What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Yes. 

And what is your impression of it?

30 minutes ago, Bourbon Air Tours said:

And what is your impression of it?

It was good. 

1 hour ago, Bourbon Air Tours said:

Liquor Barn in Kentucky has a bar where you can take a pour of about everything they have available. My brother-in-law tried the Kentucky Owl and was not impressed. He said we can bo much better for less $$. Anyone here try it yet?

The rye? Maybe try the rye forum. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Bourbon Air Tours said:

Liquor Barn in Kentucky has a bar where you can take a pour of about everything they have available. My brother-in-law tried the Kentucky Owl and was not impressed. He said we can bo much better for less $$. Anyone here try it yet?

Your B-I-L is spot on correct regarding their bourbon. 

I did buy a case of the batch one rye. 

That stuff is special. 

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, 0895 said:

Your B-I-L is spot on correct regarding their bourbon. 

I did buy a case of the batch one rye. 

That stuff is special. 

I couldn’t tell if it was rye or bourbon, as it was locked up in the special whiskey “glass closet” next to the $$High Roller$$ spirits   

I found a couple KY Owl Batch 1 ryes in FL for $140 ea.  Ran out of the store with them feeling like I stole something.  Funny enough, I still haven’t cracked either of them lol.  

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

I found a couple KY Owl Batch 1 ryes in FL for $140 ea.  Ran out of the store with them feeling like I stole something.  Funny enough, I still haven’t cracked either of them lol.  

Get on with it. 

Youre missing out. 

:)

Not a huge Beam guy, but I’ve heard a few good things with this one and thought I’d diverse the bunker some with this addition.. shows bottled in 01/14.. I don’t know if this makes it any more desirable then some, but he had one more bottle that stated a ‘15 bottling date.. If that hits anyone in the right spot feel free to reach out. :) 

30E2026D-163A-4A8C-BDDB-CEEA71F6C661.jpeg

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

Get on with it. 

Youre missing out. 

:)

Lol well I’ve had it before, which is why I bought it.  You’re right regardless. ;)

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, hollywood said:

Not a huge Beam guy, but I’ve heard a few good things with this one and thought I’d diverse the bunker some with this addition.. shows bottled in 01/14.. I don’t know if this makes it any more desirable then some, but he had one more bottle that stated a ‘15 bottling date.. If that hits anyone in the right spot feel free to reach out. :) 

30E2026D-163A-4A8C-BDDB-CEEA71F6C661.jpeg

I like the Beam Single barrel's they get lost in the shuffle a but with some of the other Beam labels, but I tend to pick these up when I find the on sale. 

19 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I like the Beam Single barrel's they get lost in the shuffle a but with some of the other Beam labels, but I tend to pick these up when I find the on sale. 

Thanks for sharing.. Is there any years and/or barrels that have received more acclaim for being ideal.. Too much variation to distinguish?

Just now, hollywood said:

Thanks for sharing.. Is there any years and/or barrels that have received more acclaim for being ideal.. Too much variation to distinguish?

I don't think they have received enough attention or have had the availability on the shelf for people to get that granular on them. Around here they seem to be more common in super markets than in stand alone liquor stores. They tend to hang around for a while so I'm guessing I've bought bottes from the same barrel on occasion not even relizing it. Haven't had a bad botte but also haven't seen any remarkable deviation in profile from one to another either. 

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

I don't think they have received enough attention or have had the availability on the shelf for people to get that granular on them. Around here they seem to be more common in super markets than in stand alone liquor stores. They tend to hang around for a while so I'm guessing I've bought bottes from the same barrel on occasion not even relizing it. Haven't had a bad botte but also haven't seen any remarkable deviation in profile from one to another either. 

KB, thank you for the in depth reply! ;) 

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, hollywood said:

KB, thank you for the in depth reply! ;) 

And here I thought I kept this one brief ;)

1 minute ago, kevinbrink said:

And here I thought I kept this one brief ;)

Ahhhh... it's not the length of the reply, but the info within... Idk, maybe Confucious said that or something.. Lol. 

• I like it 1

On 3/22/2019 at 4:53 PM, AJ_Quinones said:

I found this at my local store 20190322_175137.jpeg

I heard about this one. Pretty cool idea. I’m hoping to find one to give it a try? What is the price of this one if you don’t mind me asking?

A coworker picked me up an EW12 at the EW Bourbon Experience. I had asked him to stop in and check to see what they had. He was gonna give me a call. Instead he just grabbed that one. A bit pricey for what it is but I've heard good things about it.

20190325_141707-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 2

7 minutes ago, Clueby said:

A coworker picked me up an EW12 at the EW Bourbon Experience. I had asked him to stop in and check to see what they had. He was gonna give me a call. Instead he just grabbed that one. A bit pricey for what it is but I've heard good things about it.

20190325_141707-784x1613.jpg

EW12? Nice.. It’s got my intrigue.. I’ve never seen it here, thus never had.. Anxious to hear your thoughts on it in respect to the others out of the EW camp. Thx!

5 minutes ago, hollywood said:

EW12? Nice.. It’s got my intrigue.. I’ve never seen it here, thus never had.. Anxious to hear your thoughts on it in respect to the others out of the EW camp. Thx!

It was a Japan only offering and now only offered stateside at the EWBE or the HH gift shop afaik.

8 minutes ago, Clueby said:

It was a Japan only offering and now only offered stateside at the EWBE or the HH gift shop afaik.

Lol, the story of my life.. 

6 hours ago, JSpartan said:

I heard about this one. Pretty cool idea. I’m hoping to find one to give it a try? What is the price of this one if you don’t mind me asking?

Retail on Legent is $35-$40

37 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Retail on Legent is $35-$40

Yep. Saw a slew of it today at $34.99 in the two stores I walked through. 

Grabbed a CEHT SmB to replace one I’ll kill by the end of the week. 

• I like it 1

B4818FC1-BDA1-4CB9-844F-5728F84EFD58.thumb.jpeg.2694c826870253ed2f44cffcc9afc749.jpeg

First European OWA store pick ever, I have a second coming in, so I’m gonna open this one tonight. 

Will.

• I like it 6

11 hours ago, Clueby said:

And isn't the US price around $125?

A SAOS 7/99 Sarah bottle and a HW Double Rye finished in a Barreled Manhattan barrel.

Delighted with both purchases, but I will admit that the SAOS Sarah bottle was the cherry!

95B6037E-01B6-473A-A99F-7EEEE04B6CF2.jpeg

24699BE1-EDD4-4BE5-BB73-11491C0AC260.jpeg

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.