Austin Trip

mbroo5880i
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am heading down to Austin, TX on Monday for a one day trip.  We will be around the TCEQ and airport area.  I have heard of Twin Liquors and Specs but have never been to either store.  Do they have stores in that area and, if so, is one store better than the other, even within the same chain?  I am looking for something different than I might find in Indy...FR Store Selects, OWA/WSR/WL12, other store selects (KSCB), just something different.   Any suggestions or insight appreciated.

OWA and W12 are not going to be on the shelf at either of those.  You might find W12 at a mom & pop store for secondary pricing.  William Grant is testing a blend of straight Bourbons, available only in Texas called Fistful of Bourbon.  Buck 8 seems to be popular as it is RHC- ranch hand certified.

3 hours ago, wadewood said:

OWA and W12 are not going to be on the shelf at either of those.  You might find W12 at a mom & pop store for secondary pricing.  William Grant is testing a blend of straight Bourbons, available only in Texas called Fistful of Bourbon.  Buck 8 seems to be popular as it is RHC- ranch hand certified.

High praise for that Buck 8.  Should do very well, as the market has been screaming for RHC Bourbon.  

On 12/21/2018 at 4:07 PM, wadewood said:

I didn't even think to look for something Ranch Hand Certified.  I may have been in the presence of a unique and highly sought after bourbon and didn't even know it.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.