What bottle(s) did you open today? Winter 2018-19

Kepler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Opened a euro bottle of WT13 year today. 

This stuff smells wonderful. 

Fairly easy drinking at 91p. 

Classic turkey profile is there, albeit lurking somewhat in the corner. 

Very nice. 

7C6F95F0-5831-4B01-8EA5-533764D04ED1.jpeg

• I like it 9

Opened this one tonight to celebrate surviving the first Monday of 2019.

Now rooting for the Clemson Tigers to beat Bama.
IMG_0521.jpg

• I like it 5

I had a grand opening of an ECBP C918 on Saturday and opened up a BT SP this afternoon. My taste buds are workin'!

5 hours ago, Postal Grunt said:

I had a grand opening of an ECBP C918 on Saturday and opened up a BT SP this afternoon. My taste buds are workin'!

And . . . . . . ????   What did your taste buds tell you, big boy?   ☺️

Had this bottle for a while and decided to finally crack it open tonight after finally getting a backup (thanks to a SBer). Awesome stuff, super smooth with great flavor. GeeTen you were right this one is a honey barrel.

0773BDA4-FA0B-4E17-B9E0-1553A992986F.jpeg

• I like it 2

Very nice. 
7C6F95F0-5831-4B01-8EA5-533764D04ED1.thumb.jpeg.13dce995abe9116d16736a3482f1a934.jpeg

Ha my coworker just landed in Japan and asked what whiskey to look for. I told her this and and basically any age stated WT.
  • I like it 3

I really like these PLP’s.  The 8 is really good too.  Wish I could find them easier.  I don’t go to TN often, & even if I did, they’re not everywhere.  I need to get a lead on which stores actually get them & make a trip to try & snag a few extra. 

84CE255D-45C6-4ED9-B2DA-317DC67821E3.jpeg

• I like it 2

I really like these PLP’s.  The 8 is really good too.  Wish I could find them easier.  I don’t go to TN often, & even if I did, they’re not everywhere.  I need to get a lead on which stores actually get them & make a trip to try & snag a few extra. 

84CE255D-45C6-4ED9-B2DA-317DC67821E3.thumb.jpeg.193b5a359623e23790cc9618a14d4f96.jpeg

Surprised these don’t get more love around here. Age stated, good proof whiskey from someone that probably knows how to pick barrels better than most.
  • I like it 1

17 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Surprised these don’t get more love around here. Age stated, good proof whiskey from someone that probably knows how to pick barrels better than most.

It’s really unique & high quality stuff.  I think part of it might have to do with availability & limited distribution.  I know the price tag of the 12 scares a lot of people away.  I’m a fan. 

18 hours ago, GeeTen said:

And . . . . . . ????   What did your taste buds tell you, big boy?   ☺️

Take the ECBP and 3 points for the LAC-Pats game.  I'm going with the BT for the Chiefs-Colts. That game is probably going to be a nail biting, high octane shootout and I want to be awake all the way to the end

• I like it 1

I recently picked up a bottle of the highly-regarded Stagg Jr. Batch 9, and opened it up last evening. It was an interesting case study in airtime and oxidation. I compared it blind to a Batch 10 bottle that has been open for about a month, and a Batch 3 bottle that has been open for some years. They were all close, but the Batch 10 was clearly the best, and what turned out to be the Batch 9 was definitely closed off and ranked third. I have little doubt that with some airtime, the Batch 9 will equal or exceed the Batch 10, which was fantastic.
I'm at the bottom of a batch 9 bottle, for me it destroy's batch 10, especially in the longer finish. It will open up VERY nicely.
  • I like it 1

20 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

I think it's because a grand total of about three people on this board have tried it. I've never even seen it. And if I did, I'd pass on it because I'm sure it's priced highly along with it likely being from Dickel which I generally hate.

I think it's because a grand total of about three people on this board have tried it. I've never even seen it. And if I did, I'd pass on it because I'm sure it's priced highly along with it likely being from Dickel which I generally hate.

Yup essentially what Obeezy stated.

^^^^I've been passing on it due to the price (and source) as well. 

If I want to taste Dickel, age stated Kirkland's is my QPR pour of choice.  ;)

“Hate” is such a strong word Steve! [emoji3] Yes, it is sourced from Dickel, but it is still very good. I have a bottle, and I’m pretty sure FasterHorses has a bottle. Yes, it’s also fairly pricey...I can’t remember the exact price, but somewhere between $79 and $99 is what I seem to recall.
  • I like it 1

On 1/8/2019 at 11:00 PM, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

84CE255D-45C6-4ED9-B2DA-317DC67821E3.jpeg

I haven’t seen any PLP’s but I recently picked up a Dickel 9 yr PS SiB while in TN that is fantastic. $33 or $34 and at 103 proof. I really wish I had bought multiples of it.

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Yup essentially what Obeezy stated.

But I stated it with much more flair. ?

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

“Hate” is such a strong word Steve! emoji3.png Yes, it is sourced from Dickel, but it is still very good. I have a bottle, and I’m pretty sure FasterHorses has a bottle. Yes, it’s also fairly pricey...I can’t remember the exact price, but somewhere between $79 and $99 is what I seem to recall.

LOL!

I will admit to occasionally liking a Dickel expression but it's few and far between so I'm skeptical of anything I can't taste first!

• I like it 1

On 12/26/2018 at 3:42 AM, elmossle said:

IMG_1982.jpg
This was a nice way to celebrate Christmas with the family today. First pour was for me, then some samples to share with others. Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!

A little late but, Merry Christmas anyway. Tried a sample of it recently, the 2018 is just awesome, i really need to find a whole bottle. No luck yet though.

Enjoy and cheers! 

Will.

• I like it 1

On 1/7/2019 at 1:17 AM, 0895 said:

Very nice. 

7C6F95F0-5831-4B01-8EA5-533764D04ED1.jpeg

Need to re-up soon, mine is almost empty, hopefully, available where i live. Pretty complex and tasty for a low proofer, cheap too. Enjoy! 

Will.

On 12/26/2018 at 1:24 AM, Kepler said:

It is December 25th after all, so ... Happy Birthday to the Big Guy.

OFBB 2018

IMG_1705.JPG

Very nice. Im a little late, but i'm catching up. I've already wished you Merry Christmas anyway ;-))))) 

Cheers man! 

Will.

But I stated it with much more flair. ?

Um really essentially the same thing, one with a positive outlook and one not so much.

58 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Um really essentially the same thing, one with a positive outlook and one not so much.

He make joke.

• I like it 1

84CE255D-45C6-4ED9-B2DA-317DC67821E3.thumb.jpeg.193b5a359623e23790cc9618a14d4f96.jpeg

What do these taste like? I have passed a few, not sure on whether to pick up. I had bad experiences with Rowan’s creek, Noah’s mill, and anything Dickel.
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.