What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Golzee said:

David Nicholson 1843 for $18.99.  This is my go-to cheap wheated bourbon.  However, I think this particular liquor store has never corrected their price since Luxco rebranded and dropped the BIB.

Until recently we didn't get DN in NJ so I had bought a few bottes in CT for $25ish over the years as I like it as well, right before the holidays it started showing up in NJ and I've seen it priced as low as $19.99 so who knows what the price is supposed to be. Either way I was happily paying $25 and I'm even happier paying less!

Another solid day on the hunt. Came home with a OWA, BT, Blanton's that are all Loch & K(e)y Single Barrels. Also managed to sneak in a bottle of FRPS OBSV as well.

• I like it 2

No BTAC for now, didn't get lucky this year, but i can console myself with some MGP juice. Poor me ;-))) 

1855722843_SAOSlowproofok.thumb.jpg.7bc82317144ee89bbe6b126c714c0764.jpg

• I like it 8

Heard the buzz and took the bait. A little pricier here than what others seem to be getting it for, but figured at 100 proof and 5-6 years old, it was worth a shot.

After my first few sips, I’m giving it the benefit of the doubt, but not sure it fits my palate. 

Might drop in a small ice cube, too.

48673A38-EB81-4249-89BD-1AAD2C23FB08.jpeg

• I like it 1

enhance

I see you decided to buy yourself some FC6 this time!

The OE7 is good stuff too if you haven’t tried it yet. What did it cost you in your area?

20 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

I see you decided to buy yourself some FC6 this time!

The OE7 is good stuff too if you haven’t tried it yet. What did it cost you in your area?

I had the 750FC but saw this 1.75 today.. may go get another next week since they had 3 more. You still have enough?

Ive had the OE7 in the older label bottle. Really liked it and wanted to bunker a few before theyre gone forever. It took some searching and driving but found these three and im going back for some of the old label next week. Its quite a blow to have this and HHBIB gone in the same few months. They were still $21.99 luckily. One place was charging $45 and another $28. 

• I like it 1

I had the 750FC but saw this 1.75 today.. may go get another next week since they had 3 more. You still have enough?
Ive had the OE7 in the older label bottle. Really liked it and wanted to bunker a few before theyre gone forever. It took some searching and driving but found these three and im going back for some of the old label next week. Its quite a blow to have this and HHBIB gone in the same few months. They were still $21.99 luckily. One place was charging $45 and another $28. 

I’m good on my stocks of FC6. I passed on some OE7 at $20.99 today in south MS, since I have several already. I picked up a few bottles of the new Old Ezra BP a couple weeks ago too, so I think I’m good on OE for now, but I could change my mind in the future and hit up the stores that I know still have some. I was stupid, and kept putting off buying extra bottles of HHBIB until it was too late, so I’ve only got a couple of bottles. Fortunately, I like the HH90 6yo almost as much, but I probably need to stock up on those too before they disappear.
  • I like it 1

Some good thing coming in. Found a 2018 Stagg, a 2017 back up, 2 EHTBP 129.7 and 135.4 and a HHBiB 6yo. Also a bunch of nice samples. 

Also scored a 2012 GTS in a trade, I’ll get it on Monday at work, I love the Belgian Postal service. Pictures will follow if course. Cheers! 

Ps : trying to get my hands on a Mic Drop, still in the negotiation phase. To be continued........

Will.

• I like it 5

I gotta say, the recent love given to the Volunteer state here is well deserved.  I passed through this week and came out with this haul, after only making two stops.:)

91524F9F-1CAB-4265-A9D2-FEFCC9BA734F.jpeg

Edited by Paddy
  • I like it 8

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

I gotta say, the recent love given to the Volunteer state here is well deserved.  I passed through this week and came out with this haul, after only making two stops.:)

You stopped in a random store and came away with a GTS?  I guess if you were buying a ton of other stuff it makes sense 

After all my bluster about not going for the W107 the wife didn’t want to go grocery shopping so I took one for the team and also hit up my store. $19.99 on the Wellers. May be the last ones I ever buy if this increase is for real.

The JD is a store pick and just incredible whiskey. Loads of brown sugar and depth with dangerously little heat. They recently got another barrel that is just meh so when I was told they still had a previous bottle left that someone did not pick up I HAD to buy it. 

2019 thinning bunker. 3 steps forward, 2.75 steps back. . . And so it goes

55593595-CF50-47A6-AB08-1461771D80F1.jpeg

• I like it 3

Stopped into a local store and found a lonely Stagg Jr.  Grabbed it blindly and later discovered it's a batch 9. 

Not sure why or how it ended up on a shelf today but I'm not complaining.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, bourbon-n00b said:

Stopped into a local store and found a lonely Stagg Jr.  Grabbed it blindly and later discovered it's a batch 9. 

Not sure why or how it ended up on a shelf today but I'm not complaining.

Had similar luck today. Went to the LS looking for a 116.8 Rare Breed and ended up with that and and a Stagg Jr. Batch 9. Stopped by another store on the way home , and they had several batch 7s for $55. Passed on that, but would love to hear the community's thoughts on Batch 7. 

After all my bluster about not going for the W107 the wife didn’t want to go grocery shopping so I took one for the team and also hit up my store. $19.99 on the Wellers. May be the last ones I ever buy if this increase is for real.

The JD is a store pick and just incredible whiskey. Loads of brown sugar and depth with dangerously little heat. They recently got another barrel that is just meh so when I was told they still had a previous bottle left that someone did not pick up I HAD to buy it. 

2019 thinning bunker. 3 steps forward, 2.75 steps back. . . And so it goes
55593595-CF50-47A6-AB08-1461771D80F1.thumb.jpeg.dfa9ec65a986811328149d70281eab68.jpeg

That’s an incredible price on OWA! I think the lowest I’ve ever paid was $24 several years ago. It’s been mostly around $30 in my area the last few years...of course there were also a few price gougers that priced it at $40 to $50. Unfortunately, the most recent sale prices have jumped to $50 in line with the new Sazerac price increase.

56 minutes ago, Kepler said:

It was abotut a week ago, but picked up some WT 101, as if I didn't have enough already.

There is never enough.

#lawrenceburgcult

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, flahute said:

There is never enough.

#lawrenceburgcult

Of course I can't argue.  I can always count on you to talk some sense into me!

9 hours ago, Paddy said:

Your going to have to tell us if that GTS was even close to retail or not. Depending on the location in TN, I'm going to guess it was in the $160 range, which I would have most certainly pulled the trigger as well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.