Jump to content
kevinbrink

What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

Recommended Posts

Seasick Sailor
3 minutes ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

Barrel Proof ;)

73263093-F49D-4EAC-8D1B-885D0012E3E7.jpeg

How is it? I haven't been drinking too many wheaters lately, but I like the regular version quite a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoustonNit
Barrel Proof
73263093-F49D-4EAC-8D1B-885D0012E3E7.thumb.jpeg.14a0c338cd106fe6d51a8ad2fd2a4e96.jpeg


Thought you where done buying? Is this going for around $100? Also curious what you think about this one.
  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Obeezy1Kaneezy
48 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

How is it? I haven't been drinking too many wheaters lately, but I like the regular version quite a bit. 

 

44 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

 


Thought you where done buying? Is this going for around $100? Also curious what you think about this one.

 

 

 

Not sure when I’ll crack it.  Grabbed it from guy in my local bourbon club.  I’m actually pretty interested in how it’s gonna drink as well. 

 

@HoustonNit Done is a big word :D

I couldn’t pass it up out of sheer curiosity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mbroo5880i
1 hour ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

Barrel Proof ;)

73263093-F49D-4EAC-8D1B-885D0012E3E7.jpeg

Interesting.  Is this a new offering?  Just curious, if you don't mind saying, how much did you pay?

 

Honestly, I liked Larceny when it first came out but the last few bottles were meh.  However, Barrel Proof anything is always of interest.

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flahute
15 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Interesting.  Is this a new offering?  Just curious, if you don't mind saying, how much did you pay?

 

Honestly, I liked Larceny when it first came out but the last few bottles were meh.  However, Barrel Proof anything is always of interest.

This was a one time barrel pick event at last years Kentucky Bourbon Affair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoeTerp

Picked up these on Friday / Saturday.

 

 

IMG_0577.jpg

  • I like it 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Obeezy1Kaneezy
2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Interesting.  Is this a new offering?  Just curious, if you don't mind saying, how much did you pay?

 

Honestly, I liked Larceny when it first came out but the last few bottles were meh.  However, Barrel Proof anything is always of interest.

 

I paid what he paid ;)

 

I’m with you on my opinion of Larceny.  I still prefer it over Maker’s & lately over WSR, but not as much as I used to.  This wasn’t anything I’ve been hunting down, just an opportunity that presented itself so I said WTH why not...  It’s going to be a cool little thing to open up with the right crowd of guys so we can air our collective thoughts & enjoy the evening. 

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CardsandBourbon
7 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

Picked up these on Friday / Saturday.

 

 

IMG_0577.jpg

Nice haul Joe.  Hope you didn't pay full retail for the GTS.  Looks like someone had already opened it and had a couple of pours. ?

 

OK, why does it keep replacing my emojis with punctuation marks?

Edited by CardsandBourbon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fosmith
1 hour ago, CardsandBourbon said:

OK, why does it keep replacing my emojis with punctuation marks?

When the emojis box opens, scroll all the way down to the emoticons section and those will work.  :rolleyes:

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JSpartan

Picked up a WT Rare Breed from Binny’s with the 15% off coupon. I in no way needed it, but I felt I couldn’t let 15% off go to waste since I was in the area.

  • I like it 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BourbonBuzz

Picked up a bottle of Smooth Ambler's Old Scout 107 PS (Binny's). I was very happy.

 

Picked up Driftless Glen PS (Wisconsin). I was not so happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoeTerp
10 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Nice haul Joe.  Hope you didn't pay full retail for the GTS.  Looks like someone had already opened it and had a couple of pours. ?

 

OK, why does it keep replacing my emojis with punctuation marks?

These were all at a neighboring ABC county’s whiskey event over the past few days. I did pay full retail, but it wasn’t open until I cracked it open for a whiskey get together on Saturday night. That’s what I get for waiting to take a picture. 

  • I like it 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fishnbowljoe
3 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

These were all at a neighboring ABC county’s whiskey event over the past few days. I did pay full retail, but it wasn’t open until I cracked it open for a whiskey get together on Saturday night. That’s what I get for waiting to take a picture. 

