What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2018)?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

OBSQ was mighty fine. Belle Meade 10 yr SiB is even better! Go Tigers! 2018 National Champions! 

• I like it 3

16 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

OBSQ was mighty fine. Belle Meade 10 yr SiB is even better! Go Tigers! 2018 National Champions! 

You played your bourbon cabinet about as well as your team played their game last night!  Ha!  Congrats.

• I like it 2

41 minutes ago, Swamp55 said:

You played your bourbon cabinet about as well as your team played their game last night!  Ha!  Congrats.

:lol:

A GTS or 4R 130th would have been a nice finish but it was still a happy ending!

Turkey Tuesday? A little WT101 8yr, a sample I stashed of my last of 2010-2011 WT101 and RRSB. Just finished a RRSB that I thought was almost as good as WT 12yr and on certain nights would win over. Tonight however I’m digging the 8yr so much better than early 2010s Turkey.

IMG_6051.JPG

• I like it 2

Well, not "enjoying" really but certainly drinking but not hating - RY basic (left over from VBT 674) in keeping with my resolution to move the "lesser bourbon/rye lights" in my possession to the front of the shelves and finishing them off.  At least it isn't Old Crow.:blink:

Edited by Harry in WashDC
spacing
  • I like it 1

11 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Well, not "enjoying" really but certainly drinking but not hating - RY basic (left over from VBT 674) in keeping with my resolution to move the "lesser bourbon/rye lights" in my possession to the front of the shelves and finishing them off.  At least it isn't Old Crow.:blink:

I do the same thing on the moving up the lesser one's.

Some EWSB followed up by a little pour of Larceny...along with some Pat Metheny and now a spot of Wayne Shorter...good whiskey and good jazz are always a winning combo for unwinding... :) 

TP

• I like it 2

Tasting pretty good tonight. Listening to some Aristocrats.

yM6QneD.jpg

Edited by MTNBourbon
  • I like it 2

Whacking back some Woodford Reserve and Larceny of late. I know these two bottles are not without their detractors around here, but they both hit the spot for me. 

3 hours ago, RT Fan said:

Whacking back some Woodford Reserve and Larceny of late. I know these two bottles are not without their detractors around here, but they both hit the spot for me. 

(Emphasis above is mine.)    ^^^THIS^^^ is all that matter, RT Fan!      If the job is getting done to YOUR satisfaction, then anybody else's opinion don't mean a damned thing, now does it?

ENJOY what you like, the way you like it!   That's my motto!

Personally, I never hated WR.   My taste buddies just don't find it a particularly fascinating option in it's price range, is all.     Larceny, on the other hand, has found favor on the right day with those same taste buddies, and it's a decent bargain, to boot, especially; if you get one of those coupons for $$ off!

• I like it 4

Wowsers. Not normally a Bookers person but this has been eating up shelf space for a while. Quite possibly one of the most easy drinking barrel proofers I've had, quite remarkable given the age.

And yes, apologies for the fat European style bottle...

Screenshot_20190110-212307_Photos.jpg

• I like it 6

27 minutes ago, beasled said:

Wowsers. Not normally a Bookers person but this has been eating up shelf space for a while. Quite possibly one of the most easy drinking barrel proofers I've had, quite remarkable given the age.

And yes, apologies for the fat European style bottle...

Screenshot_20190110-212307_Photos.jpg

I don't know if I find it more peculiar that you guys get those weird bottles or that in 2016 they still used the old style batch codes.

1 minute ago, kevinbrink said:

I don't know if I find it more peculiar that you guys get those weird bottles or that in 2016 they still used the old style batch codes.

Enlighten me on the batch codes...?

Baker's comes in these bottles too. It's quite disappointing... :( 

3 hours ago, beasled said:

Enlighten me on the batch codes...?

Baker's comes in these bottles too. It's quite disappointing... :( 

By 2016 Bookers was including a batch name and picture for every label, here are the 2016 labels (the proofs and ages were a place holder for the actual releases)

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicDisplaySearchBasic&ttbid=15285001000120

Tonight called for a pour of RY10SB with dinner. After the kids where in bed, decided to go with 1792 Single Barrel as a night cap. It is going to be colder than normal this weekend up here. I may need to hit the barrel proof stuff a little harder to compensate. I'm thinking a new bottle of ECBP will be opened tomorrow night!

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

By 2016 Bookers was including a batch name and picture for every label, here are the 2016 labels (the proofs and ages were a place holder for the actual releases)

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicDisplaySearchBasic&ttbid=15285001000120

Interesting, I assume we're getting an export version then, still no batch names as of 2018 releases (Batch 2018-01E was the latest), and now it's called 'Booker's True Barrel'. No batch names, no boxes. 

5 hours ago, beasled said:

Interesting, I assume we're getting an export version then, still no batch names as of 2018 releases (Batch 2018-01E was the latest), and now it's called 'Booker's True Barrel'. No batch names, no boxes. 

Definitely the case 2016-01 in the us was the Bluegrass batch here, 6 yrs 11 mo and 127.9 proof. The light colored wood boxes before they went to the named batches were branded True Barrel here. 

6 hours ago, beasled said:

I note, too, that the export Bookers is "70cl" instead of "750ml" like ours which may explain the physical differences in the bottles.

58 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I note, too, that the export Bookers is "70cl" instead of "750ml" like ours which may explain the physical differences in the bottles.

Yeah ours have been 70cl for a while now. Anyone big enough to export in large numbers soon changes the bottle size, must save a few bucks!

The weather folks are predicting 8-12" of snow in STL over the next 2 days. Conveniently I had already taken off work. I got the ingredients for chili, plenty of fire wood, a few movies, and now a pour of OWA

20190111_123938.jpg

• I like it 3

36 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

The weather folks are predicting 8-12" of snow in STL over the next 2 days. Conveniently I had already taken off work. I got the ingredients for chili, plenty of fire wood, a few movies, and now a pour of OWA

Add NFL playoffs and I'd say you are all set.  Sounds pretty perfect to me.

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.