What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 3/22/2019 at 7:47 PM, JGriff said:

Don’t know much about this stuff. Just see everyone posting bottles. $24.  [OE 101 7YR picture deleted to save space/ H]

FWIW, I have squirreled away a few of these for opening and sipping on while cleaning up the yard in the Fall.  I get a whiff of mushroom, leaf mold, black dirt, and visions of evenings sitting by a fire whenever I sip.  The sipping is a bonus.

Picked up a Blaum Brothers 12 year and a WTRB yesterday. Haven’t had the RB in about a year. Bought the last bottle for $28 and distributor raised prices significantly. My store finally caved as both me and the owner were craving . $43 now :( Still, so good. Trying it over ice today as it’s only 2pm. 

56BC8017-84B1-49B6-AC97-F6BA133244EB.jpeg

Picked up a Blaum Brothers 12 year and a WTRB yesterday. Haven’t had the RB in about a year. Bought the last bottle for $28 and distributor raised prices significantly. My store finally caved as both me and the owner were craving . $43 now [emoji20] Still, so good. Trying it over ice today as it’s only 2pm. 
56BC8017-84B1-49B6-AC97-F6BA133244EB.thumb.jpeg.cc2935dc953874f3359b64d0c30036d5.jpeg

If you don’t mind me asking, what did the Blaum Bros. 12yr (I assume cask strength) set you back? I picked one up earlier this week at retail at the almost ridiculous price of $99. I wouldn’t ordinarily be willing to pay that much, but the other Blaum Bros. 10 and 11yr that I’ve had (MGP sourced) have been pretty darn good, and I paid that for the 11 yr old that was a private selection and cask strength.

15 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

If you don’t mind me asking, what did the Blaum Bros. 12yr (I assume cask strength) set you back? I picked one up earlier this week at retail at the almost ridiculous price of $99. I wouldn’t ordinarily be willing to pay that much, but the other Blaum Bros. 10 and 11yr that I’ve had (MGP sourced) have been pretty darn good, and I paid that for the 11 yr old that was a private selection and cask strength.

$90. It’s pricey, but like you said the juice has been very good. Quite possibly my favorite pour from last year.  I had the chance to buy as much as I wanted of an 11 yr store pick at $72 and did not know enough to pull the trigger. Big regret, but at least I got 2 of em.  I’d be a buyer at $99 and per my store this run is the last of the MGP juice Blaum has. 

• I like it 1

I'll be headed down to The Motherland in a couple of weeks, yet I keep buying stuff here. I just can't help myself. :unsure: Below are a couple of pics of my purchases over the last 8 or 10 days.

Pic #1. One Weller SR @$29.99, one BT @ $21.59, 2 BT private selections @$24.99, and a MMCS for $49.99

Pic #2. What I picked up for the gazebo table in Bardstown in a couple of weeks. 4 @ .99 each. ;)

Biba! Joe

a1.jpeg

a2.jpeg

• I like it 3

10 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Pic #2. What I picked up for the gazebo table in Bardstown in a couple of weeks. 4 @ .99 each. ;)

Biba! Joe

a2.jpeg

OOOOOOOOH!    GOOOODDY!   :lol:     I hardly ever get Fireball up here.... in fact, I don't think I've ever actually tasted it.     I c'nardly wait, Joe!   ;)

44 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I'll be headed down to The Motherland in a couple of weeks, yet I keep buying stuff here. I just can't help myself. :unsure: Below are a couple of pics of my purchases over the last 8 or 10 days.

Pic #1. One Weller SR @$29.99, one BT @ $21.59, 2 BT private selections @$24.99, and a MMCS for $49.99

Biba! Joe

a1.jpeg

a2.jpeg

That Fireball won't impress me.  You're not going to get good reviews from me.

14 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

That Fireball won't impress me.  You're not going to get good reviews from me.

What can I say? I had a really hard time choosing between the Fireball and Southern Comfort. ^_^

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

What can I say? I had a really hard time choosing between the Fireball and Southern Comfort. [emoji5]

Biba! Joe

Wait ‘til you see what I’m bringing! [emoji6] I’m sure it will loathed equally, but curious minds gotta know! I actually like fireball occasionally, but I have to water it down with better whiskey. [emoji3]
  • I like it 1

9 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

What can I say? I had a really hard time choosing between the Fireball and Southern Comfort. ^_^

Biba! Joe

EEEWWWWW!    :o   Southern Comfort?    :wacko:   I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.       I think bringing the Fireball might be the better choice, Joe.   Good on ya' I guess.

13 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

a1.jpeg

a2.jpeg

Ohhhh, if only I could put my trip off a few weeks I'd bring along some Mad Dog 20/20 to have a REAL GOOD TIME!   Or does anybody know where to score some dusty Ripple?

13 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Wait ‘til you see what I’m bringing! emoji6.png I’m sure it will loathed equally, but curious minds gotta know! I actually like fireball occasionally, but I have to water it down with better whiskey. emoji3.png

I’m bringing the Malort!!!

:D

42 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Malort huh?  ^_^ I just happen to know a store here that has a couple of bottles. :wacko::ph34r::angry::(  FWIW, there are occasional times when I really do miss the puke emoji. :unsure:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

[emoji3]

I’ve never tried that, so I’m curious to taste it. Who knows, since I like Gammel Dansk, a Danish Bitter, I may actually like it.

Picked up a W12 for $47. Lucked into it somewhat. The store sent out an email to the top 20% of buyers on their rewards program about putting out a case of ECBP, but the sender accidentally clicked the wrong group and sent it to the whole rewards program. Worked out for me, because I probably wouldn’t have bought the ECBP anyway, as I’m still nursing a bottle of the same batch and have a few others bunkered. Anyhow, to make up for the oopsie he re-emailed the 20% group offering one of either W12 or OWA, and I gladly snapped one up.

I was chatting with the employee who checked me out as to why the OWA is being sold for more than the W12, at $52 for the OWA. Seems backwards. He told me the state warehouse raised the price for retailers on both, and the store markup has not changed. So I guess I’ll have to get used to $47 for the W12 (though that has got to be close to my limit), and probably won’t be buying much more OWA in state.

7 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

That stuff is waaaaay beyond nasty!!

Picked up a 1792 small batch. Spotted a cream of Kentucky as well as an old protero in the lock up. Both north of $125

Found a bottle of 4R PS OBSQ @ 11Y/2M for $70 + tax and bought it.  I've never tried the OBSQ so I thought, "What the heck?" It's got good age for these days.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, kemosabe said:

Found a bottle of 4R PS OBSQ @ 11Y/2M for $70 + tax and bought it.  I've never tried the OBSQ so I thought, "What the heck?" It's got good age for these days.

I would have snagged that one too.  And, it's a good price.  It's now $80 or more out here. 

On 3/22/2019 at 5:15 AM, vismatt said:

Was in Japan last week and picked these up.

Planning on doing a side by side tasting with friends of the various Blantons bottles.  

bourbon.jpg

Hi Vismatt, Am currently in Tokyo and looking for SFTB, May I ask which store you went to? Many thanks. liquors hasegawa has “only” the black and gold. 

Edited by Axg
Add sentence
  • I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.