What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

5 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

Yes, most definitely.

52 minutes ago, JTaylor said:

$200 & $159

Have we jumped the shark??

F67DBE7A-6892-4031-981C-623D934E2E4B.jpeg

For that kind of coin you can get some amazing scotch. But hey, you have to charge what you can get. If people are willing to pay, more power to them. I would not spend $200 on Stitzel Weller juice distilled by Pappy himself.

• I like it 1

$200 & $159
Have we jumped the shark??
F67DBE7A-6892-4031-981C-623D934E2E4B.thumb.jpeg.7e8194f86d1c5bd0be966ddd1a0f2fa4.jpeg

Fonzie has jumped the shark and we have a Laverne & Shirley spin-off.

Curiosity finally got the better of me and I grabbed a Belle Meade Cask Strength. All the love that it’s been getting here on SB finally wore me down.

• I like it 4

This was on my BIB hit list. Finally got it. Had a pour and like it. At $25 here, it needs to prove itself against my other BIB’s. 

I’m out of JTS Brown and JW Dant

so may have to wait a bit. I suppose I could try it against my EW, OGD, VOB, CEHT and JB.

45101EE2-C8B4-4154-A45B-6B90446B5CA0.jpeg

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, raymoall said:

This was on my BIB hit list. Finally got it. Had a pour and like it. At $25 here, it needs to prove itself against my other BIB’s. 

I’m out of JTS Brown and JW Dant

so may have to wait a bit. I suppose I could try it against my EW, OGD, VOB, CEHT and JB.

45101EE2-C8B4-4154-A45B-6B90446B5CA0.jpeg

It’s a nice pour. ETBIB also gets extra bang for the buck for being offered in a 1L.

• I like it 1

I got this for considerably less than retail by trading a liter of W12 (that I bought for $30 in June) plus $20. Of course I'm biased, but I came out clearly on the positive end of the trade. I enjoy wheaters, but not nearly as much as love what's coming out of Lawrenceburg. 

20190106_151924.jpg

• I like it 7

27 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

I got this for considerably less than retail by trading a liter of W12 (that I bought for $30 in June) plus $20. Of course I'm biased, but I came out clearly on the positive end of the trade. I enjoy wheaters, but not nearly as much as love what's coming out of Lawrenceburg. 

20190106_151924.jpg

I completely agree. I’ve never been able to find W12, however the OWA that I’ve had has never scratched my bourbon itch.

Wild Turkey on the other hand..

16 hours ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

This week’s vaca pickups 

B65F87CA-C15F-46F3-93A8-F611E4BB15CE.jpeg

Nice!  Although I do really hope you like the Chicken Cock (I was fortunate enough to try a sample of the Chicken Cock 10yr that they wanted $250 for, and was woefully disappointed).  Never tried the 8 yr 160th though.  Hope it is better!

On topic - picked up numerous minis to review later: Winchester Bourbon, Winchester Straight Bourbon, and Lazy River Kentucky Straight Bourbon (as well as some non-bourbons like Old Camp American Whiskey, Ellington Canadian Whisky, and Ellington Reserve 8yr Canadian Whisky).  

Nice!  Although I do really hope you like the Chicken Cock (I was fortunate enough to try a sample of the Chicken Cock 10yr that they wanted $250 for, and was woefully disappointed).  Never tried the 8 yr 160th though.  Hope it is better!

On topic - picked up numerous minis to review later: Winchester Bourbon, Winchester Straight Bourbon, and Lazy River Kentucky Straight Bourbon (as well as some non-bourbons like Old Camp American Whiskey, Ellington Canadian Whisky, and Ellington Reserve 8yr Canadian Whisky).  

Winchester? Please report back on your thoughts, very curious.

Got these in the tri-cities area in NE TN. The OF1910 is my 2nd bottle, the only time I've ever bought a 2nd bottle of any Old Forester/Brown Foreman product, except for OF Sig. It's quite good and my favorite of the Whiskey Row series. I was glad to see some 4R picks again (OBSF and OESK), as they seem to have dried up a lot lately, but the price has gone up to $75 from about $65.  The Barrell bourbons are batches 16 and 17.

IMG_8203.JPG

• I like it 5

7 hours ago, GaryT said:

I got it for $83.  They had a bar/grill, & if you spend $25 they give you 10% off in the in the store that’s connected.  The guy was super friendly & let me try a bunch of store picks they had, so I went ahead & grabbed it since they treated me so well.  Probably wouldn’t have picked it up if it weren’t for that.  Just something different to try.  

12 hours ago, GaryT said:

Somebody is hanging around TW&M a lot!?!  

Edited by GeeTen
Emoji no workee

53 minutes ago, NDN98 said:

Interested to hear your opinion this one.

Def some mixed reviews out there.

I told a buddy of mine I’d wait to crack it until he comes.  As soon as I do I’ll report back. ;)

• I like it 1

17 hours ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

I got it for $83.  They had a bar/grill, & if you spend $25 they give you 10% off in the in the store that’s connected.  The guy was super friendly & let me try a bunch of store picks they had, so I went ahead & grabbed it since they treated me so well.  Probably wouldn’t have picked it up if it weren’t for that.  Just something different to try.  

Wow - that is awesome!  Love owners that allow samples!  Have made several similar purchases in that light  - where I might not otherwise have bought something, but believe we vote with our dollars - and wanting to vote for owners that provide samples (or sometimes were just really friendly and helpful)!  Hopefully that good karma continues for ya! :)  

• I like it 1

On 1/6/2019 at 7:58 PM, HoustonNit said:

Winchester? Please report back on your thoughts, very curious.

Will do - assuming the 'great head cold of 2018' wraps up before spring of 2019 :(  

I have to admit - Gary's thread last month is what really pushed me to invest the whole $3 in the two bottles :lol:  I've tried their rye and was very underwhelmed - but hope to keep an open mind.  Hey - if I just listened to the haters, I'd have never tried AAA 10* (many were like "Oh, the AAA 10yr is special; the AAA 10* is trash"; I found in several blind SBS that I actually preferred the 10*).  

Y’all know I am ‘Mr. Anti LE’. But I had a pour of this at a bar and made it a point to get a bottle. 

2FF5A440-F3F2-46AE-B07A-9C92F6FF6EE2.jpeg

• I like it 7

Will do - assuming the 'great head cold of 2018' wraps up before spring of 2019 [emoji20]  

I have to admit - Gary's thread last month is what really pushed me to invest the whole $3 in the two bottles :lol:  I've tried their rye and was very underwhelmed - but hope to keep an open mind.  Hey - if I just listened to the haters, I'd have never tried AAA 10* (many were like "Oh, the AAA 10yr is special; the AAA 10* is trash"; I found in several blind SBS that I actually preferred the 10*).  

Yeah I really doubt this is going to lineup to Ancient Age 10*.

1 hour ago, Mako254 said:

Y’all know I am ‘Mr. Anti LE’. But I had a pour of this at a bar and made it a point to get a bottle. 

2FF5A440-F3F2-46AE-B07A-9C92F6FF6EE2.jpeg

I had 4oz. of this Friday night. It's really damn good. I'm not sure it's $200 good though.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.