What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2018)?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It’s been a week from today that my daughter was born. Thought I would check out the bottom shelf for a much deserved drink. A little visitor was hanging out. I decided on the WT101. It just sounded right.

78472D46-E224-47E0-8015-917E9DB71876.jpeg

• I like it 5

Finally watching Bridge of Spies. Enjoying a little Elijah Craig during the screening. My second pour went to a HW Double Rye.

A nice sized, late evening pour of BT. A fitting end to a long but productive day.  :)

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

All the talk in the best value thread inspired me to pour a little of this today. 

5A951F85-F669-4D38-9650-69E2FC8295AA.jpeg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

All the talk in the best value thread inspired me to pour a little of this today. 

I just had a pour of a mingle I made about 7 or 8-months ago using half and half ET BIB and JB Distiller's Cut.   I liked and still like both; but the mingle was disappointing to me after a few days in the bottle (I made about a pint).   It didn't seem as good as either was by themselves; so it sat for all this time.    Today, I decided to revisit the mingle, with a decision in mind to keep it or pour it out.   Lo & behold, it was way better than I remembered it being.   ...Not top-20 Bourbon; but, pretty satisfying, and probably as 'good' as either has generally been alone.    So, I guess I hafta keep it, now.   Too bad.   I need the shelf space!   Ah well, I'll polish it off in a few days or weex.

• I like it 1

23 hours ago, Adam777 said:

It’s been a week from today that my daughter was born. Thought I would check out the bottom shelf for a much deserved drink. A little visitor was hanging out. I decided on the WT101. It just sounded right.

78472D46-E224-47E0-8015-917E9DB71876.jpeg

First off, congratulations!  Second, while WT101 is an appropriate pour for any occasion...well, except before going to work or church, I hope you poured something special to celebrate her birth.

• I like it 1

6 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Escaped to the kitchen with Evan to avoid the Grammys in the other room…

IMG_0238.thumb.jpg.45f586a25ae4346e9e10e17fe45596fb.jpg

What you don't enjoy plunging necklines, incessant gyrating on the stage floor, and marginally enjoyable music?  I am ok with the first (assuming female)...note: some of the dudes are dressed like women.  The latter two not so much.  I decided a couple of nice OF1913 pours were in order.  OF1913 is OF1910:OF1920 in a 2:1 ratio.  Proofs out close to 100.  

Edited by mbroo5880i

Watched Apollo 13., for about the gazillionth time.  While watching the extras I had some RR 10 y.o., followed by 4R SiB and finished the night off with some OF 1920.  1920 was the winner tonight.

Enjoying some HH 6yo 90 proof tonight. For those lamenting the demise of the HH 6yo BIB, this is a more than worthy substitute.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

OF1913 is OF1910:OF1920 in a 2:1 ratio.  Proofs out close to 100.  

As much as I love the 1915 mix I have (1:1), I might have to mix my next 2 bottles 1913 (2:1) and 1917 (1:2) respectively...

I've really been enjoying this Elijah Craig pick from the state of Ohio, of the EC's I've had this one has to be my favorite! I'm not great with describing flavors, but one that sticks out for this one is the nutty flavors, which I've tasted in other EC's, but this one really sticks out. 

EC Ohio Barrel.jpg

• I like it 2

New here. Some I’ve had the last few weeks.
IMG_2335.jpg
Local BT store pick
IMG_2334.jpg
IMG_2333.jpg

Been a while since I’ve had any Bowman but this was really good.
IMG_2331.jpg

Never had any of the previous ECBP but this was damn good and surprisingly easy to drink at 135.2.
IMG_2330.jpg

• I like it 4

With the mixed reviews, I'm not sure if I should be enjoying this as much as I do, but the OE 7-year Barrel Proof has been a really lovely bottle for me. A second to last pour has developed into a "pour to the finish" Monday, here!!!

• I like it 3

Just got done shoveling for the third time in three days and it’s still snowing so I’m dulling my backache with some WT101

58BD895B-FDBD-43A0-B7DA-137DA93C60AA.jpeg

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.