The things people do

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thought I would share this here.  I donated a bottle of Van Winkle Lot B for the local hospital auxiliary Christmas auction. They use this money to provide transportation and other services for those in need.  The bottle went for $1000.  I am still amazed at what people will pay for this bourbon.  The bidding was near fever pitch.  I would never sale one on the secondary market but it did my old heart good to see how much money it raised for this worthy cause.  Made my evening.

• I like it 22

I think a lot of people bid high since it’s for charity, and I also think some erroneously think that they get to claim a charitable deduction for their purchase.

• I like it 3

I really hope that the very generous gentleman that bought it really enjoys it with some of his pals.  I do think that the purpose of the auction was the reason behind the high price.  Probably didn't hurt that the Van Winkle name was on the label.  Thanks for the kudos guys but it was a very small gesture from a man who has been blessed beyond all measure by a most gracious God.

• I like it 7

Nice thing to do Dave.  This is the season of giving and you sir are a fine example of the giving spirit.

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.