What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2018)?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Celebrating getting over a 24 hr bug and while flying home with 2 kids from vacation. Was a rough day yesterday.
IMG_2508.jpg

Tonight is Turkey night.  Warmed up with 2018 WT101, then graduated to a couple of my very best WTKS honey barrels.  Then just took it up a notch.  Traditions and 101/12 yr.  Yes, life is good.

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 3

8 hours ago, Galvin0791 said:

This is a great photo!!

Agreed. Makes me want to get a copy and frame it.

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

My first tater sticker!  :D  Pretty good, though...

1792.jpg

Man, I laughed!! I want to say something, but I don’t know what to say!!

Where’s the Weller guys? I finished this off late before going to bed last night.. I’m really torn, this bottle is history! Thinking deep, it’s hard to imagine I just polished off something that was put into oak in 1982! As best as I can remember I bought this and a bottle of original GTS around ‘02-‘03ish.. (That GTS is long gone).. The Weller had some vanilla notes, more brown sugar to me then like cinnimon, with some peppery undertones... I have a few left, but I do wish I still had some of those pours I had back in the late 90’s- early 00’s.. :( 

0BF945BA-DEDE-437D-BA8A-BE6E0815001E.jpeg

• I like it 9

OMG! I just saw online where a similar bottle of this Weller19 sold for almost $2500, and elsewhere averaging around $3600?! Wow, that’s alot of “enjoyment”... I thoroughly enjoyed mine, but not sure if I was pleased to that extent! Lol!

7 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

Weller 107 & a Padron

17574247-9E3F-43F7-8942-4C6E30DD3ED6.jpeg

Nice... Pretty much any bourbon with a Padron gets a thumbs up! ;) 

• I like it 1

Stagg Jr. batch 9 while rewatching Game of Thrones to get ready for the last season. 

• I like it 1

Where’s the Weller guys? I finished this off late before going to bed last night.. I’m really torn, this bottle is history! Thinking deep, it’s hard to imagine I just polished off something that was put into oak in 1982! As best as I can remember I bought this and a bottle of original GTS around ‘02-‘03ish.. (That GTS is long gone).. The Weller had some vanilla notes, more brown sugar to me then like cinnimon, with some peppery undertones... I have a few left, but I do wish I still had some of those pours I had back in the late 90’s- early 00’s.. [emoji20] 
0BF945BA-DEDE-437D-BA8A-BE6E0815001E.thumb.jpeg.b5a85d90659d2a1276bc0530215cb979.jpeg

I certainly have never seen one of these in person and never seen a picture of an opened one.

You said you have unopened ones? With the crazy prices these are going for it would be hard to consider not selling it.

5 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

I certainly have never seen one of these in person and never seen a picture of an opened one.

You said you have unopened ones? With the crazy prices these are going for it would be hard to consider not selling it.

After looking at the prices some of these are going for I wished that I did.. hence part of me being “torn”.. largely No I do not.. I do however have a very early GTS unopened from that era and a WT gold foil.. also an older opened bottle of PVW15 and a few others.. anyway, I did have many of these from that time period going for these crazy prices, and yes I wished I still had them.. I guess part of what I’d commented on or trying to convey should have been worded a little better.. ;) 

FYI, I’ve had multiple bottles of GTS starting with three bottles of the ‘02 and then through ‘05. I just checked, and unfortunately I have only one remaining from ‘05 that is unopened.. 

I kicked off the day with some ECBP C918. I should have finished with that because it made the FRSMB and OWA taste weak and wanting more ECBP the rest of the afternoon and evening. Oh well, that is what tomorrow is for. Cheers everyone.

• I like it 1

FYI, I’ve had multiple bottles of GTS starting with three bottles of the ‘02 and then through ‘05. I just checked, and unfortunately I have only one remaining from ‘05 that is unopened.. 

Well I’m sure you had some great pours from these.

Do you or does anyone else recall who distilled these bottles. The WLW 19yr from 02 must be SW. Wonder if 05 GTS was ND?

World’s largest pour of WRDO at the airport— enhanced by being on the house due to computer failure. Should sleep well on the plane. 

6C098544-369D-4C5B-92E0-F7985C5BF0A6.thumb.jpeg.1887831e73dbb043cc0b63a498b7e5ce.jpeg

• I like it 2

Finally getting close to "cigar weather" here in Memphis. I've never been able to smoke a relaxing cigar in cold weather, unless I go to the local cigar shop. They really should be enjoyed with some good bourbon and warm to hot weather...just my opinion.

127.thumb.jpg.0266361abae3d7d6d463910c5e51dbe6.jpg

• I like it 4

20 hours ago, hollywood said:

After looking at the prices some of these are going for I wished that I did.. hence part of me being “torn”.. largely No I do not.. I do however have a very early GTS unopened from that era and a WT gold foil.. also an older opened bottle of PVW15 and a few others.. anyway, I did have many of these from that time period going for these crazy prices, and yes I wished I still had them.. I guess part of what I’d commented on or trying to convey should have been worded a little better.. ;) 

I do have an unopened 19. When i think about opening it, i think about a lot of things hollywood. Not sure how anything could be so good as to be worth $3000. Cant bring myself to sell but cant open it either. Maybe a weak moment one day when im older and wiser.

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 1

7 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

I do have an unopened 19. When i think about opening it, i think about a lot of things hollywood. Not sure how anything could be so good as to be worth $3000. Cant bring myself to sell but cant open it either. Maybe a weak moment one day when im older and wiser.

Kudos my friend! Lol, I'm only 3 hours south, just let me know when the top is getting popped! I'm good even on short notice btw! :) 

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, FacePlant said:

Finally getting close to "cigar weather" here in Memphis. I've never been able to smoke a relaxing cigar in cold weather, unless I go to the local cigar shop. They really should be enjoyed with some good bourbon and warm to hot weather...just my opinion.

127.thumb.jpg.0266361abae3d7d6d463910c5e51dbe6.jpg

Nice and 100% agree on the weather when smoking a cigar.  I learned early on that it was never worth "forcing a cigar" in the spring when you cannot rely on the weather/sun to be consistent for 2 hours.  PSD4 are classic!  Year?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.