What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2018)?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I see you don’t have any Wellers on your list. (cough cough <_<) I’d at least stick with the same distillery. Blanton’s gets my vote. ^_^ Cheers, have fun and enjoy. 

Biba! Joe

12 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I see you don’t have any Wellers on your list.

But Booker's is listed twice. Hmmm...... 2 different Booker's or a subliminal preference? :D

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Vosgar said:

But Booker's is listed twice. Hmmm...... 2 different Booker's or a subliminal preference? :D

I noticed that too and didn't put in a vote because at that point, I though he had had enough... :o

• I like it 1

Not technically enjoying it yet, but will be soon.

Did a Scotch tasting at a friend’s house last week. Had a great time and we decided we would do a bourbon tasting at my house tonight. Here is my contribution and others are bringing bottles of ETL, regular Blantons, Bookers 30th, Barterhouse, Rhetoric 25, etc.

Now I just have to find all my Glencairns.IMG_0765.jpg

• I like it 4

Busy as all get out today, but finally sitting outside on a warm (but blustery) evening, Americana pandora on the outdoor stereo, watching a very lost and confused seagull overhead, stitzel WSR from the 90s in my glass. "They don't make 'em like they used to." 

• I like it 2

With all of the rain in Atlanta area in 2019,  I stopped building my ark early today to  revisit some GTS and OGD114.  Good stuff.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

My county has county run liquor stores. They have it priced at $31. Hard to come by but they have a website where you can see store inventory. Pretty much have to get there same day to get any ER once you see that it’s in stock.

I can never find it at liquor stores around here. Target or grocery stores is where I usually find ER

Thanks to everyone for their input in selecting my first pour of the day. After considering all the responses, I am going with the Blanton’s. 

But out of respect for everyone willing to vote,  I will do pours over the next week of Eagle Rare, WT Rare Breed, and Booker’s.  

BTW, I did list the Booker’s twice but it was an error. 

Thanks Again..

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

My county has county run liquor stores. They have it priced at $31. Hard to come by but they have a website where you can see store inventory. Pretty much have to get there same day to get any ER once you see that it’s in stock.

Funny how distribution works - I'm in Virginia, and we have little Buffalo Trace products aside from Eagle Rare, which is very common. 

3 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

Getting low.

vtk2V9r.jpg

Getting low, you mean the bottle or the glencairn?  Glencairn looks pretty healthy.  Generous pour for a 139 proofer.  Enjoy!

• I like it 1

Earlier tonight I had a buillett rye old fashioned before dinner.  At home, first Kentucky Spirit PS and now Redemption bourbon 109.2 proof, it's quite tasty.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Getting low, you mean the bottle or the glencairn?  Glencairn looks pretty healthy.  Generous pour for a 139 proofer.  Enjoy!

Bottle.

Wife made some pecan chocolate chip cookies, pairs nicely with some Blanton’s SFTB. Glad she doesn’t make this too often as I have a thing for chocolate chip cookies.

IMG_6259.JPG

• I like it 7

Regardless of which side of the fence you’re on about if this is “bourbon” or not, what you really need to know is that it’s darn delicious!

73C585BA-0AB2-45F1-9D45-0398AD9270B9.jpeg

• I like it 5

23 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Regardless of which side of the fence you’re on about if this is “bourbon” or not, what you really need to know is that it’s darn delicious!

73C585BA-0AB2-45F1-9D45-0398AD9270B9.jpeg

You:  Can I get an Amen?!?!

Me:  AMEN!!!!!! 

• I like it 2

Ok had some SFTB, WT 8yr export and now some KCSB PS 14yr. The KC is kicking butt tonight, brown sugar delight with a cigar while doing some grilling.

IMG_6260.JPG

• I like it 2

Tonight’s line up.  Barrel Batch 17 in the glass.  Dickel really comes out in this batch.   

C708A11A-7EF2-4761-9677-83B5CC64EBEF.jpeg

• I like it 1

Early Times BIB. Can’t say I got the love on my first pour a few weeks ago. Tonight. Wow. I’m impressed. Not available in my state. Wish I had grabbed more than one when I was in MI.

• I like it 1

New to KC. The bottle says “Single Barrel” and also says “Small Batch”?

Haha, the smallest of small batch. I think this has been mentioned before surprised they haven’t corrected this yet. They do have new labeling for the actual small batch maybe it’ll be corrected on the SB, when they update the label. From what I read the SB came out a few years after the rest of the small batch collection, Booker’s, Baker’s, KC Small Batch and Basil. Al the others are small batch and Booker wasn’t a fan of single barrels, so maybe it was intentional or they didn’t really care enough?

I also kind of think it may be intentional. It’s them putting a fake stamp of single barrel over the regular small batch and making it a single barrel at a higher proof.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.