What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6 hours ago, NDN98 said:

Well, I technically purchased these a couple weeks ago, but they arrived today!
IMG_0520.jpg

Did you purchase them over there and ship back, or buy here and customs took a while?

Second half of a trade. The #lawrenceburgmen tell me it comes highly recommended!

3E8240B6-FFDD-4281-ABBD-BFB6000E76A2.jpeg

• I like it 11

My wife gave me a bottle of EH Taylor Single Barrel for my birthday. It is fantastic.

Now if only I could find some EHT barrel proof my life would be complete. 

Edited by mal00768
  • I like it 2

20 hours ago, elmossle said:

Did you purchase them over there and ship back, or buy here and customs took a while?

The latter.

1 hour ago, Mako254 said:

Second half of a trade. The #lawrenceburgmen tell me it comes highly recommended!

They are correct of course.

So I said I wasn’t going to buy any bourbon for a couple weeks, because as you’ve seen in my posts here, I’ve went a little nuts lately.  Well my barber text me while I was on my way to see him that he’d stepped out to grab a bite real quick.  And to kill time, of course there’s a state store almost next door to him.  I walk in & there’s this little bottle filled with MGP goodness just sitting there.  I caved...

42B9B5A6-6055-42BE-B6DA-5606F1B9C56A.jpeg

• I like it 7

Finally decided to give the Michter's US1 Small Batch a try. Also picked up my first bottle of Bruichladdich "Classic Laddie".

On 1/8/2019 at 7:05 PM, Mako254 said:

Looks mighty dark!

On 1/8/2019 at 4:05 PM, Mako254 said:

Wow, I'd love to find one of these! Haven't seen it yet in my neck of the woods. How is it? 

On 1/8/2019 at 6:05 PM, Mako254 said:

What year is it and what on earth did you have to trade for that. Congrats.

I've only seen 1.75L FRYL in one store.  I actually didn't even know there was such a thing as family size FR.  I did the math, and one came home with me.  I might need to get at least one more for the bunker.

2 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

1ADA55DD-5084-423B-AB6C-D93599E083BC.thumb.jpeg.fa78768adc66fd847b05e4deabc599fb.jpeg

Some rye backups got mixed in there too. 

I like the haul.  New Riff is going places. The barrel proof is a great start and not too bad at $50 for a smaller distillery. I just bought one at 111.3 proof. Good stuff.

On 1/9/2019 at 1:05 AM, Mako254 said:

You're in for a treat, had a 1995 Split Label sample, liquid gold. Congrats!!!

Will.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

You're in for a treat, had a 1995 Split Label sample, liquid gold. Congrats!!!

Will.

Will,

mine is ‘95 as well. 

• I like it 1

25 minutes ago, Fullbuck said:

All at Costco except for the Stagg Jr. which  I got on trade from a buddy. 

F29E53C8-F1CD-40B2-B02B-508F10750FB8.jpeg

Nice pick ups!  I was at my local Costco and while they have upped their selections recently to include Knob Creek and EWSB, they never have anything like this.

4 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Nice pick ups!  I was at my local Costco and while they have upped their selections recently to include Knob Creek and EWSB, they never have anything like this.

This is from Costco in the east end of Louisville, I did notice the Old Foresters drastically depleted from where they were last week. They may be out by the weekend. 

Edited by Fullbuck

20 minutes ago, Fullbuck said:

This is from Costco in the east end of Louisville, I did notice the Old Foresters drastically depleted from where they were last week. They may be out by the weekend. 

I should be fair.  They did carry OF 1920 when it first came out.  Occasionally, they have Bookers.  But, normally, it is MM, EC, BH, RR10, WR, Hotel Tango and Kirkland.  

Eagle Rare x2, Stagg Jr Batch 11, and an Elmer T. Lee.

I was not looking for the ETL, but just could not resist.  Stocked up on the ER now for the wife, as that is her favorite.

Passed on regular Buffalo Trace today but saw a sign that said it was limit 1 per customer. Thought that was weird as they had a ton of it and it is literally in every store in town and stacked deep.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.