What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Pic#3. Not a herd, but this big boy was walking done the road as we came around a curve. This is also at Yellowstone National Park.

herd3.jpeg

They are one helluva beast, aren't they, Joe?   I'm also  fan.   ...Of the distillery and the actual beasties.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

They are one helluva beast, aren't they, Joe?   I'm also  fan.   ...Of the distillery and the actual beasties.

Went to login to my laptop tonight and this was the login screen!

20190210_173512-1612x784.jpg

• I like it 1

59 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Went to login to my laptop tonight and this was the login screen!

20190210_173512-1612x784.jpg

Ahhh, SYNCHRONICITY!    Happens once in a while, and always a small mind-blow.   Fun, huh?

New to the site. Here are my last couple purchases.
Camped out with a buddy last month for my counties BTAC release and Whiskey events. Camped out and was able to get some ORVW and a BT store pick.
IMG_2290.jpg
Been getting more into things lately and learned that Bowman uses BT distillate. Saw they came out with a new port finish and saw great reviews of their original limited release a couple years back so I went to grab a bottle saw saw the latest ECBP and couldn’t pass it up.
IMG_2329.jpg

• I like it 3

Did a quick weekend trip to Bardstown and came back with a few bottles.  The primary purpose of the trip was to attend a dinner event at Maker's Mark that was showcasing the food that Newman Miller made for the current Top Chef season in episode 2.  I've done dinner events at Maker's before and they always knock it out of the park and this dinner was the best one yet.  Here is a pic of the weekend's haul...

WeekendHaulFeb2019.thumb.jpg.37678e5deb4e55596ffa825f73b04c1a.jpg

Edited by ThirstyinOhio
  • I like it 5

Did a quick weekend trip to Bardstown and came back with a few bottles.  The primary purpose of the trip was to attend a dinner event at Maker's Mark that was showcasing the food that Newman Miller made for the current Top Chef season in episode 2.  I've done dinner events at Maker's before and they always knock it out of the park and this dinner was the best one yet.  Here is a pic of the weekend's haul...

[emoji47]

Looks like you made up for not being able to snag many bottles of Willet at KBF!

16 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Whats the age on the willett(s). Can i go with next time?

The Willetts are 15yr barrel #1215, 16 year barrels #1566, #1578, #3676, and 7 year #9499 bourbons along with the 4 year ryes (not in the order pictured)

Edited by ThirstyinOhio

25 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

$46.99 at TW

That's a great price. I'd pick up two or three if I saw it offered at that price in my area. 

I now believe that my buying is very reasonable and firmly under control.
  • I like it 15

11 minutes ago, BigRich said:

I now believe that my buying is very reasonable and firmly under control.

Knowing what those Willetts cost these days I almost don't feel bad about my spending.

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, 0895 said:

This little gem showed up in the mail over the weekend. 

Probably open it next month for my birthday!

I’m gonna be proactive here. Vosgar has informed me that I’m once again relegated to the presidency of the CRS Club. :huh: This has been seemingly seconded by my nephew (in-law) Galvin0791. I’m gonna wish you a happy birthday now, ‘cause I Can’t Remember S**t!  Happy Birthday and enjoy. Uhhhhhh, who are you again?  Nuff’ said.......

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, ThirstyinOhio said:

Sweet Jesus.  I don’t feel bad for buying 5-6 bottles a week now.

did you get those all from the distillery shops?

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I’m gonna be proactive here. Vosgar has informed me that I’m once again relegated to the presidency of the CRS Club. :huh: This has been seemingly seconded by my nephew (in-law) Galvin0791. I’m gonna wish you a happy birthday now, ‘cause I Can’t Remember S**t!  Happy Birthday and enjoy. Uhhhhhh, who are you again?  Nuff’ said.......

Biba! Joe

Thank you sir. 

Ill probably bring it up again next month. 

How old am I again?

*sigh*

10 hours ago, ThirstyinOhio said:

I can not make out the two rows of smaller bottles on the left, and the single bottle on the far right?

13 hours ago, AndyD said:

Sweet Jesus.  I don’t feel bad for buying 5-6 bottles a week now.

did you get those all from the distillery shops?

No, only the rye came from the Willett gift shop

8 hours ago, PaulO said:

I can not make out the two rows of smaller bottles on the left, and the single bottle on the far right?

The two rows on the left are the Woodford Bottled in Bond and Woodford Double Double Oaked (which I really like).  The small bottle on the right is from WT and part of the bourbon barons series, the same series that the Bond & Lillard and Old Rippy were a part of, and I don't expect it to be very good but I liked the label so I bought it.

20 hours ago, ThirstyinOhio said:

Damn! What a HAUL! Enjoy!

First time seeing 1792BIB in NJ. Got

it for $30, as I think they priced it at the regular small batch price. 

• I like it 3

Hey gang. Checking in. I was kind of locked out of the site for awhile (it appears to have resolved), so haven’t been posting much (or at all), but anticipate being around more frequently now that I can log in again ?

Anyway, this was a good topic for my first return post. My favorite local held a special event sale today for their top 200 or so customers, offering a bunch of hard-to-find to some not-so-hard-to-find whiskeys. I got there later than I hoped, so I missed out on what I really wanted: Nikka from the Barrel for $80. He only had three of them and they were the first three bottles to go. Passed on Blood Oath Pact 4, HWMWND and the BH Dark Rye. But picked up one of the 2019 ECBPs and a OWA107. Better yet, by showing up for the morning sale, we were entered into a drawing for opportunity to buy some other stuff, and I happened to get picked for a W12 as well.

First time I’ve had both W12 and OWA107 simultaneously in a long while, so may have to try that famous blend from around these parts... 

• I like it 3

3 minutes ago, KyleCBreese said:

First time seeing 1792BIB in NJ. Got

it for $30, as I think they priced it at the regular small batch price. 

I also purchased a bottle of this today. Just not in NJ.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.