What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2018)?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

Underated pour.  This, Kentucky Vintage, & Johnny Drumm are always in my bar. 

Not really. They've been very inconsistent with their sourcing. You just don't know what you're going to get.

After a great Valentine’s Day dinner, I enjoyed a Woodford Double Oaked.  I am not a big Woodford fan but I like the DO expression.  

10 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

How is it, I left a row on the shelf at $135, I was tempted to buy one for a buddy for his 40th. 

I like it quite a bit, but it’s a case study of long term maturation— so best suited for the curious and comparative drinker. 

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, flahute said:

Not really. They've been very inconsistent with their sourcing. You just don't know what you're going to get.

Sounds like my luck has been better than yours. ;)

Sipping some ‘97 Wild Turkey Tradition, quite nice, quite oaky, great viscosity, good stuff. I wish I had a few stashed away. 

Cheers! 

Will. 

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Golferpimp1 said:

IMG_2981.jpg
Some WT101 on the way home.

Bourbon in a plastic cup at 35,000 feet on the way home after a long biz trip have been some of my best bourbon experiences.  Cheers!

• I like it 3

Enjoying some Willett Pot Still tonight. 

I agree that WT at 35,000 ft after a long business trip allows you to savor your successes.

13 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Bourbon in a plastic cup at 35,000 feet on the way home after a long biz trip have been some of my best bourbon experiences.  Cheers!

Haha...don't you know it!  Two thumbs up, from Siskel and Ebert!

IMG_2981.thumb.jpg.e982f1061ca5f5e1b25ed1d2fea57b01.jpg
Some WT101 on the way home.

Southwest has WT101 now? Last time I was stuck with JD Devils Cut, which is actually alright.

I opened a new bottle of HMcK10 which is pretty solid.  I am drinking it out of a Four Roses rocks glass.  Is that kosher?

25 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Southwest has WT101 now? Last time I was stuck with JD Devils Cut, which is actually alright.

I'm pretty sure Jim Beam (not Jack Daniel's) makes Devil's Cut.   Possibly a typo?

I'm pretty sure Jim Beam (not Jack Daniel's) makes Devil's Cut.   Possibly a typo?

Definitely a typo thanks for the correction.

12 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Man, I am glad this little guy opted for Hennessy not bourbon.

safe_image.php?d=AQBNDs5ecZxc9JKc&w=540&h=282&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcbsnews3.cbsistatic.com%2Fhub%2Fi%2Fr%2F2019%2F02%2F15%2F144554c2-ce0c-41fd-b881-968ca2c7c8e5%2Fthumbnail%2F1200x630%2F9747f30e5e89b73009220bee291e65f0%2Fscreen-shot-2019-02-15-at-2-19-36-pm.png&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_hash=AQAH25r7N-hvAo4C

That's what happens when you drink bad whiskey.... Or what ever you want to call it..

Edited by LCWoody
  • I like it 1

Yes sir. I usually only partake on Fridays. It’s great stuff after a very long week!!

Yes sir. I usually only partake on Fridays. It’s great stuff after a very long week!!

I use to have a position in my company where I managed a facility out in West Texas and would have to make quarterly SW flights there and no WT101. At least the crappy steakhouse in town had WT101, this almost makes me want to have that crappy job again.

I use to have a position in my company where I managed a facility out in West Texas and would have to make quarterly SW flights there and no WT101. At least the crappy steakhouse in town had WT101, this almost makes me want to have that crappy job again.

Don’t get carried away..... I would trade the travel immediately

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.