What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I located some Eagle Rare, which had been hard to come by recently in my area.  It was $25, so I grabbed two bottles.

• I like it 1

My last few Whiskey purchases, hope everyone enjoyed the holiday. 

y4mKLgS1fzFcTHVElKF6fwNzheqPgLb5xTblrOpLhm91R9VLaX8Np2OE5giefJyoyK1Q4hb0u88OYo27MvQr8dT9dfMHAc3vAyx6fIjLzsLEGQzy5oyBclnCvoOv_0m5sW3Czuh2oSphLQ5jHesIprApy6JV-0jkZPEt46wJ9cWNBhyMsKX2W_gIO4q2Ne_Hwmy?width=768&height=1024&cropmode=none

I can’t tell from the lighting, but is that the older version of the Longmorn 16? That’s an I nteresting Barrell Whiskey you found there too.

• I like it 2

4 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

I can’t tell from the lighting, but is that the older version of the Longmorn 16? That’s an I nteresting Barrell Whiskey you found there too.

It sure is, really happy to find it hanging around still. 

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

y4mKLgS1fzFcTHVElKF6fwNzheqPgLb5xTblrOpL

Out shopping Christmas Eve I saw that Parker’s Heritage in 2 stores. That’s the 1st and 2nd time I’ve seen a Parker’s in my area. I was afraid of the orangieness (?) and passed. Your palate is much more diverse than mine though. Tell me about that Barrell bottle. I haven’t seen that one. 

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

Out shopping Christmas Eve I saw that Parker’s Heritage in 2 stores. That’s the 1st and 2nd time I’ve seen a Parker’s in my area. I was afraid of the orangieness (?) and passed. Your palate is much more diverse than mine though. Tell me about that Barrell bottle. I haven’t seen that one. 

I'm pretty interested in trying this years Parker's, I'm hoping I dig it. The Barrell is a blend of 11 year TN bourbon finished in Rum and Port and a 10 year old IN Whiskey finished in Cabernet barrels, it sounds like a weird combination to me really but I have consistently enjoyed all of the Barrell stuff I've had and like this year's Parker's curiosity won out over my bank account. 

• I like it 2

I just hit the jackpot. You can imagine my excitement when I saw this sitting on the shelf!  And less than MSRP ($199.99) to boot!  Woo hoo. I never find unicorns

E8590F23-1642-49A7-924C-942EA4BCBC5A.jpeg

19A52DF9-9FDA-4750-8411-DF3CC5783DD2.jpeg

• I like it 14

42 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

I just hit the jackpot. You can imagine my excitement when I saw this sitting on the shelf!  And less than MSRP ($199.99) to boot!  Woo hoo. I never find unicorns

Cheers to that, enjoy i t!

1 hour ago, Curtis Reed said:

Awesome! You've given hope to the rest of us!  :lol:

23 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

y4mKLgS1fzFcTHVElKF6fwNzheqPgLb5xTblrOpL

I've really liked the Barrell Whiskey batches (and the bourbon ones too). Is this Dovetail release a one-off, or have they gone from numbered batches to named batches? Basically I am wondering if Dovetail is Barrell Whiskey batch 006 or something different? How much was it?

Edited by silverc

3 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

Good for you!  Great find.  But, in today's world, there was just that chance you got that for about $19,800 less than what they were asking!!  :D

• I like it 5

19 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Good for you!  Great find.  But, in today's world, there was just that chance you got that for about $19,800 less than what they were asking!!  :D

lol so true. I was relieved when I checked out and he said, “Two hundred and seventeen dollars and fourty six cents” instead of “twenty one thousand, three hundred and seventy two dollars and sixteen cents”

Edited by Curtis Reed

1 hour ago, silverc said:

I've really liked the Barrell Whiskey batches (and the bourbon ones too). Is this Dovetail release a one-off, or have they gone from numbered batches to named batches? Basically I am wondering if Dovetail is Barrell Whiskey batch 006 or something different? How much was it?

According to the presser in Whiskey Advocate retail is $90 though I paid $65 so YMMV.  It seems this is a line extension more than a replacement.

The wife bought this for me at the distillery gift shop. Their first limited run (3 barrels) of wheated bourbon and only available in the distillery gift shop.
IMG_0459.jpg
IMG_0460.jpg

• I like it 2

Once again my cousin delivers on his monthly mule trip up from the Motherland... He bought out two stores in OH that have become regular stops on the way.

Price has gone up though... Used to be $22/1.75  Now it's $27 and $16 for the 1L

AAA.jpg

Edited by JTaylor
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, JTaylor said:

Once again my cousin delivers on his monthly mule trip up from the Motherland... He bought out two stores in OH that have become regular stops on the way.

Price has gone up though... Used to be $22/1.75  Now it's $27 and $16 for the 1L

AAA.jpg

36 month age stated?

2 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

36 month age stated?

Not sure... I didn't look. Doesn't much matter as I drink it with Sprite but it's good enough to mix at like 50/50. It replaced MM as my mixer back when it was $22 / 1.75 which ironically was probably the 6 yo stuff... 

Edited by JTaylor

5 - BT store picks $24ea

3 - ER $30ea

1 - ER 1.75 $60

putting a little of the Christmas money I was blessed to receive to work. 

• I like it 2

The wife and I  welcomed William to the family today. LE season was better than imaginable this year but my wallet sure hopes it's over.

enhance

• I like it 11

Couldn't resist 2 bottles of KCSB State Picks and a bottle of WTRB all on sale. The KCSB where $37 each and the WTRB was $39 with zero tax here in NH!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.