What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 3/12/2019 at 8:11 PM, HoustonNit said:

I’m ready for retirement and bourbon cream in my coffee.

Retirement is the end of the year so the bourbon cream in coffee is reserved for weekends. ;) 

• I like it 1

23 hours ago, Postal Grunt said:

I picked up a KCSiB SP that Gurgalunas gave a tip on. 14 YO at about $43. Liquor department manager gave me a small sip in a paper cup before I left the register and it's good, really good. The bottle has a date on Saturday for quality control purposes. Too much rain and too many barometric pressure changes right now due to a nasty front passing through here for a thorough analysis.

I caved in on that resolution this afternoon. Some bottles are just asking for a chance to breathe. 

Found a few “dusties” today that I overlooked in the past when I visited the same store. The liter WT101 was the only one, but there are a few more 200ml bottles that I might go back for. I’ve never tried the WT80 before, but there are a few more of the WT80 liter bottles and some 750ml and 375ml bottles as well. You can probably see that I’ve already opened the 200ml bottle to see if I want to go back for more...not bad...I may have to swing by that store again sometime soon.
IMG_0066.jpg

• I like it 5

These came in today.  Now to put them somewhere safe until their time to be opened arrives. 

2FC63E53-7F7C-44EA-B7C1-19A6EAFB4131.jpeg

• I like it 5

On 3/12/2019 at 7:09 PM, HoustonNit said:

Haven’t heard much positive on the Cooper’s Craft

On 3/12/2019 at 7:53 PM, Richnimrod said:

Don't get your hopes up too high on that Cooper's Craft.   

Not big on CC either, but I’m gonna pick up one of the Barrel Reserve when I finally come across one.  I haven’t seen anyone post anything about that one yet either. 

The Jeff’s Twin Oak AL ABC Bicentennial pick came out this morning.  There were people lined up about 50 deep to pick up a ABC Blanton’s pick this morning 30 min before the state store opened.  I went back later in the afternoon & the Jeff’s was left so I just grabbed it. 

CCA443D2-6DA4-4F54-9758-4EEAAC03AD06.jpeg

• I like it 3

Last two weeks worth of pick ups

Eagle rare is is good but that blade and bow....... it may be a bottle or two of it before I open up anything else

C933AA1B-F2FF-420B-B10C-0A5080D585CC.jpeg

Edited by TehRegion219
No comments
  • I like it 2

I finally broke down today and grabbed a Jos A Magnus. I tasted it a smokinjoe ‘s a while ago and I was really impressed. Not sure I’m $100 a bottle impressed but impressed enough for further study.

Stopped by a small local....and he has holding a W12 for me at a small markup.  While I was there grabbed the last HM 10 off the shelf.  Yea!

6 minutes ago, hollywood said:

That'll pick your "spirit" up! 

They’re apparently old store picks. We’ll see how it is. There were two others from the same batch on the shelf. 

As I've mentioned many times, I love most of the offerings out of the WT camp! I feel pretty sure you'll feel like it doesn't disappoint!  Rare Breed, and 12YR are 1st rate as well! Enjoy!

Talked myself into a WTMK Revival this week.  Although going to be extra careful not to open the damn thing anywhere near my Glencairn after a previous mishap (that topper is too hefty for the job IMHO).

An OGD BIB and Jackie’s PS 1792 Single Barrel for me today.  Love this barrel of 1792.

Couple of slightly dusties - Little Rock has been good for slightly dusties so far.

JBSC12yr & JBDS (7yr), both x2

Resizer_15526149529520.jpg

• I like it 2

Widow Jane 10 year.  I think there is some mint and dill on the nose.  Pretty tasty, but pricey. 

5 hours ago, hollywood said:

That'll pick your "spirit" up! 

Here’s my nights pick ups.. A trio out of the EW camp.. Nothing too fancy, but prices are so high here in AL that I was glad to get the 3 for under $90. I’d posted in another thread that I’d blended some EWB with WT101 much to my delight.. My EWB is normally reserved for mixing cocktails etc, but with my recent found success I’d forgtten my fondness for some of the EW line.. I’ve had 2 of the these 3 prior, but never the BIB so looking forward to that.. Anyone with their thoughts on it feel free to chime in...

9BE42B52-E325-464F-9E1B-10A5135DB09E.jpeg

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, Supercharger said:

They’re apparently old store picks. We’ll see how it is. There were two others from the same batch on the shelf. 

From a Chicago area store that shares the name of a fat cartoon cat by chance? I picked one up yesterday of the same (if so), after enjoying the one I picked up when they first arrived years back. May pick up one more if they still have some left.

11 hours ago, hollywood said:

Here’s my nights pick ups.. A trio out of the EW camp.. Nothing too fancy, but prices are so high here in AL that I was glad to get the 3 for under $90. I’d posted in another thread that I’d blended some EWB with WT101 much to my delight.. My EWB is normally reserved for mixing cocktails etc, but with my recent found success I’d forgtten my fondness for some of the EW line.. I’ve had 2 of the these 3 prior, but never the BIB so looking forward to that.. Anyone with their thoughts on it feel free to chime in...

The EW BiB is my favorite of the three.  Great as a mixer but decent neat.  If the SiB were also 100 proof, I'd probably put that first since it's older barrels.  But 86 proof just doesn't pack enough flavor for me.   But the best thing about the BiB is the value.  My local Safeway has it all the time for $13.99/750 plus 10% off six or more bottles... 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.