What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2018)?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

CEHT single barrel on this Monday evening. It is a good bottle, but I am hoping the next one will be better. 

1 hour ago, bayouredd said:

With the mixed reviews, I'm not sure if I should be enjoying this as much as I do, but the OE 7-year Barrel Proof has been a really lovely bottle for me. A second to last pour has developed into a "pour to the finish" Monday, here!!!

I'm with you I like it very much

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, bayouredd said:

With the mixed reviews, I'm not sure if I should be enjoying this as much as I do, but the OE 7-year Barrel Proof has been a really lovely bottle for me. A second to last pour has developed into a "pour to the finish" Monday, here!!!

I agree. A couple of weekends ago we celebrated a special occasion with ETL, CEHT SiB, OF 11-year, PVW 23, and OE BP and the OE more than held its own. As soon as I find it, I’ll be purchasing a few bottles. 

• I like it 2

57 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I'm with you I like it very much

Make that 3 of us.  I'm looking for a bottle but haven't seen any around these parts.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, flahute said:

Just got done shoveling for the third time in three days and it’s still snowing so I’m dulling my backache with some WT101

58BD895B-FDBD-43A0-B7DA-137DA93C60AA.jpeg

You absolutely deserve that pour, +...

1 hour ago, Radioyada said:

CEHT single barrel on this Monday evening. It is a good bottle, but I am hoping the next one will be better. 

Sounds like my first 2 bottles. The second one was pretty good, but the first was epic & had a bubblegum note that I've yet to duplicate in anything I've tried...

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, bayouredd said:

You absolutely deserve that pour, +...

Thanks man! Now our power is out due to heavy tree limbs hanging on power lines. So I’m following with some Rare Breed cut with some Longbranch. It’s the only good use I can find for Longbranch. And it works. 

Funny enough, this is my first pour out of this half full bottle.  Took it to a Super Bowl party full of bourbon enthusiasts where it looked like swill compared to some other things on the table.  Apparently it was well received lol.  They did a good job picking this one. 

D9D4F394-8E44-4F3F-87C7-DF10139160A3.jpeg

• I like it 2

These 2 barrels appear to be really close to each other in warehouse F, plus they were bottled 2 months apart. The bottle that's almost gone finished slightly sweeter. It makes me wonder if there's a good chance these are from the same batch. A local store currently has a barrel also from the same vicinity. I should probably go buy a bottle to compare. I'm finished buying anything over $55 for the foreseeable future due to my consistent love of this product. 

20190212_174558.jpg

• I like it 2

Been a while since I posted in this thread.  Starting with some Virgin 101 tonight.  Been on a bottle killing project for a while so it's been Virgin 101, Heaven Hill BiB 6 year, John J Bowman, OF 1920, 1792 SB, or some combination of these for the last couple of months.  So there, I guess I'm caught up.

Still don’t like it after three tries.  Had this bottle about a year.  Shared it with several buddies.  Wish I was a cocktail guy, I’d make Old Fashioned’s out of it or something.  

B48013A0-1C91-4439-9A03-751847FC67C7.jpeg

WSR after clearing walkways of 3” of snow and ice.  It was between WSR and WT 101.  Heads I win, tails I win.  I like those odds!

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, El Vino said:

WSR after clearing walkways of 3” of snow and ice.  It was between WSR and WT 101.  Heads I win, tails I win.  I like those odds!

The real downside of adult beverages being off limits for me at the moment is that I couldn't have a pour after doing the same, on the plus side mother nature has been pretty easy on us this year. 

1 minute ago, kevinbrink said:

, on the plus side mother nature has been pretty easy on us this year. 

Wish I could say the same. <_<

Joe

• I like it 2

24 minutes ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

Still don’t like it after three tries.  Had this bottle about a year.  Shared it with several buddies.  Wish I was a cocktail guy, I’d make Old Fashioned’s out of it or something.  

B48013A0-1C91-4439-9A03-751847FC67C7.jpeg

But what a nice bottle. ;)

• I like it 1

9 minutes ago, dad-proof said:

But what a nice bottle. ;)

I think it has some promise, just not there yet.  

• I like it 1

Wife got some good career news today, so I said you pick the whiskey tonight -anything you want.

She chose wisely!

I joined her on the pour. 

:)

(14y OESK, for the new guys)

4EE90020-13AC-4B86-857D-F33B516BA2BF.jpeg

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 7

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.