What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 1/10/2019 at 5:51 PM, Mako254 said:

Will,

mine is ‘95 as well. 

Epic juice, enjoy !!! (little jealous though) Cheers! 

Will.

Picked up a run of the mill Knob Creek today. 

Needed something to replace a killed bottle of woodford as a mixer for when company is over.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 6:05 PM, Mako254 said:

Second half of a trade. The #lawrenceburgmen tell me it comes highly recommended!

3E8240B6-FFDD-4281-ABBD-BFB6000E76A2.jpeg

I heard it was overrated and therefore I will take one for the team and offer to dispose of it on your behalf!

• I like it 4

6 hours ago, Kepler said:

I heard it was overrated and therefore I will take one for the team and offer to dispose of it on your behalf!

...A true humanitarian... ;)

Couldn’t pass on another bottle of the latest batch of Stagg Jr.  For good measure, I also picked up a baby Saz.  59 and 29, respectfully.

• I like it 1

16 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Couldn’t pass on another bottle of the latest batch of Stagg Jr.  For good measure, I also picked up a baby Saz.  59 and 29, respectfully.

As with everything lately it looks like the price has crept up on stagg jr. Used to be $45 but now creeping into the 50's.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

Depends on the price.

True.

Based upon what I've heard the last few Smooth Ambler gift shop bottles have been priced at, this was a bargain!

And it's the lower rye recipe.  My favorite!

Also, check out that badass eagle on the bottle.  Winner!

:P

Edited by 0895

The good state of Tennessee was very kind to me on my travels last week.  One of those Four Roses was even an OESO (although at only 8 years).

IMG_0568.jpg

• I like it 8

The good state of Tennessee was very kind to me on my travels last week.  One of those Four Roses was even an OESO (although at only 8 years).

IMG_0568.thumb.jpg.27dbb55a3e25049d90ddfe03c09bf48c.jpg

I see you visited one of my favorite stores south of Nashville. I can never get out of there with only one bottle...looks like you didn’t either.

• I like it 1

IMG_0568.thumb.jpg.27dbb55a3e25049d90ddfe03c09bf48c.jpg

Very nice from what I’ve seen posted on here Tennessee has to be one of the better states for pricing and availability.
  • I like it 2

I’m hearing big price increases are coming down the line for all things Weller. Not sure if it’s just the local distributor but all the stores in the area now have OWA @ $69.99 and Weller 12 @$89.99. I was fortunate to get the old price today but if this rumor is true I just bought my last bottle of Weller. 

29 minutes ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

I’m hearing big price increases are coming down the line for all things Weller. Not sure if it’s just the local distributor but all the stores in the area now have OWA @ $69.99 and Weller 12 @$89.99. I was fortunate to get the old price today but if this rumor is true I just bought my last bottle of Weller. 

You might want to check out the Weller Price Increase thread in the Industry News forum.

Biba! Joe

Thanks for the heads up on the thread. I thought I looked everywhere and didn’t see anything. In fact, I have never even noticed we have a “Industry News” area here. Been hear a few years and I’m still discovering new areas of the forum. Thanks. 

• I like it 1

20 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

IMG_0568.jpg

Wow, nice haul. All great stuff there. Where did you find those Belle Meade single barrels? Are they from the Gift Shop? I was really impressed with the Cumberland Cask releases. They are complex and powerful, but also easy to drink.

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

I see you visited one of my favorite stores south of Nashville. I can never get out of there with only one bottle...looks like you didn’t either.

That store was definitely my favorite of the ones that I saw.  Chatted up the owner a bunch and got to try a few really nice things.  The KCSB was very good and he claimed it was a 14 year 7 month pick.  Also got to try the Belle Meade Black Belle which he had out.  

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, silverc said:

Wow, nice haul. All great stuff there. Where did you find those Belle Meade single barrels? Are they from the Gift Shop? I was really impressed with the Cumberland Cask releases. They are complex and powerful, but also easy to drink.

One of the BM11's was from the gift shop and the other was from Corkdorks.  The Cumberland Cask was intriguing.  I settled for this one as I was worried that the Vanilla Bean or Cacao Nibs versions would be too sweet for my liking.

2 hours ago, beasled said:

Picked up another Stagg, and EHT 4G has graced our shores.

Screenshot_20190117-124549_Gallery.jpg

Very Nice!

That store was definitely my favorite of the ones that I saw.  Chatted up the owner a bunch and got to try a few really nice things.  The KCSB was very good and he claimed it was a 14 year 7 month pick.  Also got to try the Belle Meade Black Belle which he had out.  

Oh, you don’t really have to chat up the owner...he’ll chat with you and let you sample all day as long as you’re buying a lot of stuff. He’s one of the best salesmen I’ve ever met.

Trying to get a project wrapped up so I can head over to the LS and pick up a 4RSB, McKenna 10yr, and RRSB. 

David Nicholson 1843 for $18.99.  This is my go-to cheap wheated bourbon.  However, I think this particular liquor store has never corrected their price since Luxco rebranded and dropped the BIB.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.