Barrell Bourbon Craft Spirits 15 yr cask

dwolf
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had a friend share a sample of this a coupe of days ago. A blend of TN (presumably Dickel,) MGP and an unidentified KY distiller. I thought it was good but would not purchase it myself after trying it for $250 or what ever it went for even if it were still available. 

• I like it 1

Interesting result from Minnick, but I put little trust in his reviews as he never rates anything too critically, although this one was blind so I'll give him that.  Yet, it's only 1 man's opinion

Had not heard of this BB15 before, and of course, not seen it in the wild.  At $250, I'm a pass.  Maybe $100 and I'd take a flyer

In a moment of weakness today I paid $239 for this bottle at a local store while waiting for a client ... it will be open this weekend. I might forget to disclose this purchase to the wife as I’m disgusted with myself ( I’ll be a little less annoyed if this is delicious)

8 hours ago, grantsi said:

In a moment of weakness today I paid $239 for this bottle at a local store while waiting for a client ... it will be open this weekend. I might forget to disclose this purchase to the wife as I’m disgusted with myself ( I’ll be a little less annoyed if this is delicious)

Don't feel bad.  She probably doesn't tell you about every purse or pair of shoes she splurges on... :lol:

I normally wouldn't go for this one, but a club I'm a member of did a barrel pick of a 14 year old TN bourbon that Barrell bottled. The 14 year old was only $89 though the club and I wish I had bought a case it was so good. That was a good excuse to buy this 15 year from Barrell, and I got it for $239. The TN portion was most likely similar to the juice I liked in the 14 year old pick. This 15 year from Barrell was strikingly similar to the 2018 GTS I have. It is a lot of vanilla and maple to it. If you were to describe something like Basil Hayden as "thin", this stuff is the opposite, its heavy. If you are a GTS fan and can't find it at retail and don't want to go $400+ for it... this stuff is reaaaally close for $239. I wouldn't be shocked to see it run up to close to GTS price on secondary market. 

Its a special occasion bourbon no doubt. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2019 at 4:28 PM, PiraSea said:

I normally wouldn't go for this one, but a club I'm a member of did a barrel pick of a 14 year old TN bourbon that Barrell bottled. The 14 year old was only $89 though the club and I wish I had bought a case it was so good. That was a good excuse to buy this 15 year from Barrell, and I got it for $239. The TN portion was most likely similar to the juice I liked in the 14 year old pick. This 15 year from Barrell was strikingly similar to the 2018 GTS I have. It is a lot of vanilla and maple to it. If you were to describe something like Basil Hayden as "thin", this stuff is the opposite, its heavy. If you are a GTS fan and can't find it at retail and don't want to go $400+ for it... this stuff is reaaaally close for $239. I wouldn't be shocked to see it run up to close to GTS price on secondary market. 

Its a special occasion bourbon no doubt. 

I traded this Barrell 15 year for a GTS 18. I haven't had any experience with Barrell stuff, but I've had my heart set on GTS forever. To be able to get it without paying secondary was a must-do for me. I hope I don't regret it!

2 hours ago, Gameover170 said:

I traded this Barrell 15 year for a GTS 18. I haven't had any experience with Barrell stuff, but I've had my heart set on GTS forever. To be able to get it without paying secondary was a must-do for me. I hope I don't regret it!

You won't regret it, believe me!

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Whatsamatta Kevin?  Looking to join the CRS club? :lol:

Biba! Joe

Oh I remember, I remember that I don't really want to spend $225 on it. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.