EH Taylor Small Batch

Bbstout
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

How is availability for this one in your area? I just got back from TW and they had a 1 bottle limit at the front. Is this another one going allocated? This is getting crazy.

15 minutes ago, Bbstout said:

How is availability for this one in your area?

CEHT is a lottery item at the Va ABC.

Small Batch & Rye are found around me fairly regularly.  Single Barrel is a little more scarce, but attainable.  Barrel Proof is a frickin unicorn now.  

Edited by Obeezy1Kaneezy
  • I like it 1

15 minutes ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

Small Batch & Rye are found around me fairly regularly.  Single Barrel is a little more scarce, but attainable.  Barrel Proof is a frickin unicorn now.  

Indy area is similar.  You find Small Batch if you look around.  The price jumped to around $49.99 a few years ago and has stayed there.  You can occasionally find it in the low $40s if you look around.  The Rye is on the shelf in a lot of LS.  It has been ever since the price jumped to $89.99.  Similarly, Single Barrel is scarce.  You need to really look around.  I haven't seen a Barrel Proof in quite awhile.  I am sure if I asked around at a few stores someone could round one up but it would probably be priced higher than I would want to pay.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1

39 here, generally limited to 1 or 3 at at time depending on place. Nabbed 2 barrel proofers this year at 79 I believe (maybe a little less)

Everyone has it but it’s expensive. Best we have it is $43 on sale. Usually it’s $60. I’d be interested if Jeff (Louisiana) or one of the NOLA members checks in. It’s been several years but when I was there last, Costco had shelves of it for $32. 

1 hour ago, Bbstout said:

How is availability for this one in your area? I just got back from TW and they had a 1 bottle limit at the front. Is this another one going allocated? This is getting crazy.

Going? It's been scarce for a couple years. I did find a bunch yesterday...for $65! It comes in to TW a couple times a year and they put it out at 1 per customer for around $35. Single barrel pushes $100 locally. I usually only get that out of town somewhere when I can find it for retail. I've never, EVER seen a bottle of BP other than on the posts in SB.com.

It’s your typical BT release here in my part of Illinois. When they get a shipment in everyone has it and no restrictions and it’s at a normal price but it tends to run out before the next shipment arrives and anything can happen at the liquor store until it does. That means anything from one bottle only on purchases to outrageous prices. 

CEHT SmB is easy to find in the Houston area. The CEHT SiB used to be fairly easy to find until about 6 - 8 months ago. After that, it’s been quite a chore to track down. In 2018, the CEHT BP became a unicorn.

This is one of the few BT products, other than standard BT and Eagle Rare, that we seem to have a pretty consistent supply of in Iowa. I don't see shelves full of it, but there's generally a store in town with one or two bottles at about $43 or so. It's also very good, I would take it over the standard Weller line (WSR/OWA/W12) any day of the week.

• I like it 1

It generally runs between $36 to $42 and is readily available in most stores with no limits. There are multiple stores that I could easily buy cases of it for around $36 per bottle.

4 hours ago, DCFan said:

CEHT is a lottery item at the Va ABC.

Not always.  I know it has been as it was one of my more recent wins in the lottery, but sometimes it will randomly show up and appear on the shelves.

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2018 at 7:00 PM, Bbstout said:

Picked some up here in MN for $35 at total wine. The Rye is around too but the single barrel is more difficult to find. 

South Carolina gets it (at least my market) maybe once a year and it is gone in a flash. 

All of the LS in my home turf are pretty much without this.  One day recently I was surprised to find two bottles o; the shelf.  I grabbed one (not thinking) and went back the next day only to find th shelf empty.  I asked the cashier and he stated that typically the supply is gone only a few hours after it gets in.  I’m pretty new to the bourbon world, but man I can see already what a challenge it can be to strike gold.

Bought 1 CEHT SmB at TW here in Jacksonville, FL about 6 months ago at $43.  Haven't seen any since then until this week at an ABC in Jacksonville for $45 (1 per customer - picked 1 up).  Went to another ABC in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL and bought the last one they had ($45).    

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.