What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I stopped by Liquor Barn on my way home.  They had a shelf full of te LL/GG at$25.88with a $300 WT coupon.   Not bad.  The other one I had not seen before but at 125.8 proof, why not.  Cheers!

B7B8C1D3-7B5B-48B5-962A-BFEB66703FEE.thumb.jpeg.05c923d385dbad4e508bde28d237c1c8.jpeg

• I like it 2

I stopped by Liquor Barn on my way home.  They had a shelf full of te LL/GG at$25.88with a $300 WT coupon.   Not bad.  The other one I had not seen before but at 125.8 proof, why not.  Cheers!

B7B8C1D3-7B5B-48B5-962A-BFEB66703FEE.thumb.jpeg.05c923d385dbad4e508bde28d237c1c8.jpeg

Curious what you think of the batch proof, don’t think anyone has posted on this that I recall.

Jeez, I’m supposed to be looking for 101 batch codes now?  

Yeah where you been? I actually did the search this weekend but could only find a liter bottle. I need to kill some bottles before I buy more.
  • I like it 2

Mrs PG asked me to pick up some blueberry flavored beer for her while I was out and about and a funny thing happened on my way to the cash register. A bottle of ECBP C918 found its way into my right hand. It must have been lonely for its cousin that I bought recently. Does that qualify for respecting family values?

• I like it 3

10 hours ago, beasled said:

Those 13s are a bit low proof for you these days, no? ;)

They are not for me ;-)) 

Will.

9 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Nice job.

thx man, pretty happy about this haul, more coming in ;-)))

On February 16, 2019 at 9:16 PM, Bob_Loblaw said:

Last W107 buy before price goes up. I’m not a buyer at $50. Store pick maybe, but no longer something I would seek out anymore.  Took a flyer on the Bulliet. 

3A77F0FC-4898-4091-856A-7D4C8667F9DF.jpeg

Is there any taste difference in VOBBIB and the Crafted you have?

2 hours ago, cdcdguy said:

Is there any taste difference in VOBBIB and the Crafted you have?

Those bottles look like the BIB to me.  Look right above the words "very old".

Edited by Carnagusfarnbuckler

These are my purchases from my last two trips out. With the price increases that I have seen on HM 10yr I couldn't pass up the $29.99 price. 

image.png.a50136a23c6d826d77eece21fa24b0d3.png

• I like it 2

enhance

A friend picked this up for me a year ago. I finally got it unharmed yesterday! That's a good friend. 

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

enhance

A friend picked this up for me a year ago. I finally got it unharmed yesterday! That's a good friend. 

Great friend indeed, that's a nice one, enjoy! Please, open that stagg ;-))))

• I like it 1

Text blast for a 25% off your purchase today.  What can I say, i’m a victim of marketing,?

Six of the rye for the bunker and two old dusties I couldn’t say no to.

7B945FCC-17AD-473A-8E16-7BD765E5E492.thumb.jpeg.02f7895cd6d4b8cf21701a9796a1127f.jpeg

Edited by markandrex
Can’t type for shit
  • I like it 1

21 hours ago, Carnagusfarnbuckler said:

Those bottles look like the BIB to me.  Look right above the words "very old".

You are correct. Those are BIB. I was only looking at the neck label which I guess always said crafted. My bad. The new labels will not say bottled in bond.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, markandrex said:

Text blast for a 25% off your purchase today.  What can I say, i’m a victim of marketing,?

Six of the rye for the bunker and two old dusties I couldn’t say no to.

7B945FCC-17AD-473A-8E16-7BD765E5E492.thumb.jpeg.02f7895cd6d4b8cf21701a9796a1127f.jpeg

What's up with the forgiven?  I haven't seen that before (only been into bourbon a few months though)....

Held out as long as I could. It has been at least a whole week since I last made a bourbon purchase. That was broken today with two bottles of WT Rare Breed on sale. I hope to do more damage to the credit card tomorrow. Stay tuned.

11 hours ago, afmadd said:

What's up with the forgiven?  I haven't seen that before (only been into bourbon a few months though)....

It's a Rye/Bourbon blend they released two bottlings of it in 2013 and 2014 IIRC. The "Story" is an employee accidentally dumped Rye and Bourbon into the same vatting and since it tasted good they were "Forgiven". I have a bottle of each batch, they are decent but would have been better at a higher proof or lower price point. 

• I like it 1

13 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

It's a Rye/Bourbon blend they released two bottlings of it in 2013 and 2014 IIRC. The "Story" is an employee accidentally dumped Rye and Bourbon into the same vatting and since it tasted good they were "Forgiven". I have a bottle of each batch, they are decent but would have been better at a higher proof or lower price point. 

2013-14? Wow. I still see them on the shelf and had no idea of the story except that it was a bourbon/rye blend. Never had enough curiosity to pull the trigger because of the price. 

• I like it 1

Just now, Charlutz said:

2013-14? Wow. I still see them on the shelf and had no idea of the story except that it was a bourbon/rye blend. Never had enough curiosity to pull the trigger because of the price. 

I bought the first batch out of curiosity but bought the second on clearance, pretty sure the first pour I had of it was in a flight at the Brown Hotel in 2013 but it could have been 2014. So I might be off by a year, I suppose I could figure it out with a little Googling...

Nothing fancy, but was surprised to see a store with a bunch of JB Distiller’s Cut on the shelf, so I picked up a couple at $24 to pad out my roster. Fantastic stuff for the price IMO. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.