What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Turns out they had OF1915. Neither of us has had it, so I called an audible and grabbed one for him and one for myself for $60 per

If you're a fan of OF then I don't think you can go wrong with the OF1915. The thick, dark liquid is simply gorgeous in the glass and the bourbon doesn't disappoint on the nose or the pallet.

I lucked out recently and a local grocery store had it for $49... Bought 3 and left a few for the next OF drinker!

7 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Was heading to the ABC to grab a bottle of OF Statesman for a buddy’s birthday dinner tonight who loves OF. Stopped by TW on the way in case they had something. Turns out they had OF1915. Neither of us has had it, so I called an audible and grabbed one for him and one for myself for $60 per. Also grabbed a store select RRSiB that I tried at the counter and was really good. The RR was priced at $60, but because it’s a TW Spirits Direct label, I was able to use a 10% coupon to get it down to $54. 

By 1915 I assume you mean 1910?   I think 1915 is the colloquial term for a home mingling of 1910 and 1920.

1 hour ago, rjg1701 said:

Was a lovely Saturday.

IMG_20190202_195227049.jpg

Picked up a bottle of decades this week too. I think it's fantastic. 

Got a bottle of Dickel Rye and OGD BIB tonight to use for Boulevardiers. Local store called a little while later to tell me they would have Old Ezra 7 yr. Barrel Proof next week. 

12 hours ago, mal00768 said:

Found a shelf full of 2016 Bookers. Grabbed a bottle mostly for the novelty of it.

That "Off Your Rocker" is a really good one! 

12 hours ago, Kepler said:

By 1915 I assume you mean 1910?   I think 1915 is the colloquial term for a home mingling of 1910 and 1920.

Ha! Yes, I meant 1910. Complete brain fart. Kinda funny since I’m the one who came up with the 1915 nickname. 

4 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Ha! Yes, I meant 1910. Complete brain fart. Kinda funny since I’m the one who came up with the 1915 nickname. 

Welcome to the CRS club Charlie.  :huh:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Welcome to the CRS club Charlie.  :huh:

Biba! Joe

FWIW, I'm president, and Vosgar is vice president. Or maybe Vosgar is president and I'm vice president. Hell, I can't remember. :unsure:

In trying to figure out what to bring to the family Super Bowl party today, last night I texted my nephew to ask what Van Winkle bottle he got in a local raffle a while back. I thought it was Lot B, and was correct. I texted him back that I'd bring some Old Rip 10 over today then. He texted me back, "Okay, but that's what you brought for Thansgiving." :huh:  Like I said, welcome to the club brother.

Biba, cheers, and Happy Super Bowl to one and all! 

Joe

Stumbled a few handles and 750's of VOB bib, couldn't resist.  Also saw the slightly revised label - sans bib - which I can now resist awhile longer...

On 1/29/2019 at 9:18 PM, lilsweetpea said:

Recent picks on a trip through DC... hubby is happy.

20190126_142901.jpg

20190126_142852.jpg

@0895 You were right OBSF 8 Years 10 months... They let us sample it in the store and it just sold itself!

image.png.bb237c08a25d4626d0bd6ed2fc283f3f.png

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Hah, well I recalled someone on here coined the 1915 name but I couldn't remember who.  Now I know

2 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Grabbed another 1.75 FC6 and more OE7 101

left the WT rye old label, and ECBP $59

101 proof old Label WT Rye? If so I would not have left that behind.

• I like it 2

27 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

101 proof old Label WT Rye? If so I would not have left that behind.

Yes 101 750. It was the one with the smaller Austin Nichols on the bottom of the label not the big Austin Nichols. I believe 2011-2015. There were plenty..its on my list.

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 1

I took the long way home and stopped by a place I check out now and again.  Ran into this “dusty flock”.

79B8F7EE-80EF-43E2-8EF4-48719763970D.jpeg

Edited by markandrex
  • I like it 7

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

I took the long way home and stopped by a place I check out now and again.  Ran into this “dusty flock”.

79B8F7EE-80EF-43E2-8EF4-48719763970D.jpeg

Those are soooo cute!    And, the puddy tat is pretty sweet as well.

3 hours ago, jodytek said:

It was a great Monday to call in to work and head to Versailles. WR DDO & BIB.

IMG_3963.jpg
IMG_3965.jpgIMG_3964.jpg

Hmm, so that bottled in bond is 100% pot still from DSP KY-52?

3 hours ago, jodytek said:

It was a great Monday to call in to work and head to Versailles. WR DDO & BIB.

IMG_3963.jpg
IMG_3965.jpgIMG_3964.jpg

What did each set you back, if I might ask?   I'm pretty curious about the BIB.

• I like it 1

Elijah Craig Barrel Proof A119.  Tried a small pour, palate off today but will return to it soon.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.