"Atta Boy Luther!" :lol:  Ya' still done done brother. ;)

 

Biba! Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Backdoctor

Bought this for the weekly pool side tiki bar get together in our development. They needed bourbon. Last time I got some Jim Beam and realized at best it’s for mixed drinks. This was surprisingly pretty good on ice. Makes me want to grab that EB barrel proof 7 yr Old I’ve been seeing for a while. Totally surprised!

FF97D26E-E7DF-40F5-88B7-E02A9E93BA24.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FasterHorses
On 1/20/2019 at 5:12 PM, 0895 said:

12 year cask strength MGP

Yes please!

 

4D6C7051-2206-48D9-A798-04F403847692.jpeg

Crazy that some people will pay $30 more than these for 2 year old Peerless Rye. 

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0895
2 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Crazy that some people will pay $30 more than these for 2 year old Peerless Rye. 

I'm not going to justify Peerless prices.  I hate their prices.


That being said, I went down there, took a tour, met the owner, talked to the people, learned what they are about, tasted some of their 3y year gift shop only single barrels, and came home with two of them.  The whiskey is damn good.  The company is seemingly trying to do things right.  I respect the heck out of that.

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CardsandBourbon
12 hours ago, Backdoctor said:

Bought this for the weekly pool side tiki bar get together in our development. They needed bourbon. Last time I got some Jim Beam and realized at best it’s for mixed drinks. This was surprisingly pretty good on ice. Makes me want to grab that EB barrel proof 7 yr Old I’ve been seeing for a while. Totally surprised!

FF97D26E-E7DF-40F5-88B7-E02A9E93BA24.jpeg

I actually bought a bottle of this as I needed something to cook with and it was on sale.  Of course I had to sample it before using it in my recipe.  Was pleasantly surprised.  I have a bottle of the 7 y.o. 101 and it is better, but this will probably be one of the bottles I take to tailgates for mixing or for people who want to try something but where something like Stagg Jr. would be wasted on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Masset1982

Mic Drop batch 1 bottle incoming, as well as a EH Taylor Warehouse C Tornado Surviving sample, which is basically some small batch. It's always nice to try those unicorns and finding out that there is nothing special about them and to not have dropped some serious cash for it. Cheers! 

 

Will.

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0895
4 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

 It's always nice to try those unicorns and finding out that there is nothing special about them and to not have dropped some serious cash for it. Cheers! 

 

Will.

Well said. 

Now send me your lame a** G.T. Staggs!

:)

 

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Postal Grunt

I found a home for a 1.75L of KC this morning, right in the same cabinet as five  open bottles so it should feel right at home by the time Happy Hour commences at Casa de PG..

Edited by Postal Grunt
  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mross

Ran across, this, cannot pass up a good rye. Man I got it bad20190122_175346.jpeg

  • I like it 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
El Vino
10 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Mic Drop batch 1 bottle incoming, as well as a EH Taylor Warehouse C Tornado Surviving sample, which is basically some small batch. It's always nice to try those unicorns and finding out that there is nothing special about them and to not have dropped some serious cash for it. Cheers! 

 

Will.

I think you’ll find the Tornado sample something special.  I consumed numerous bottles on release and still have a couple in the bunker.  There is something about it...  I look forward to your reaction..

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fishnbowljoe
4 hours ago, Postal Grunt said:

I found a home for a 1.75L of KC this morning, right in the same cabinet as five  open bottles so it should feel right at home by the time Happy Hour commences at Casa de PG..

Atta Boy PG!  No rhyme nor reason needed. Been there, done that. I’m pretty sure other members here just might have done the same thing too. Probably at least a time or two. ;)

 

Biba! Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Masset1982
11 hours ago, 0895 said:

Well said. 

Now send me your lame a** G.T. Staggs!

:)

 

Well, the Stagg never let me down, expect maybe the 2016. Nice try ha ha. Today is gonna be a good, waiting for the postman.......Cheers man! 

 

Will.

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Masset1982
9 hours ago, El Vino said:

I think you’ll find the Tornado sample something special.  I consumed numerous bottles on release and still have a couple in the bunker.  There is something about it...  I look forward to your reaction..

If i enjoy the pour, would please send me one ????? Ha ha. Seriously, i'll report for sure. Cheers! 

 

Will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...