What are you gifting this holiday season 2018

DCFan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I got a couple of things already to hand out so far;

VOB jug 86 proof for the mailman

OGD BIB for my brother.

• I like it 1

Not directly giving to anyone, but planning to take a couple of nice bottles to share with family.  Going with HWMWND and the Murray Hill Club blend.  May bring along my only bottle of OWA as well.

I've gifted myself: 3 Wellers, 2 Old Ezras, 2 BT's, 1 Larceny, and a partridge in a pear tree. :P

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

My younger brother is getting a bottle of JD Heritage Barrel, My older brother is getting a bottle of Armagnac and a 375 of Clear Creak 8 yr Apple Brandy and his girlfriend is getting a Pinot finished HW Double Rye, my mom is getting a bottle of Jameson 12 I found gathering dust in a rural liquor store.

• I like it 1

46 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

My younger brother is getting a bottle of JD Heritage Barrel, My older brother is getting a bottle of Armagnac and a 375 of Clear Creak 8 yr Apple Brandy and his girlfriend is getting a Pinot finished HW Double Rye, my mom is getting a bottle of Jameson 12 I found gathering dust in a rural liquor store.

I LOVE your family!!  :D

McKenna 10 SiB and Elijah Craig SmB gift set for the father in law.

IW Harper 15yr, set of bitters, and Carpano Antica for the brother in law.

Knob Creek SiB 13yr PS for my brother, and I know I am getting a RR SiB private pick from him.

Already gifted an Angel's Envy rye to our older daughter's godmother. Fixings for fancy old fashioneds and a cocktail book for the godfather.

Every year my buddy's wife comes to me for a recommendation for him in the $40-50 dollar range. This year I recommended Russell's Reserve SiB.

I haven't decided what to get my brother this year. What do you get a fellow bourboner that already has everything?  Lately we've started holding our own little Christmas "lottery" between ourselves whereby we assign numbers to a few special bottles from each other's stashes, and we draw numbers to decide what we get.  It adds a little fun twist to gift giving.

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 2

Brought a bottle or W12, a 1/2 full bottle of ETL commemorative LE and Compass Box Spice Tree Extravaganza to the family holiday party.  The W12 got destroyed, finished the ETL and came home with 1/2 of the CB.  Good times with the fam

• I like it 6

I've given out a bunch of samplers (2 oz each) for coworkers, depending on their preference. Some were more bourbon heavy, some rye heavy, and one brandy heavy. I got a 1974 L'Encantada Armagnac for the Mrs. for Christmas when I was in Paris a couple of weeks ago, so that should go over well as really likes Armagnac and I finally found one from her birth year.

• I like it 1

On December 20, 2018 at 4:40 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I've gifted myself: 3 Wellers, 2 Old Ezras, 2 BT's, 1 Larceny, and a partridge in a pear tree. :P

Biba! Joe

I picked up a ps BT on sale for the bargain price of $21.59 yesterday. What I said about Weller SR goes for BT too. One can never have too much, especially a private selection! 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Maker's Mark Private Stock pick from the Loch & K(e)y Society.  They have just a hint of maple syrup from the staves - a perfect gift for a cold winter's night by the fire!   ☺️

• I like it 1

So I got a bottle of OGD to give to my brother yesterday and half way to my daughter’s place I realized I forgot it so I went to her neighborhood ABC and got a bottle of Eagle Rare for him instead. I was out of OGD anyway.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, DCFan said:

So I got a bottle of OGD to give to my brother yesterday and half way to my daughter’s place I realized I forgot it so I went to her neighborhood ABC and got a bottle of Eagle Rare for him instead. I was out of OGD anyway.

Heehee!  Good one!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.