What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Delivered today, happy camper here!

7BFF4A6C-35E0-477C-BE10-193120E0209B.thumb.jpeg.07df4d51bfacdbb3e8ec86e8eff1ba61.jpeg

Will.

Nice! Which one is that?

• I like it 1

15 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Nice! Which one is that?

It's from 2012. Cheers! 

Will.

• I like it 3

On 1/21/2019 at 6:38 PM, JoeTerp said:

These were all at a neighboring ABC county’s whiskey event over the past few days. I did pay full retail, but it wasn’t open until I cracked it open for a whiskey get together on Saturday night. That’s what I get for waiting to take a picture. 

Nicely done! MoCo? I gave a little thought to going but we were busy and I figured I’d have had to sleep out to get anything. How were the crowds?

12 year cask strength MGP
Yes please!

4D6C7051-2206-48D9-A798-04F403847692.thumb.jpeg.81756f6beac43603cf29235c8bd3abc9.jpeg

I bought one of these over the weekend...had a pour each night since...can’t say I’m a fan. I feel when compared to the likes of OKI and SAOS 12 year MGP sourced booze this has a weird almost chemically taste...what are your impressions?
  • I like it 2

OK, so I went to the next county over (which I didn't even know had gone wet) doing some furniture shopping (honestly I was looking at bedroom suites for my son).  Had absolutely no plans to purchase anything.  As I started home I drove by a liquor store.  Drove a little further and decided, what the heck, I'll go back and see if they have anything.  Very limited bourbon selection and I was getting towards the end of the row and there it was

image.thumb.png.cefee086365ae01c44682fdd2127a0d9.png

Didn't have a price on it so girding myself for the ridiculous price I asked.  He said they had just gotten it today so he hadn't had a chance to put a price on the shelf.  He looked on the computer and said, "$31.99".  I said, "I'll take two."

• I like it 4

13 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

If i enjoy the pour, would please send me one ????? Ha ha. Seriously, i'll report for sure. Cheers! 

Will.

I’m in an odd place:  I’m an idiot if I don’t sell at secondary prices and I’m an idiot if I don’t drink them since I like them so much.  Either way it spells idiot.

• I like it 4

5 hours ago, grantsi said:

I bought one of these over the weekend...had a pour each night since...can’t say I’m a fan. I feel when compared to the likes of OKI and SAOS 12 year MGP sourced booze this has a weird almost chemically taste...what are your impressions?

The only 12 year MGP that I've tried so far is Widow Jane, which is proofed down to 100ish.  It was really darn good.

I have storage issues....err open issues....in other words, not enough space to open everything at once.

Anyway, All the 9-10 year Belles singles that I've tried have been very nice.

Are you saying you bought a "Missouri" 12y. BM bottle, or you bought a different 12y bottle of BM?

2 hours ago, El Vino said:

I’m in an odd place:  I’m an idiot if I don’t sell at secondary prices and I’m an idiot if I don’t drink them since I like them so much.  Either way it spells idiot.

Ugh.  Bourbon purgatory is the worst.

The only 12 year MGP that I've tried so far is Widow Jane, which is proofed down to 100ish.  It was really darn good.
I have storage issues....err open issues....in other words, not enough space to open everything at once.

Anyway, All the 9-10 year Belles singles that I've tried have been very nice.

Are you saying you bought a "Missouri" 12y. BM bottle, or you bought a different 12y bottle of BM?

Mine was actually the Illinois Edition BM 12 not Missouri - hope yours is better
  • I like it 1

8 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Nicely done! MoCo? I gave a little thought to going but we were busy and I figured I’d have had to sleep out to get anything. How were the crowds?

I took off Friday and got there about 3:55 am hoping to get a Four Roses or a Weller CYPB as a consolation prize. I think those were all gone by people who got there at 12:30 or earlier. So I got an Old Fitzgerald BIB 9 year. I honestly wouldn’t have gone that early for that but feel like the good karma aided my George T Stagg lotto win later in the day, so I have no regrets there. 

On Saturday I arrived at a very similar time (just before 4) and was number 66 which was safely within the top 100. They started handing out tickets at 5 am and I went back to my car and took a nap after I got the ORVW ticket. I’ve never had any of the Van Winkle line so I was really excited about this. It seems like 5 am was roughly the cutoff between being guaranteed an ORVW and needing to win the Lottie for the remaining. Both events were fun and I got to talk to some fellow crazies. 

