I even be telling people this?

Even better, I got it at a great sale price.

• I like it 2

I'm enjoying regular WT 101, and marveling how tasty recent batches have been.  It sure is hard to beat.  Should I even be telling people this?
Even better, I got it at a great sale price.

Same. It’s hard to square with my memories of pounding it down at fraternity/sorority formals.

Took a bottle of Old Ezra 7, Barrel Strength @ 117pf to the Whiskey Den @ Pappy's Place last nite.  After opening her up at 5:30ish to let the alcohol blow off while we went to a Cognac/Armagnac "Taste-Off" at the Loch & K(e)y Whiskey Wednesday, the animals drank the whole bottle!  Big sweetness on the nose and the palate followed by a wave of gentle spice that was really good.  Nice medium to long finish that left folks wanting more.  Another L&K member actually went to his car to retrieve a second bottle as I left for home.  No grains were hurt in the making of a fine end to the night.   ☺️

• I like it 7

Finally got a bottle of the Jim Beam Distillers Cut, as it had never turned up at my usual spot. At $24 I’m a big fan. Great expression of the Beam profile and fairly complex palate for the price.

Took a solid Blanton’s Private Barrel and kicked it up a notch with a splash of Blanton’s STFB.  Bam!  Great way to start the evening!

• I like it 2

My palate is loving life tonight!!!

I had a couple pours of Blanton's while cooking, a very nice pour from my finite-infinity bottle and NOW, one of my favorites of 2018, a LS select KC120. I could have stuck to any one of them as all were/are excellent.

tri.thumb.jpg.2392c573709ab207f3790b5ded3f4a8c.jpg

A little sbs with the fraternal 101 twins of Lawrenceburg. Dang, these are good. I believe the WT101 rye is better neat than in a cocktail. Ryes like this and Pikesville cement my preference for low rye ryes. I do believe it's time to pick up another liter. 

20181212_174829.jpg

• I like it 5

Well did this lottery thing with crying babies and strollers and taters as far as the eyes can see.

IMG_5838.JPG
IMG_5839.JPG

Left thirsty and empty handed, so hit up my favorite whiskey bar. They had two different barrel selections of OWA, one is there’s while the other is a puck there liquor store they work with did. Wow there pick is fantastic, need to give a handy to the right guy for my own bottle.

IMG_5840.JPG

Went home had a bit of my own OWA and W12 to end a Weller Wednesday.

IMG_5841.JPG

10 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Well did this lottery thing with crying babies and strollers and taters as far as the eyes can see.

IMG_5838.JPG

The dude with the Baby Bjorn says it all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.