Just my opinion but it’s not life changing money. You put time and effort into getting these bottles. If your not a fan let it go. Otherwise enjoy it.
  • I like it 1

8 hours ago, El Vino said:

I know this feeling, i'm trying to not think of it when i'm opening a nice bottle, ruins the experience. But i feel you, seeing the Warehouse CTS prices sky rocketing in Europe, not only in Europe though, its really more a collection item now, it's sad though because most of those are kept sealed even if it was meant to be enjoyed. Not judging of course ;-)))) Cheers! 

Will. 

5 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Just my opinion but it’s not life changing money. You put time and effort into getting these bottles. If your not a fan let it go. Otherwise enjoy it.

Nicely said. But i can understand this kind of dilemma. 

17 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

I took off Friday and got there about 3:55 am hoping to get a Four Roses or a Weller CYPB as a consolation prize. I think those were all gone by people who got there at 12:30 or earlier. So I got an Old Fitzgerald BIB 9 year. I honestly wouldn’t have gone that early for that but feel like the good karma aided my George T Stagg lotto win later in the day, so I have no regrets there. 

On Saturday I arrived at a very similar time (just before 4) and was number 66 which was safely within the top 100. They started handing out tickets at 5 am and I went back to my car and took a nap after I got the ORVW ticket. I’ve never had any of the Van Winkle line so I was really excited about this. It seems like 5 am was roughly the cutoff between being guaranteed an ORVW and needing to win the Lottie for the remaining. Both events were fun and I got to talk to some fellow crazies. 

Congrats! Thanks for sharing. Good for you and good for me as I can sleep well on my decision. 

17 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

Great job.  I know someone that got there at 5am that Friday and missed out on everything and was left to buy a EHT small batch.  He also got the OWA and some other stuff sold there (and the old rip the next day) but man waiting 5 hours for EHT, oufff.

Went to the local store that sold me the M10 for $114. Found this for $38.99. Had the regular EB and it was tasty, I imagine this will be good. Going to give this guy my business!

8EFDF0CA-2249-4011-9071-E7FA4AF63D7C.jpeg

• I like it 1

^ I've been wanting to try that. Haven't seen it anywhere around me though. Let us know your thought when you crack it open.

There was a "flash" release today at 7pm. Missed out on EC18 and ETL. Only other bottles were ECBP and CEHTSmB. The first guy in line had been there since 3pm. !?!?

I ended up with a slightly overpriced EHT and picked up some beer while there.

20190124_195002-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, ccleve23 said:

Great job.  I know someone that got there at 5am that Friday and missed out on everything and was left to buy a EHT small batch.  He also got the OWA and some other stuff sold there (and the old rip the next day) but man waiting 5 hours for EHT, oufff.

Well at least the OWA was priced at $22.99 and not the new MSRP. I feel like he must have turned down an “allocated” item as they had 195 and he should have been pretty safely in that zone at 5 am. I think you could have gotten there at 9 and got a Rhetoric 25. 

Grabbed the only Booker's 30th that I'll likely see available in Michigan, along with a WSR . . . just to see if it's regained some quality.   (The last WSR I bought, maybe a year ago or so, wasn't great.)

• I like it 2

12 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

Well at least the OWA was priced at $22.99 and not the new MSRP. I feel like he must have turned down an “allocated” item as they had 195 and he should have been pretty safely in that zone at 5 am. I think you could have gotten there at 9 and got a Rhetoric 25. 

Maybe.  I was guessing the OFC, HH27, 4R, CYPB, and Old Fitz were probably gone by then.  The other stuff on that list you could probably find anywhere (except maybe the Japanese whiskey).  

13 hours ago, Clueby said:

There was a "flash" release today at 7pm. Missed out on EC18 and ETL. Only other bottles were ECBP and CEHTSmB. The first guy in line had been there since 3pm. !?!?

I ended up with a slightly overpriced EHT and picked up some beer while there.

20190124_195002-784x1613.jpg

was this from the same store that recently put out an article about "ethics"?

Found this on a LS shelf the other night. Since it was an out dated label I couldn't pass up adding it to my collection. I am curious as to the approximate year when it was bottled though. I did some searching and I think it is from between 2003 - 2009, but maybe someone here has more knowledge that me. I am still fairly new to the collecting game.

image.png.7f2ac8b07938cca54b0ba2ac4dfbc4ca.pngimage.thumb.png.c4fa9ae69a0982f3346387d69955f25e.pngimage.thumb.png.2b5105ec70dc4ec93afe6904cb6ffdc0.png

37 minutes ago, Double C's said:

was this from the same store that recently put out an article about "ethics"?

:ph34r:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.